Thread: Help with Radiator Size

Help with Radiator Size

I have Cooler Master XB Case - I'm going to mod the top panel for radiator to cool 2 x R9 290X VGA's crossfire. I was wondering If the Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator will be able to cool cards at stock clocks ? I was also looking at the Phobya Xtreme QUAD 480 Square radiator. I'm going to use a 240 or 280 + 1 x 120 to cool mother board. I have the EK mobo water block and CPU water block. Plumbing this case is going to be a nightmare - I think I can pull it off. I'm going to run single loop if possible. I also removed hot swap bays to give a little more room. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks wibujo
    THRASHER: Liquid Cooled <>
    <> Cooler Master XB EVO <>
    <> Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5 F8d mod <>
    <> Intel 4770k @ stock 1.032v <>
    <> G.Skill F3-2400C10Q-32GTX <>
    <> 2/ Gigabyte GV-R929XD5-4GD-B <>
    <> Cooler Master V1000 <>

You will definitely be okay with a 480mm so long it is not some ultra quiet low fin density rad. I do not know much about the phobia 200mm. I saw someone use it for a single card, and it worked great. I had a 6950 and a CPU on a Swiftech 360mm queit rad with low-noise fans (Scythe GT's 1450 RPM), and both were over-clocked and running fine. I used a really crappy pump as well.

I do not have a ton of experience, but in general graphics cards do not need much under water. I know the 290x is a heat machine, but you can find plenty of guys with multiple 7970s on far less. I think a 480 will be fine. I have never seen a Phobiya 200mm in the wild. I did find a few interesting uses of the radiator in what appear to be Corsair Graphite cases:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=212652

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6010/...c6fd8e12_b.jpg

Xtreme Member
    I have two overclocked 7970s on a 2 rad loop, a triple and double and i've never managed higher than 60 celcius with full load on both cards and the cpu.

Not perfect but it works damn well. i imagine a 480 would do what you want.
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."