Thread: 12000 + 9000 Rotary Single Stages

12000 + 9000 Rotary Single Stages

Hi again.

Most of you remember me for my baby cascade jajaja. In the end it worked (a Killer SS could be far more effective), but for now that project is discarded. I need some cooler gases like ethane or ethilene. Will do a deep search in March for sure (have some frinds at that have access to University labs).

Upgraded the Danfoss NF11FX for some Panasonic R410A compressors with one of the condensers.

On the same base I have mounted two single stages, one for 12,000 BTU and the other one with 9,000 BTU.

These are the specs of the system (1st and 2nd) thats already built and is realy for gas filling.

Compressors: 2 x Panasonic R410A rotary compressors (12,000 & 9,000 BTU)
    EVAP: Piotres 118cm suction Line with 54mm evap. Ryba will provide me a 42mm x 140cm for the 9000 BTU SS next month.
    HX: Danfoss 10 plates (B3-014)
    CPEV: Captube (Piotres SL is 0.91mm x 270cm long).
    Condensers: 1x CD-8.4 1,5 KW (18000 BTU max) + 34 watts fan & 1 x CD 3/4, alu-cu (9000 BTU max) + 18 watts fan .
    Refrigerants: R507

9000 BTU system is thought for GPU, NB and Mems. Maybe can be used for CPU and cool two platforms at the same time . Im ordering from Ryba a lot of mounting kits .

For the moment we have only tested with R-507a and achieved -61?C idle. Right, that alone does not matters. Next week there would be some load tests with some resistances. Discarding the peltiers jajaja

Thanks for watching
    Last edited by samsarulz; 02-22-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Interesting project. Although, I will ask, why did you buy 410a compressors to use with 507?

It's got half of the displacement than you would see in a 507/404a compressor. That tends to promote less mass flow. I will be very interested to see some of your performance specs and measurements.
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie007 View Post
    Interesting project. Although, I will ask, why did you buy 410a compressors to use with 507?

It's got half of the displacement than you would see in a 507/404a compressor. That tends to promote less mass flow. I will be very interested to see some of your performance specs and measurements.
    The supplier where I bought the compressors had the 410a ones and some Panasonic for R-22. In my country there arent something near R507/R404. In other words, those are the only rotaries you can found in Chile.

Xtreme Addict
    Ohhh, I see. Gotta deal with what you've got.
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie007 View Post
    Ohhh, I see. Gotta deal with what you've got.
    Yeah, is a shame jajaj, but is even more expensive to import compressors from Ebay or Amazon. I have to try to start up from what I can have here. Suction Lines are imported at least

Xtreme 3D Team
    Hey samsarulz did you ever finish this? I was curious about if you had to adjust the captube length and what refrigerant you are using.