Thread: Best performance 1 TB SSD?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question Best performance 1 TB SSD?

I'm liking how the prices of SSD's are still falling and want to replace my 1 TB Velociraptor with a same size or near same size SSD, this will be used solely for Microsoft FSX flight sim and its many add ons that I've got as high as 700GB plus before believe it or not! My OS Win 7 Ultimate is on a separate SSD OCZ Agility.

I actually ordered this morning a 960GB Crucial M500 2.5" SATA III 6G (I guess that's about 900GB usable?) and then thought, I might have been too quick off the mark so called and cancelled it, googled some reviews, its got good reviews but a couple of them suggest the Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB is a much better drive and to consider that instead, its costlier for sure but I really am looking for affordable performance here and can just about stretch to one after finding a good price on Amazon UK.

The warranty is an issue after some problems I've had in the past with OCZ SSD's and although I got replacements I had to jump through hoops to get them, the UK Vendor whom I ordered the Crucial M500 this morning stated a 3 year warranty that I consider good, they don't have the Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB so looked for best price in UK and Amazon says it has only 12 months manufacturer warranty but perhaps that's a copy and paste job? Amazon are OK but pretty generic on full information for their products I've found.

So:

Question 1: Is the Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB a good choice or is there something better all things considered for a 1TB or thereabouts performance SSD?

Question 2: What is the true warranty of a Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB? surely its not just 12 months?

Question 3: Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks.
    Last edited by M31; 01-29-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Tidy up