Thread: SpeedFan Query / Question

Xtreme Member

SpeedFan Query / Question

Hi guy's, first of all its been a while since ive posted here or messed about with my PC to be honest, Ive been playing about with my smart phone, rooting and modding it and its kinda taken over my life up until now, so im very sorry if ive posted this question in the wrong place.

up until now ive been using Gigabyte EasyTune 6 to control my fans but personally, I hate the huge, bulky UI, so ive decided to switch over to SpeedFan, I think ive configured it right and pretty much all seems to be working quite well, however I do have a couple of questions regarding the software if any experienced user can answer these questions for me I'd greatly appreciate it, but first i'll post my system / fan setup.

Im running a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 1366 mobo, it has 5 PWM fan headers on it, all of the headers are taken up with fans and all 5 headers are monitored and reported in the bios, they are labelled CPU Fan, Sys Fan, Fan 1, Fan 2 and Fan 3, however, on fan header 1 is my water cooling pump which registers as 4440 rpm in the bios but speedfan isn't seeing it, speedfan says 0 RPM and the same for fan header 3, does anyone know why ?
    My Noctua Fans are connected to the CPU header, the Evercools are connected to fan Header 2 and the other noctua is connected to Sys Fan Header, seems to be header 1 (Laing DDC) and header 3 (Coolermaster) that speedfan cant monitor.
    (See attached pictures)

ET6 could see and monitor all 5 headers, whereas SpeedFan doesn't seem to be able to monitor all 5 although it can see them, if I cant resolve this, i'll end up going back to ET6.

Ive also attached some pictures of my config setup, however at the moment I have had to configure speedfan to also control my 2 graphics card fans, I would prefer the ATI software to automatically control these for me as it did before, how do I set this up ? I tried selecting auto for the fan config in speedfan, but they didn't appear to speed up at all when I ran heaven benchmark, I had to quit the benchmark quickly and manually ramp the fans up to cool down the cards, at that point is when I configured the fans manually in speedfan for the 2 x GPU's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	config 2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	131912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	config 3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	131913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Config.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	131914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main screen.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	131915  
    Last edited by Seanie's Show; 01-18-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    Intel Core i7 920 2.66ghz @ 4.3ghz HT Enabled, core @ 1.34v, VTT @ 1.28v, NB @ 1.30v (212 x 21) Batch No: 3910A369
    6gb (3x2gb) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 17000C9 2133MHz @ 1640mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper Rev 1.0 @ 205fsb Beta Bios
    1 x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD, AHCI
    1 x Western Digital 500gb SATAIII 16mb Cache HDD, AHCI
    Sony DVD +/- R/RW/RAM x22 Dual Layer, AHCI
    2 x Saphire ATI Radeon R9 270 2gb (Crossfire)
    Gigabyte Odin 850w Modular PSU (Software Controlled)
    EK Supreme HF Copper LGA1366, Laing D5 Pump, 2 x 240mm Radiator & 120mm Radiator
    Cooler Master HAF XB LAN Box
    Windows Se7en Pro x64 bit