Thread: My Thermochill 360 won't fit in the top of the NZXT switch 810!?

My Thermochill 360 won't fit in the top of the NZXT switch 810!?

The screw holes are just all wrong for this radiator in the top - AARRGGHH that is one of the reasons I chose this one. Any suggestions on how to modify to fit? Looks like I need to cut out the entire top hole and fashion an adapter plate = OUCH a lot of work.

Maybe I should just go with a new 140x3 radiator - any recs on that for low fan speed?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by walshlg View Post
    The screw holes are just all wrong for this radiator in the top - AARRGGHH that is one of the reasons I chose this one. Any suggestions on how to modify to fit? Looks like I need to cut out the entire top hole and fashion an adapter plate = OUCH a lot of work.

Maybe I should just go with a new 140x3 radiator - any recs on that for low fan speed?
    You could always drill new holes on the rad
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme Mentor
    Do you have the older Thermochill rad or the newer one? Older one has 25mm spacing and the new one has 15mm standard spacing. If it's the older one you will need to modify the case. If it is the newer one then it should line up assuming the top is designed for a triple 120mm rad.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Umm im running a black ice gtx 360 at the top of my switch 810... fits good
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Thinking of biting the bullet and getting a new slim sized triple 140, still not enough headroom with the thick old 3x120, sigh it always comes down to money vs convenience, feeling lazy. Could cut out the entire top to move the rad up 1 inch and use right angle braces to use the side holes on the rad to the case top, give better clearance but I just get sick of cutting steel, that circumference is over 50 inches - maybe could go out and get a cuttoff tool! Hey, now that's a nice idea, MORE TOOLS!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It sounds very much like you have the old revision with the larger fan spacing. Those were designed before 15mm spacing became the standard, and are still superb performers to this day. Basically all the top radiators today are copies of your Thermochill PA120.3. I still have one myself and plan on never selling it!

If you want to keep using the rad you don't necessarily need to cut into the steel case, you could build yourself an adaptor out of an aluminum sheet. Cut big holes into it so the air can flow freely, and fasten it to the rad using the original rad scre holes. Then drill holes in the correct spacing to mount the fans and then mount the whole assembly to the top of the case. Maybe also use some kind of door or window insulation to make sure no air moves out between the adaptor and the rad, kind of what the old Thermochill neoprene gaskets did.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I had exactly the same issue back in the days with my CM Cosmos 1000. With 25mm hole spacing in Thermochill I had to modify the top (not to mention cutting a hole for one fan ).

Being a little wiser when picking new case I got myself BitFenix Shinobi XL with honeycomb all over the top.
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have the old one too, but I would probably consider selling it since I don't do any testing / bench marking.

OP you might be able to just make a thin adapter plate too out of something easier to work with like aluminum. If the radiator is too thick, then it's going to be a custom job anyways.
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Xtreme Member
    I have 2x old 120.2 Thermochills, and youd have to offer me a load of money to part with them. I consider pretty much every new radiator a downgrade to what I have.

And back to the OP, if you want to install them, you have to basically mount ONE fan only to the case/radiator, the other 2 fans are mounted directly to the radiator. Meaning, youll have 1 fan that's mounted to the case/radiator with 4 screws that pass from the outside of the case threw the fan screw holes screwing into the radiator, then 2 fans that are mounted to only the radiator, if that makes any sense. Youll need 2 different size m4 screws also. Best bet would be to buy long ones, and cut them.
    MM H2gO - Win 7 Pro
    2 PA120.2 Thermochill
    MCP355 w/XSPC res top
    i5-2500k @ 5.0ghz w/Heatkiller 3.0
    Corsair HX850 - M IV Gene-z
    GTX 480 w/DD 480 ni/cu