Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EA faces class action investor lawsuit over quality of Battlefield 4

Xtreme Mentor
    sometimes i am very surprised to see individuals defending a product more then the company own's it.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    sometimes i am very surprised to see individuals defending a product more then the company own's it.
    funny isn't it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    funny isn't it.
    Yeah, most people have the tendency to zealously defend whatever it is they bought rather to admit they messed up and bought something mediocre. Kinda sad that companies rely on exactly that mentality to get away with cutting corners and putting out shoddy products.

It's a good thing DICE and EA are in the software business, if they had the same quality control but were in say the construction business I don't think many of you would get in an elevator going to the 30th floor, not without checking your insurance coverage anyways.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    While I completely understand where you are coming from, the best way IMO to tell if its the game or the overclock is just run stock for a awhile...if the game still crashes then you know with more certainty its buggy software, game or driver

Over the past decade I have had similar upsets regarding what should be a completely stable oc, sometimes it just makes 0 sense how I can prime and furmark but a specific game which creates less heat still manages to throw me windows based exception errors.

Bf4 and bf3 have ran completely flawless for me in terms of crashing... Battlelog and punkbuster service problems seem to be more common for me...but not even that bad. I may have a problem once or twice a week... And I play daily

I too am a core UT player but not just 99 I played them all, CTF and DM mostly 2k3 being my favorite due to quick weapon switching
    I probably should said that from the get go, the aforementioned PC was and IS STOCK. i Even rolled back from the beta drivers.I wasnt meddling around in it because it was a christmas upgrade so i wanted to be absolutely sure the kid would be happy.Anyhow he is when he plays team fortress :-/ .Its some issue with origin or netcode, campaign plays fine.Also it isnt bluescreening, it just crashes to windows or says "someone else logged into the account".No one did.

As for UT i am probably just old, UT seemed more fluid to me than the newer ones, faster and more fluid ,but im just grumpy old dude, i played Q1 even when Q3 was available :P
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Welcome to last decade.
    It's certainly not a new development, I'm just pointing out that they're getting REALLY close to the most unfinished possible release. (And in fact, overstepped that line a little bit with BF4)

Then again, with stuff like kickstarter-funded software, it's now becoming more acceptable to release even less finished product, so maybe the bar will sink even lower.
    Last edited by iddqd; 12-21-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    Yeah, most people have the tendency to zealously defend whatever it is they bought rather to admit they messed up and bought something mediocre. Kinda sad that companies rely on exactly that mentality to get away with cutting corners and putting out shoddy products.

It's a good thing DICE and EA are in the software business, if they had the same quality control but were in say the construction business I don't think many of you would get in an elevator going to the 30th floor, not without checking your insurance coverage anyways.

Haha you have the right to your opinions of course... Except I didn't actually buy the game I got it free with a video card...I detest their pricing model however, but not much choice if I want to play on certain maps. No other game can substitute for bf at this point for me though. I feel its a game worth paying for, probably because I'm one of the "few" without issues. If you didn't keep crashing what would your thoughts be on the game?
    NF7 v2.0 | 2400XP-M @ 220 x 13.5 2970mhz | Prometeia Mach 2 Cooled | 2 x 256MB XMS3500| R9800Pro (497/430) on air |
    2x WD800JB Raid 0 | 1 x WD800JB (storage) | Antec TrueControl 550
    3dmark2001

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    It's certainly not a new development, I'm just pointing out that they're getting REALLY close to the most unfinished possible release. (And in fact, overstepped that line a little bit with BF4)

Then again, with stuff like kickstarter-funded software, it's now becoming more acceptable to release even less finished product, so maybe the bar will sink even lower.
    Whatever they changed on the latest couple patches are causing me to crash now

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Whatever they changed on the latest couple patches are causing me to crash now
    they solved crashes for me but lag, stutters and rubber banding becomes worse.

c[_]
    and no crashes today.. go figure. I havent had a stutter or and rubber banding yet. That will probably happen tomorrow.

Xtreme Mentor
    Lol BF4 game of surprises

Xtremeish
    Isn't the whole "problem" with BF4 over BF3 that this was a rushed and feeble attempt by EA to make more money? BF4 was a bit too early if you ask me and that is exactly why we see it suffering.

I have only tried it once, can't really say anything bad about it except that it crashed, basically a BF3 DLC with minor updates.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    EA must close. There's nothing good there.
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Better wait until BF5 is out next year with the 30fps cap adopted from the NFS series

Electronic fArts... 'nuff said.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Bf 3.5, Seriously BF3 wasn't properly finished.
    Trying to keep modest stats can be frustrating when some chump with a LMG can just one shot you.
    50% of players give or take are cheaters that think it's normal to cheat in a game nowadays.
    I was suckered into Premium but really only play the original and Back to Karkand maps.

When I think of some of the great developers EA gobbled up, it really does bring a gaming tear to my eye.

Disregard my post
    Last edited by b00ts77; 12-23-2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: forgot to add the plight of my favourite game dev's
    AMD PII 555be @ x4 3.2
    Asrock 890GX Extreme 3
    Ocz Black edition 7-7-7-24
    Prolimatech Megahalems w/ Gentle Typhoon
    Samsung 1920x1200 LCD
    CM HAF922 Limited Red
    OCZ Agility 3 120gb
    Samsung F3 1tb
    Asus GTX460 1gb

I am Xtreme
    BF3 was the last straw for me to never by an EA game again.
    The game was a buggy as any dice game at release, but no only that. the most popular game mode was meat grinder for "mah unlocks", K/D iditos everywhere, Battleblog and the out off the a** monetization before fixing there damn game...

So yeah I never bothered with BF4 to begin with... which is more of an expansion then a new game anyway. Can't wait for BF5 next year.

xtreme energy
    I don't think BF5 will fix anything. I am pretty sure BF series (1942, 2, 2142) as we once knew it is dead. It is sad to be honest as it was an exceptionally great game.

Xtreme Mentor
    imo bf4 is far superior then bf3. it has bugs but bf4 is the game which bf3 should actually be. maps are awesome imo and bugs ... unfortunately except crashes it is just like what i am expecting. this shows how bad ea is of course, customers know it will be buggy from the beginning. of course because of this bug expectations i didn't pre ordered the game or buy it with the price of 59.99 euro but i paid 34 euro for it.

as i said it is superior then bf3 for me. if they fix important bugs soon i would be satisfied but if they can't this time i may pass bf5 or wait to buy it from 15 euro this time.

Xtreme Addict
    Try windowed mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I don't think BF5 will fix anything. I am pretty sure BF series (1942, 2, 2142) as we once knew it is dead. It is sad to be honest as it was an exceptionally great game.
    Bf2142 was such an underrated game.. It is beyond exceptional...I pray they make a sequel with the frostbite 3 engine. I dislike ea as a publisher but I won't restrict myself just because...

Same with everything else, if amd can't deliver a decent next generation gpu, nvidia will have my money. If BF has a true better competitor ( massive 64p maps, insane destructible terrain) I'd get that as well/instead

Feel free to suggest other similar games I may not know about btw.. But as it is bf4 has my precious time
    NF7 v2.0 | 2400XP-M @ 220 x 13.5 2970mhz | Prometeia Mach 2 Cooled | 2 x 256MB XMS3500| R9800Pro (497/430) on air |
    2x WD800JB Raid 0 | 1 x WD800JB (storage) | Antec TrueControl 550
    3dmark2001

Xtreme Guru
    I play bF2 project reality mod every day. its the best game!

Xtreme Addict
    The game has been outlawed in China.
    I don't think they're missing out on anything, I haven't met anyone that likes the game.
    Also I had just updated my copy the other day and it crashed 75% of the time starting the game.
    EA only seems to make games that don't work these days.
    They should go back to sports, then again I'd rather play tecmo bowl on the nes...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    BF3 was the last straw for me to never by an EA game again.
    The game was a buggy as any dice game at release, but no only that. the most popular game mode was meat grinder for "mah unlocks", K/D iditos everywhere, Battleblog and the out off the a** monetization before fixing there damn game...

So yeah I never bothered with BF4 to begin with... which is more of an expansion then a new game anyway. Can't wait for BF5 next year.
    BattleLog was an auto-turnoff for me. Some servers just never appears in the server list. Played a few minutes before I stopped because I had CSGO which is easier to get into without all the hassle. Glad that I got the game on a humble bundle.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbox View Post
    BattleLog was an auto-turnoff for me. Some servers just never appears in the server list. Played a few minutes before I stopped because I had CSGO which is easier to get into without all the hassle. Glad that I got the game on a humble bundle.
    Yea, BattleLog was the killer for me too, it was just one more got to be open to play game system too far for me. I still play 2142 a little but mostly for FPS I now go to Planetside 2 only. EA killed Battlefield just like Activision killed CoD & EA killed MoH & Disney Killed that cool looking Star Wars game.

Is 2013 the year the FPS cried?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    Yea, BattleLog was the killer for me too, it was just one more got to be open to play game system too far for me. I still play 2142 a little but mostly for FPS I now go to Planetside 2 only. EA killed Battlefield just like Activision killed CoD & EA killed MoH & Disney Killed that cool looking Star Wars game.

Is 2013 the year the FPS cried?
    Seriously, at first, I thought that battlelog was going to be terrible. After playing battlefield 3 for a while, I realised that it has plenty of capabilities, and in theory, it should work fine. The truth is that battlelog now (almost tree months after battlefield 4 release) still feels as a "beta" website. I'm facing here lots of crashes, servers not showing the ping, crappy bugs when connecting to a server and the list of problems goes on and on, and unfortunately, this list does not stop with battlelog. After connecting to a battlefield 4 game, I'm facing huge problems with the autobalance, levolution crashes, random bugs, one shot kills, lots of cheaters, etc, etc...

After playing battlefield 3 for 200+ hours, I thought that battlefield 4 could not be worse. I was so wrong.... worst 100 bucks ever.
    PC:
    MOBO: Maximus VI Extreme
    CPU: Core i7-4770k
    RAM: 2x4gb Dominator Platinum 2133
    GPU: GeForce GTX Titan

Greetings from Brazil!

c[_]
    You know what the most telling issue with battlelog is that shows how poorly its put together?

There's no "select all" for map search (or any of the other options) and if you dont click each and every map listed its a toss-up whether you're going to get all the servers you're actually trying to search for or not. In fact i've found it s almost easier to google for servers then add the IP manually. Thats pretty sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast