Thread: You guys getting parse errors too????

Xtreme Cruncher

You guys getting parse errors too????

BOINC won't update and get new tasks from WCG, I assume because of the following:

12/17/2013 7:04:46 AM | World Community Grid | Requesting new tasks for CPU
    12/17/2013 7:04:47 AM | World Community Grid | [error] Can't parse task in scheduler reply: unexpected XML tag or syntax
    12/17/2013 7:04:47 AM | World Community Grid | [error] No close tag in scheduler reply

I rebooted the machine, and reset the project. Same thing.

Any ideas?

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Nope. Working fine here. Have you been playing with any config files lately?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Fine for me too. Got 24 threads running and no problems.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    Nope. Working fine here. Have you been playing with any config files lately?
    Nope. Haven't touched a thing in quite a while. Have not updated BOINC since the GPU "craze". I'll try that

Xtreme Cruncher
    No luck. Still get the same error after re-installing BOINC.

I would like to do a fresh/new install of BOINC but not lose my computer's ID. I know in the past I've replaced the entire new "program data" folder with the old one to keep the computer's ID. I'm wondering if maybe an old app_config, or old cc_config file are causing the problem (although they are renamed to something like cc_config renamed).

Anyone know the exact file or files that are needed in order to maintain one's computer ID? If so, what are they? I've already lost the 10 or so completed work units that were unable to be sent home....so nothing else is waiting or at risk of being lost....I just want to maintain this machine's ID. I tried google but my character strings are not giving me what I need because I don't know what I should be looking for. Sorry.

Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    I haven't run into to this (yet) but there is a new thread on this in the WCG forums. Unable to Download new Tasks - No close tag in scheduler reply

In that thread knreed wrote
    "Scribe, please force an update and let me know if you continue to experience this error. If you are still experiencing the error please email me (knreed@us.ibm.com) the following files:

sched_reply_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml
    sched_request_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml

They are located in the boinc data directory."

As to what file(s) contain the link to machine id I'm in the same place as you, haven't been able to figure it out and have been using the same brute force method of overlaying the "old" data folder.

Good luck,

Bill P

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks wplachy....seems to be working fine now.