Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Holiday Sale expected to start today

Xtreme Addict

Steam Holiday Sale expected to start today

According to a number or people, the Holiday Sale will start today.

Bring all classic gifs and videos

Xtreme Addict

Oh Gabe...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm pretty sure it started a while ago.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconyu View Post
    I'm pretty sure it started a while ago.
    11am MST on 12/19.
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, just a few hours ago.
    There was an autumn sale like a month though, perhaps you mean that one.
    The hidden gems thread is still in progess, you can check a few of them here:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...7&postcount=22

Xtreme Cruncher
    Somebody somewhere said "There's so many sales they should just have the whole year be a sale................" and yah I pretty much check it every day
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sorry Valve I only purchase things with Doge coin...
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

XS News
    sale looks under whelming. Jc2 with all dlc was nice though.
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Xtreme Member
    I knew there was more to Gabe...Santa is Real!
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    I knew there was more to Gabe...Santa is Real!
    Haha, so true

Xtreme Member
    In celebration of the holiday season, Valve is offering Left 4 Dead 2 free on Steam until 1 PM Eastern Time tomorrow (Thursday 26th). The deal is part of the Steam Holiday Sale, which offers massive savings on games between December 19th and January 3rd.

Unlike the usual free game Steam weekends, which allow you to play the game for free for a limited time, if you download Left 4 Dead 2 during the promotion it will add to your library, allowing you to play it free forever. It may not be the newest game, but for the grand total of $0 it sure is good value.
    Source at TECHSPOT

LINK TO GAME PURCHASE $0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Deimos*** View Post
    WARNING GTX480 - may cause dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, dehydration, shortness of breath, headaches, naussea, explosive diahrea

Foxconn Bloodrage P11 ( 2.1 SLIC MOD )
    Corei7 980 (3118B583) 4.2ghz 24-7 with stock vcore
    2x8GB PNY 1600c9 @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-1T
    nVidia GTX 770
    256gb OCZ Vertex4 FW 1.5
    2TB Green Barracuda
    Antec HCG-620w PSU
    Corsair H50 ( Sucks Hairry Balls IMHO )
    Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black Custom Sleeved
    3 x Dell U2410 H-IPS 1920x1200 Surround
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Xtreme Member
    You can have "Left 4 Dead 2" for free from Steam as a Christmas present. Login to your account and simply redeem the free game from the Steam store by 10/26/13 10AM ET.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/26/5...christmas-2013
    Last edited by DefStar; 12-26-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    Thank god it is over. I won't be playing L4D2 online anytime soon. Had less than 30k playing last night and is at 125k right now.
    Servers are still stretched to their limits, reached a new peak of 3142Gbps not too long ago.

US servers seem to be decent now.

Xtreme Member
    The game is free forever for whom ever downloaded it, so its not over.
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

Xtreme Addict
    The game is free forever for whom ever downloaded it, so its not over.
    True but SlickDeals seemed to have brought a bunch of cheapskates just looking for a free game and the way Valve worded the announcement made it sound like it had to be downloaded/installed before 10am today, so crazy traffic on the servers.

Added it to the library on my alt account today, didn't even start the download, still in my library and downloadable.

Edit- It is a great promotion to get new people to download and install Steam I guess, people who may not have heard about the Steam Sale.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    True but SlickDeals seemed to have brought a bunch of cheapskates just looking for a free game and the way Valve worded the announcement made it sound like it had to be downloaded/installed before 10am today, so crazy traffic on the servers.

Added it to the library on my alt account today, didn't even start the download, still in my library and downloadable.

Edit- It is a great promotion to get new people to download and install Steam I guess, people who may not have heard about the Steam Sale.
    Cheapskates? you jumped on the promotion as well....
    Last edited by DefStar; 12-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

Xtreme Member

Thats exactly what I did! I never used steam before so I decided to sign up and put the game in my library. Didn't even download yet. Hard to argue with their prices. I don't mind waiting a while to get a game cheap. I would usually just pirate the games, but for the prices they got, I can support the developers too. Steam games are the only ones worth playing in my book.
    WARNING GTX480 - may cause dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, dehydration, shortness of breath, headaches, naussea, explosive diahrea

nVidia GTX 770
    256gb OCZ Vertex4 FW 1.5
    2TB Green Barracuda
    Antec HCG-620w PSU
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    Thats exactly what I did! I never used steam before so I decided to sign up and put the game in my library. Didn't even download yet. Hard to argue with their prices. I don't mind waiting a while to get a game cheap. I would usually just pirate the games, but for the prices they got, I can support the developers too. Steam games are the only ones worth playing in my book.
    There is a sick first person shooter/sword game on steam called Shadow Warrior by 3D Realms...I never heard anything about this game on IGN or anything but I'm really impressed with it...it is literally the funnest game I have ever played and its cheap on Steam.
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

Xtreme Addict
    Cheapskates? you jumped on the promotion as well....
    I waited till the last minute and thought I would just try to add it to my alt account. It was an afterthought.
    I already bought and played through the game.

I am an avid Steam user, not someone who read about it on a forum/website and installed Steam to get a free $5 game...
    My Account

The majority of SlickDeal users are disgusting to me. They usually have no interest in a product or website but because of an amazing deal someone else found or a pricing mistake they try to by out the inventory to resell and make a profit... There are countless times that a good deal got wasted/cancelled because of SDers.
    Last edited by LordEC911; 12-27-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Nice to know someone cares enough to voice their opinion about these "SDers".
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

Xtreme Member
    There are countless times that a good deal got wasted/cancelled because of SDers.
    That's pretty lame.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Memory: 2x4gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Sapphire 6950 Toxic on BenQ XL2420TE
    Board: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power: Corsair AX850W (70A)

HEATware
    Currently playing: Planetside 2, Dead Space 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Xtreme Member
    On a side note, does anyone know why my steam wont work? I installed steam, downloaded L4D2, and the game refuses to run. It keeps saying "The game has failed to start (unknown error)". Any ideas?

nVidia GTX 770
    256gb OCZ Vertex4 FW 1.5
    2TB Green Barracuda
    Antec HCG-620w PSU
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Xtreme Member
    I waited till the last minute and thought I would just try to add it to my alt account. It was an afterthought.
    I already bought and played through the game.

I am an avid Steam user, not someone who read about it on a forum/website and installed Steam to get a free $5 game...
    My Account

The majority of SlickDeal users are disgusting to me. They usually have no interest in a product or website but because of an amazing deal someone else found or a pricing mistake they try to by out the inventory to resell and make a profit... There are countless times that a good deal got wasted/cancelled because of SDers.
    My impression after visiting Slickdeals for the past 6-7 years is that the guys who buy up a bunch of hard drives or software because of a special promo or price mistake and then resell are in the minority. There are far more whiners/numbnuts who will criticize the deal because it wasn't as good as the Black Friday deal from last year and/or required shipping, a rebate, or included sales tax. Then there are other SD'ers like myself who just like to get the best deal possible without screwing someone over since we have limited money. Also, there are some good samaritan type SD'ers who will share their knowledge on a particular product, which can be very useful. I was grateful when SD'ers told me what drives were used in a particular Seagate or Western Digital external hard drive deal almost two years ago when the floods in Thailand created a major price gap between external hard drives and internal hard drives. Some SD'ers would even post useful YouTube links on how to strip/rip/harvest the drives from external enclosures. So again, not all SD'ers are greedy self serving louts.
    Last edited by yojimbo197; 12-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Desktop rigs:
    Oysterhead- Intel i5-2320 CPU@3.0Ghz, Zalman 9500AT2, 8Gb Patriot 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, 120Gb Kingston V200+ SSD, 1Tb Seagate HD, Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit, LG 330W PSU

Flying Frog Brigade-Intel Xeon W3520@2.66Ghz, 6Gb Hynix 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 640Gb Hitachi HD, 512Mb GDDR5 AMD HD4870, Mac OSX 10.6.8/Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon dual boot

Laptop:
    Colonel Claypool-Intel T6600 Core 2 Duo, 4Gb 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 1Gb GDDR3 Nvidia 230M,240Gb Edge SATA6 SSD, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know why my steam wont work? I installed steam, downloaded L4D2, and the game refuses to run. It keeps saying "The game has failed to start (unknown error)". Any ideas?
    Right click the game in the list -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> click verify integrity of game cache.

That might fix the issue.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo197 View Post
    My impression after visiting Slickdeals for the past 6-7 years is that the guys who buy up a bunch of hard drives or software because of a special promo or price mistake and then resell are in the minority. There are far more whiners/numbnuts who will criticize the deal because it wasn't as good as the Black Friday deal from last year and/or required shipping, a rebate, or included sales tax. Then there are other SD'ers like myself who just like to get the best deal possible without screwing someone over since we have limited money. Also, there are some good samaritan type SD'ers who will share their knowledge on a particular product, which can be very useful. I was grateful when SD'ers told me what drives were used in a particular Seagate or Western Digital external hard drive deal almost two years ago when the floods in Thailand created a major price gap between external hard drives and internal hard drives. Some SD'ers would even post useful YouTube links on how to strip/rip/harvest the drives from external enclosures. So again, not all SD'ers are greedy self serving louts.
    QFT

I've probably jumped on 1 price mistake (Amazon GTX 570s for $100 lower than everywhere else) in my years of being there. Everything else was just good deals that weren't even exclusively electronics.

There's a large pool of people on SD w/ a deep knowledge of certain products. I've had more help & people saying not to jump on a deal for one reason or another. People discouraging buying, on SD? No way... Well, it happens.

As for buying for resale, doesn't happen much. If you're buying that many, deals simply get canceled. I've seen it more than enough & complain every time. Also, a lot of deals have an item limit.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast