Thread: WCG News - Upload File System Full

Xtreme X.I.P.

WCG News - Upload File System Full

The file system which stores the upload files filled up last night. We are working on resolving this issue now. Until we have resolved the issue, clients will not be able to upload results. You will however, be able to download new tasks to process.
    Here is the link: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...ffset,0#442668

HWiNFO Author
    Every day a new surprise

Xtreme Member
    Hope they fix it soon or I won't have any work left,...seems I have too many WUs waiting to get uploaded...

12/11/2013 11:25:37 AM | World Community Grid | Not requesting tasks: too many uploads in progress

Xtreme Member
    It is uploading now for me. A half hour ago I had a long list waiting to upload. They are all gone now. :-)

Xtreme Member
    OK, uploaded, reported, and got some new work! Back to normal I assume.

Xtreme Member
    It's fixed for me.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ne.shot View Post
    It's fixed for me.
    I had a batch of completed WU's that took a while to upload, but they all passed through this afternoon. Lately I've been seeing a pattern the past two days of our modem dropping out in the mid-late afternoon. Yesterday's outage was over 3.5 hours. Unfortunately now I have another chunk that is stuck uploading. I can't tell whether its Comcrap's signal fading in and out and/or the WCG server
    Desktop rigs:
    Oysterhead- Intel i5-2320 CPU@3.0Ghz, Zalman 9500AT2, 8Gb Patriot 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, 120Gb Kingston V200+ SSD, 1Tb Seagate HD, Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit, LG 330W PSU

Flying Frog Brigade-Intel Xeon W3520@2.66Ghz, 6Gb Hynix 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 640Gb Hitachi HD, 512Mb GDDR5 AMD HD4870, Mac OSX 10.6.8/Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon dual boot

Laptop:
    Colonel Claypool-Intel T6600 Core 2 Duo, 4Gb 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 1Gb GDDR3 Nvidia 230M,240Gb Edge SATA6 SSD, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Xtreme Legend
    Those of you that get issues with uploading might want to remember....

If you have too many results to upload [Greater than 2x BOINC processor threads], downloading is suspended by the client! even if the new work server is up and running.

Having a day or two in cache (minimum work buffer) will keep you going during these outages

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!