Thread: MCM Betas arriving now

Xtreme Legend

MCM Betas arriving now

Need Beta badges ???

MCM seem to be running a beta again ..... probably trying to fix the issue of invalids caused when stopping any wu partway through

EDIT
    Since this is testing checkpoint, if possible, please force your agent to checkpoint. To do this, turn "Leave Application In memory" off and then suspend the work unit. To make sure the work unit is out of memory, you can open 'Task Manager' or 'ps' to make sure the application does not show. Then resume it. Another easy method to force a restore from checkpoint is to reboot your machine.
    This beta test will have 50,000 work units which will mean 100,000 results sent out.

EDIT2:

I wanted to give everyone an update on the issues addressed and not addressed in this beta.

Short running workunits, under a minute cpu time, are not fixed. We are unable to recreate this locally and need more information. This new build has more output to stderr that will help track this issue down. Therefore if you have a very short running workunit please post the stderr to this thread.
    Workunits that continue to run past 100% are not fixed. Again we are unable to recreate this issue locally but have added outpt to stderr to help track this one down so if you have a workunit that continues to run past 100% complete please post stderr.
    The invalid issue may imporove but is not completely fixed. There are changes to checkpointing but some issues remain that will still cause invalids for some types of workunits . We are able to recreate this issue locally so a complete fix should be coming soon.
    The OS X build has been modified to attempt to address this issue with MCM not running on OS X 10.5. Unfortunately we do not have access currently to a 10.5 machine so this will have to be verified in the beta.

Thanks,
    armstrdj
    Last edited by OldChap; 12-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the post OC. I'll try to get a few down. I think I'm only 4.5 days on Beta.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    i gots me some finally! i didnt get any of the previous betas

I GoT seven
    Last edited by NKrader; 12-10-2013 at 07:54 PM.