Thread: Need help looking for the right closed loop

Xtreme Addict

Question Need help looking for the right closed loop

Things didn't work out before and it was the wrong time to build, but now is a good time to start. Also my old PC died and I need to get one up and running soon. I was going to build it in January, but I think I'd like to try and start it this month if I can.

I've decided to go with a closed loop CPU cooler. I thought I had it figured out but I realized I definitely did not, so I'm starting over, taking a step back, and asking questions. I'm going to start with this topic and ask for help matching the right one to my needs. I've been looking around, checking out reviews, reading customer experiences (looking for trends and ignoring the rest), and now I think I know what questions I want to ask.

First I should mention that I haven't picked out a case yet, I've decided to find a case works well with what ever closed loop kit I end up getting since there are different sizes and space needed for the radiators

What would be the right closed loop cooler to moderately overclock a 4770K (>4Ghz?), that will just work? No optional or needed software and drivers, no extra kits needed to manage or control it, and no drama. I just want to set it up and let it do its thing. So obviously something automatic that just uses the motherboard's PWM right? I'm also wondering if there's one that would be right for me that I could use some better quality fans with? (I'd like to use some nice long life lower RPM Delta's if I can.) What do you guys think would be right for me? I'm hoping you guys can help me. Opinions on these things seem to be all over the place.

(I mean yeah, I'll keep an eye on it and make sure its not making any strange noises, watch the temps, blah blah. Someone told me there are guards you can put in place that will shut down the system if CPU cooling fails. I'll want to do that since pumps can fail. Later I might upgrade to a GPU cooler.)

Thanks you guys for anyway you can help me.

Right now I'm just exploring this option. I want to know what my best options are for my needs. I've heard of these things actually exploding in your case, failing, and being really loud.... so I'm kinda concerned about just how safe these things are too.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 12-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.