Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Mantle update...

Xtreme Mentor
    yes at that level %10 is amazing

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Hi guys... long time no posting anything hehe...

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...preview,1.html

Preview by Guru3D

Knows issues with the current Mantle driver build:

Now I am not too interested in the issues as they will be solved and this is a Beta driver, but it does tell the current state of what current product are actually supported, have a peek.

Press evaluation build: Installing AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta on top of an existing AMD Catalyst revision may cause a system hang. Ensure the provided installation instructions are utilized to avoid this issue.
    Intermittent stuttering or stability issues may occur when utilizing Mantle with AMD CrossFire technology in BattleField 4
    Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4 in future AMD Catalyst releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4 and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them.
    Multi-GPU support under DirectX and Mantle will be added to StarSwarm in a future application patch
    Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
    AMD Eyefinity configurations utilizing portrait display orientations are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™
    Graphics hardware in the AMD A10-7850K and A10-7700K may override the presence of a discrete GPU under the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4
    AMD testing for the AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta has been concentrated on the following products: AMD Radeon R9 290X, R9 290, R9 280, R9 270, R7 260X, R7 260, HD 7000 Series, HD 8000 Series, A10-7850K and A10-7700K. Future AMD Catalyst™ releases will include full test coverage for all AMD products supported by Mantle.

Concluding

This is an extremely short article as there is just so much to explore with mantle. It will remains to bee very simple though. On high-end PCs with a single graphics card you may see perf increase in the 10% area. On massively CPU limited situations like low/medium quality settings / low resolutions or even Multi-GPU setup, that's where the gain easily can get 30 even 40%. As such Mantle will benefit low-end and mainstream processor based PCs the most. But even at Enthusiast class, it will make a difference.

So would we use Mantle ? Sure .. any free gain is a plus in my book. On the next page a FAQ published by AMD to address some questions you guys might have.
    For what I'm seeing, the problem with CFX & other implementations in BF4, it's not problem of Mantle, but a problem on the game side itself... Maybe with Thief we will see a much complete view of how Mantle benefits the CPU & GPU in games (sorry if my english it's a little complicated to understand... spanish is my native language hehe)

Xtreme Member
    Looks like the stuttering issues they were talking about is causing spikes in frametime thus raising frametimes in a high-end scenario, although you can see an overall increase in Average FPS.
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/battlefi...log+(HCW+Feed)

I like what Guru3D is saying because I play BF4 MP with a mix of Med and High settings to get higher FPS and thus making myself CPU bound with my Crossfire setup...if they do optimize for 7000 series in the future then awesome...I will accept a free performance upgrade!
    Last edited by DefStar; 02-01-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Addict
    ROFL thanx all the way from Brissie.

I swear someone ought to limit his post word count to like 100 words.

that guy is becoming more annoying than Terrance123..... other than that his "larger than life, denser than a red star" posts.

now on something new, I think for those who have AMD cards to post mantle benchies with different configs once the 14.x drivers are out
    この世界には 人の運命を司る 何らかの超越的な 〝律〝...... 〝神の手〝が 存在するのだろうか? 少なくとも 人は 自らの意志さえ 自由にはできな

Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    ROFL thanx all the way from Brissie.

I swear someone ought to limit his post word count to like 100 words.

that guy is becoming more annoying than Terrance123..... other than that his "larger than life, denser than a red star" posts.

now on something new, I think for those who have AMD cards to post mantle benchies with different configs once the 14.x drivers are out
    I have an 2600K (stock right now... it's my gaming/mining cpu at this time... but can be overclocked to 4.5 ghz) + R9 270X Windforce OC 2Gb + Star Swarm Demo... I could post my results at stock & overclock once the driver is out, to see the diference (I only have Fraps to see the FPS on BF4... are other options to see frames or frametime available?)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    http://www.golem.de/news/amds-mantle...-104261-3.html

64 player benchmark. Also, 43% increase in min fps... holy crap. Need more data.

Last edited by blindbox; 02-01-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbox View Post
    http://www.golem.de/news/amds-mantle...-104261-3.html

64 player benchmark. Also, 43% increase in min fps... holy crap. Need more data.

But they are testing with low end AMD CPU hence these massive gains in Mantle .... You see! It's tested with AMD i7-3770K and that is .... not AMD CPU? /runs off before Tajoh111 come in
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    But they are testing with low end AMD CPU hence these massive gains in Mantle .... You see! It's tested with AMD i7-3770K and that is .... not AMD CPU? /runs off before Tajoh111 come in
    Lol, I almost wanted to rip your head off!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There's a bunch of Star Swarm videos on the net. Unfortunately, none on Mantle, yet, except for those by Oxide themselves. I would watch them myself but it seems like my drivers can't run it (probably needs 13.12 WHQL. Mine is 13.11 beta).. and I simply can't be bothered to update when the Mantle update is right around the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...week&lclk=week

They're nice to watch.

Xtreme Mentor
    go on guys. amd will not release drivers until we discuss all the possible things on mantle

Xtreme Mentor
    Why I can't download Mantle ? January is over now, no ?
    AMD seems to have a serious problems with communication/execution.
    Anyway ...

http://pclab.pl/art55953.html

Xtreme Enthusiast
    /\
    ||

Somewhat cherrypicked results, here are other ones:

And the one that interests me the most

Outstanding.

Where CPU isnt any bottleneck at all, theres little to some difference, when theres a signifcant amount, its night and day world of a diff
    It literally DOUBLES 7850K performance in heavy MP scenario, it turns this cpu from not recommended to recommended.
    And turns my aging 8350 from a dog with broken leg, to something that catches up to new haswells.But hey, im just waiting for somebody to tell ME that mantle "sucks" and "epic fail"
    Last edited by vario; 02-01-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Mentor
    even cherrypicked results are awesome. very good gains over directx.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    Why I can't download Mantle ? January is over now, no ?
    AMD seems to have a serious problems with communication/execution.
    Anyway ...
    Communication from AMD has been excellent over the last few days regarding Mantle.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How did they test multiplayer in pclab.pl? Did they ever mention it? The previous site I linked (the german site) said they got onto a boat, drove it to a bridge, average 5 runs, and throw out those that vary wildly (google translation might be sketchy). pclab.pl, nada.

Apparently drivers not out means bad communication to Olivon.
    Last edited by blindbox; 02-01-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Grammar, always.

Xtreme Mentor
    +1.5% in SP is quite deceptive.
    Hopefully, MP is much better with almost 24%
    Even if it' doesn't beat a 1200MHz 780 in this test in MP mode, the gain is really noticeable, even with an i7-4770K stock or oced.
    Last edited by Olivon; 02-01-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    +1.5% in SP is quite deceptive.
    Hopefully, MP is much better with almost 24%
    Even if it' doesn't beat a 1200MHz 780 in this test, the gain is really noticeable, even with an i7-4770K stock or oced.
    Dude, how is that even the smallest gain that you cherrypicked "deceptive" ? And of course the lower performing cpu you get the gain is goin to get bigger in SP too, so deceptive is calling it overall 1.5% gain, cos thats probably the smallest one you can get.
    Deceptive is the way you talk about the results in MP also.They range from 24% to a 100% gain in MP,and 70% for a FX 8350!.If you want to call exact results than say 24% gain using 4770K cpu.

What i see is that this thing, is gonna be HARD to benchmark, depending on the cpu/ram/gpu and a scene used in a game, it can probably vary between 0 and 100%
    Last edited by vario; 02-01-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Dude, how is that even the smallest gain that you cherrypicked "deceptive" ? And of course the lower performing cpu you get the gain is goin to get bigger in SP too, so deceptive is calling it overall 1.5% gain, cos thats probably the smallest one you can get.
    Deceptive is the way you talk about the results in MP also.They range from 24% to a 100% gain in MP,and 70% for a FX 8350!.If you want to call exact results than say 24% gain using 4770K cpu.
    I was talking about 4770-K because it represents the best choice for pairing a 290X class card.
    Even the i3-4330 got slightly better results than FX-8350 in this review.
    But I tend to agree with you about the difficulty to have accurate results in MP mode.
    Better move to do is to wait from other propers reviews to come.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Apparently you dont understand that what it means is that in mantle enabled titles it IS NOT a bad choice to pair up 83XX with 290X.It means exactly that i can buy 290 and still get very good results.When money is tight people can save money and get weaker CPU and put saved money towards a faster GPU.I was kinda on the fence about going haswell , but now, it may not be needed.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Apparently you dont understand that what it means is that in mantle enabled titles it IS NOT a bad choice to pair up 83XX with 290X.It means exactly that i can buy 290 and still get very good results.When money is tight people can save money and get weaker CPU and put saved money towards a faster GPU.I was kinda on the fence about going haswell , but now, it may not be needed.
    While that is true, it is only true with Mantle titles, like you mentioned.
    While Mantle seems to have a decent backing of titles rolling out over the next 6-12 months, all the games without Mantle support will be at a disadvantage with certain "slow" CPUs.
    Obviously this disadvantage can widely vary, from noticeable to not noticeable, and taking myself as an example of an adamant PC gamer a large backlog of games where a newer better performing CPU may not have a large affect on performance, it still needs to be accounted for.

It will be interesting to see what gains can be accomplished as Mantle matures in regards to pure highend GPU performance.
    Last edited by LordEC911; 02-01-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Mentor

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    While that is true, it is only true with Mantle titles, like you mentioned.
    While Mantle seems to have a decent backing of titles rolling out over the next 6-12 months, all the games without Mantle support will be at a disadvantage with certain "slow" CPUs.
    Obviously this disadvantage can widely vary, from noticeable to not noticeable, and taking myself as an example of an adamant PC gamer a large backlog of games where a newer better performing CPU may not have a large affect on performance, it still needs to be accounted for.

It will be interesting to see what gains can be accomplished as Mantle matures in regards to pure highend GPU performance.
    I agree fully, its not like im recommending people to build brand new Am3+ systems.But considering not every title (in reality most of them) are really that much cpu limited,and there seems to be considerable mantle backing it all looks good to owners of Phenoms X6 ,FXes, first nehalems core2quads etc.
    Its just that Olivon seems to be putting things into worst perspective possible, not everyone owns 4770K or IVY-E! And people who do, can have fantastic CF scaling!
    You cant argue with worst case scenario as if this was applying to everyone.
    One thing is sure, mantle has big potential.

Xtreme Mentor
    We are on Xtremesystems dude.
    If you can buy a 600$ card, 100$ more on the CPU is not really a problem.
    Don't forget, it's just the debut of Mantle, with only one game (almost) available.
    I dunno for you, but I don't buy a CPU or GPU for only one (buggy) game.

edit :

With Mantle activated, the i5-4570 do better than the FX-8350 oced to 5GHz.
    If you count the cost for competitive cooling + strong power supply and motherboard + energy cost, FX-8350 is not really attractive according to this review's numbers.

edit 2 : AbortRetryFail?, Thanks for your constructive comment. Always appreciated on XS newz section those days.
    Last edited by Olivon; 02-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Taj ?
    Is that you ??

All I gots to say: Yah can't beat free.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast