Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA Shows-Off G-SYNC Technology on Starcraft at BlizzCon 2013 Read more at http://

Xtreme Enthusiast

NVIDIA Shows-Off G-SYNC Technology on Starcraft at BlizzCon 2013 Read more at http://

Well here we go, one monitor I'm not going to spend any extra money on, since it's going to be useless for my gaming. On the other hand no big deal since I prefer not to use much even VSing

NVIDIA was showing off their brand-new G-SYNC technology this weekend at BlizzCon 2013. G-SYNC is a technology for gaming monitors to alleviate screen tearing and VSync input lag, and enhances the capabilities of existing monitor panels, resulting in the. In the past, NVIDIA has only featured G-SYNC running as a demo in Tomb Raider. At BlizzCon 2013, NVIDIA had G-SYNC set up on ASUS VG248QE monitors running Starcraft with a side-by-side a monitor that had V-Sync enabled on one and not the other. In person, you could definitely tell that the NVIDIA G-SYNC was making the real gameplay video smoother.
    Read more and pictures at LegitReviews
    Core i7-4930K LGA 2011 Six-Core - Cooler Master Seidon 120XL ? Push-Pull Liquid Water
    ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA2011 - G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
    Sapphire R9 290X 4GB TRI-X OC in CrossFire - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
    Intel X25-M 160GB G2 SSD - WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6
    Corsair HX1000W PSU - Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R
    Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
    Sennheiser RS 180 - Cooler Master Cosmos S Case

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
    Well here we go, one monitor I'm not going to spend any extra money on, since it's going to be useless for my gaming. On the other hand no big deal since I prefer not to use much even VSing

Read more and pictures at LegitReviews

Why is it useless for your gaming? I'm not sure if they will come out with a kit for my monitor later on (an Asus VG278H), but if they do, I will get it.
    Asus Z87 Deluxe, 4770K,Noctua NH-D14, Crucial 16 GB DDR3-1600, Geforce Titan, ASUS DRW-24B3ST, Crucial M500 960GB, Crucial M4 256GB, 3 X Seagate 4TB, Lamptron FC5 V2 Fancontroller, Noctua Casefans, Antec P183 Black, Asus Essence STX, Corsair AX860i, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, Win7 Home Pro 64 bit + Win 8.1 Home 64 bit Dual boot, ASUS VG278H

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nossy23 View Post
    Why is it useless for your gaming? I'm not sure if they will come out with a kit for my monitor later on (an Asus VG278H), but if they do, I will get it.
    I don't think it will work with a amd card
    and like physx as long as it is proprietary I don't see it going anywhere
    and i'm not going to hack the thing into a 1600p screen or down grade to a crap TN screen

Xtreme Cruncher
    It did make the game look better, but it wasn't as impressive as it will be in other instances since starcraft is frame capped (and thats per the Nvidia rep at the booth). Not sure why the didn't use wow to be honest, but that's who knows.

The pendulum demo was impressive though. Night and day. If it works the same way in most games, it truly is a game changer.
    Last edited by xVeinx; 11-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    news delivered by fanboy...

Have some decency, some impartiality at least heinz...
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Mentor
    At least i believe that we should not include our opinions in the first post of the news section.

EDIT: Maybe not the opinions but some sharp ideas.
    Last edited by kromosto; 11-11-2013 at 03:57 AM.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    At least i believe that we should not include our opinions in the first post of the news section.

EDIT: Maybe not the opinions but some sharp ideas.
    It has nothing to do with opinion, it's a fact that the G-SYNC is going to be useless for my gaming with AMD cards, therefore i sure am not going to pay any extra for a monitor that restricts me to buy cards only from one vendor.

Furthermore I wonder how are the monitors going to be marketed, is it going to be clearly advertized the G-Sync only works on Nvidia cards or is it going to be hidden in some small print.
    Last edited by Heinz68; 11-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Core i7-4930K LGA 2011 Six-Core - Cooler Master Seidon 120XL ? Push-Pull Liquid Water
    ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA2011 - G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866

Xtreme Member
    yeah, cause tearing is such an issue in RTS games : \
    3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H | 7970 Ghz 1100/6000 | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Win 7) | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (OSX 10.8.3) | 16GB Vengeance 1600 | 24'' Dell U2412M | Corsair Carbide 300R

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    It has nothing to do with opinion, it's a fact that the G-SYNC is going to be useless for my gaming with AMD cards, therefore i sure am not going to pay any extra for a monitor that restricts me to buy cards only from one vendor.

Furthermore I wonder how are the monitors going to be marketed, is it going to be clearly advertized the G-Sing only works on Nvidia cards or is it going to be hidden in some small print.
    Instead of trash-talking the "adversaries" have you thought about pushing the other camp ( cough cough, AMD ) to work on their own "G-Sync" or perhaps push them towards supporting it ? ( all I see is an opening for an exchange between G-Sync & Mantle )...

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Instead of trash-talking the "adversaries" have you thought about pushing the other camp ( cough cough, AMD ) to work on their own "G-Sync" or perhaps push them towards supporting it ? ( all I see is an opening for an exchange between G-Sync & Mantle )...
    It was not about trash talking, it's about facts. Do you really believe the vendors care about producing 2 kinds of monitors, one for Nvidia users and one for AMD users? I'm almost sure the monitor vendors are not doing this foe Nvidia for free, the main reason for the restriction.

As for Mantle it does not cost any extra money, beside that we don't know much about it, but if it's any good i wish Nvidia can also use it.

Strange you can only see trash talk in my post and don't care about my concerns?
    Last edited by Heinz68; 11-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I am not what you are saying.

News is about gsynch event at blizzconn. So saying gsynch is not good at the first comment sounds not right for me. This is just my thoughts of course.

Sent from my SM-N9000Q using Tapatalk

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    I am not what you are saying.

News is about gsynch event at blizzconn. So saying gsynch is not good at the first comment sounds not right for me. This is just my thoughts of course.

Sent from my SM-N9000Q using Tapatalk
    Can you please read again, I said it's not good for me, I sure have no idea how good it's for nvidia gaming so why would i say so.

Edit
    Plus maybe the AMD cards do not need it as much. J/K LOL
    Last edited by Heinz68; 11-11-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Yet another thread down the toilet, in record time.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yet another thread down the toilet, in record time.
    Why down the toilet, can you explain.

Xtreme Member
    because of you Hainz, go to work, or got to live instead of AMD masturbation in all threads

Xtreme Addict
    Why down the toilet, can you explain.
    No real need... ^^

Whatever.
    I just wish asus would support more then one monitor, I'm assuming it's the 24in 1ms variant they're supporting.
    24in is to small to justify spending a premium for these days in my mind.

If they had a addon board for my monitor for sale I'de buy it, the VG278HE.

Though the future is in 8/10 bit, 4k, multi viewing angle non glasses 3d.
    Elimination flicker and other odds and ends is a job that needs to be done eventually.
    Sooner the better, and maybe there will be a slight speed/latency benefit to it who knows...

If you don't care about certain types of technology like 3d for example then whatever, but for those of us that do this is something we might want.
    Regardless, anyways, I think g-sync might be cool.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    It was not about trash talking, it's about facts. Do you really believe the vendors care about producing 2 kinds of monitors, one for Nvidia users and one for AMD users? I'm almost sure the monitor vendors are not doing this foe Nvidia for free, the main reason for the restriction.

As for Mantle it does not cost any extra money, beside that we don't know much about it, but if it's any good i wish Nvidia can also use it.

Strange you can only see trash talk in my post and don't care about my concerns?
    Can you please read again, I said it's not good for me, I sure have no idea how good it's for nvidia gaming so why would i say so.

Edit
    Plus maybe the AMD cards do not need it as much. J/K LOL
    He read it just fine.

You're starting the news show saying "Ferrari is crap for me. In other news, Ferrari showed off their new sportscar in Milano...".

I haven't seen any news thread starting with such an "attitude" for another product/company in here, not even for that silly metal on metal rotating heatsink...

It's of no use to you ? Perhaps.
    Perhaps not.
    Unless you are a dedicated AMD Radeon guy and you won't be buying any nVIDIA cards at all, never ever.

It's a news thread, not your blog.
    If you're so anxious to get your thoughts out leave it for another thread, or at least for the end, after the news quote.

A G-Sync monitor will work with an AMD card, only G-Sync won't be in effect.

That can change if AMD approaches nVIDIA and licenses G-Sync or whatever.
    Perhaps if it proves profitable, AMD could/would/should come up with a similar product.

Both G-Sync and Mantle "cost" more than a plain monitor/non-Mantle game.
    G-Sync costs you as a consumer on the monitor's price, Mantle costs on the developers for added programming time ( compared to a plain DX/OGL game ).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    He read it just fine.

You're starting the news show saying "Ferrari is crap for me. In other news, Ferrari showed off their new sportscar in Milano...".

I haven't seen any news thread starting with such an "attitude" for another product/company in here, not even for that silly metal on metal rotating heatsink...

It's of no use to you ? Perhaps.
    Perhaps not.
    Unless you are a dedicated AMD Radeon guy and you won't be buying any nVIDIA cards at all, never ever.

It's a news thread, not your blog.
    If you're so anxious to get your thoughts out leave it for another thread, or at least for the end, after the news quote.

That can change if AMD approaches nVIDIA and licenses G-Sync or whatever.
    Perhaps if it proves profitable, AMD could/would/should come up with a similar product.

Both G-Sync and Mantle "cost" more than a plain monitor/non-Mantle game.
    G-Sync costs you as a consumer on the monitor's price, Mantle costs on the developers for added programming time ( compared to a plain DX/OGL game ).
    First please I did not talk about any crap, I just said the G-Sync is not good for me, the reason is it does not work on AMD cards. How many more times I need to explain it.

Now you say;
    I said i don't want to pay premium prize for a monitor that support only one vendor, why should I. Would you if you can't use the option you pay extra money for? Maybe you're more generous than me.

About Ferrari anybody can buy it who can afford it and works the same for everybody. So there is not comparison.

And I already said what I think about Mantle, I mean the less proprietary function in the gaming we have the better and I'm not absolutely sure AMD started it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    HERE SHORT VIDEO

Xtreme Addict
    We'll just have to let the market decide .
    You can shop around you know, there is more then one variant of the same 1ms 24in tn panel...
    You don't have to buy one with that feature/pcb in it.
    Get whatever you want, you decide.

But please stop with the fighting stuff.
    Your opinion is noted, and it's understandable.
    But it's not everyone's opinion, by saying it's useless to you is fine, all good, you honestly made your point already :\.

Amd fanboy or not I don't care lol.
    Enough is enough.

My opinion, I don't care if it's proprietary or not.
    If it works, then I'm cool with it.
    Tech industry politics and history aside.
    Sometimes proprietary sets the standard, ibm comes to mind in that respect and for good reason.

It's funny that we argue about these things, red or green, pick a side or don't, but show some respect, don't be so narrow minded.

And one more thing I wanna say now that I think about it.
    Why not use vsync when you have any sort of flat panel?
    I never had much luck when it came to tubes, but never had any issues with vsync on flat panels.
    The speed issues attributed with it are minor in my opinion.
    Quality over performance to a certain point you know...?
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 11-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you and I'm very very sorry, if somebody believes I started any fighting, I just thought there was a need to explain myself, since some people probably did not understand my broken English. And some replies I thought was actually best to ignore.

Aussie God
    Woah, thats the worst composed news I've read on XS this year!
    Im 100% wiyh benchzowner on this one
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you and I'm very very sorry, if somebody believes I started any fighting, I just thought there was a need to explain myself, since some people probably did not understand my broken English. And some replies I thought was actually best to ignore.
    If you have a strong opinion on a particular piece of news it might be best to post the news and at the end of the post put a disclaimer (ps for example) stating your dislike/dissapointment for it. That way you don't come across as someone with a very biased agenda. Not having a go at you, just offering a little advice from someone who controls my opinion with every post.

As of yet we do not know what would stop AMD from accessing G-Sync, if it's a hardware or software limitation or just a matter of licensing it. I myself do not know so am not going to pass judgement against either company until I do.

Xtreme Addict
    This is a nice example of a thread derail.

Plus, its G-Sync FFS, not gsing or gsynch...
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Member
    Really interested in this, especially now people on team liquid have confirmed its "game changing".

But unless they confirm it for the 27" 144hz panel, theres just no way i can go back to 24", its disgusting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast