Thread: HWBOT Announces Fifth Edition of Country Cup, 2013 Edition Starts November 1

I am Xtreme

HWBOT Announces Fifth Edition of Country Cup, 2013 Edition Starts November 1

A heads-up for those who are planning to join in!

Just like any other year since 2009, HWBOT is hosting what our members refer to as the World Cup of Overclocking. This year, we celebrate the five-year anniversary of the Country Cup. The HWBOT Country Cup 2013 commences on November 1, and runs all the way until the end of December. In this period of two months, we are looking for the successor of last year?s victors, Greece.

As the Country Cup tradition prescribes, overclockers settle the competition across different stages. This year there are eight stages, each having their own hardware restrictions and unique point algorithm. In each stage, the national overclocking teams must compete for the best average result. The average is based on a specific part of the hardware configuration, and a pre-defined amount of required scores. The participating countries are ranked first by the amount of scores that contribute to the average, and then by the average itself. This means that it is primarily important to have enough scores to complete the average score.

The mission for the Country Cup is the same as last year. Find your peers, engage your compatriots, and cooperate for your country?s honor and glory!

The competition page is being prepared as I am writing this announcement. It will appear live soon! The stage information we can already provide, though ?
    • Stage 1, Nov 1 - Dec 27, 3DMark 11 Performance Full Out: For this stage, all hardware is allowed. Per country, one score is required. The winner of the stage acquires 50 points.
    • Stage 2, Nov 1 - Dec 23, Cloud Gate 1xGPU (i7+NV): for this stage only Core i7 CPUs are allowed. The following video cards are allowed: GTX 670, GTX 570, and GTX 470. Per country three scores are required, one with each GPU. The winner of the stage acquires 40 points.
    • Stage 3, Nov 1 - Dec 23, Vantage Dual GPU (i5+AMD/ATI): for this stage only Core i5 CPUs are allowed. The following video cards families are allowed: Radeon HD 6000, Radeon HD 5000, and Radeon HD 4000. Per country three scores are required, one with each GPU family. The winner of the stage acquires 40 points.
    • Stage 4, Nov 1 - Dec 23, HWBOT Prime (i3/Pentium): For this stage, only Core i3 or Pentium CPUs are allowed. There is no restriction on the GPU. Per country, three scores are required, each with a unique CPU core. The winner of the stage acquires 40 points.
    • Stage 5, Nov 1 - Dec 19, Aquamark (AMD FX): For this stage, only AMD FX CPUs are allowed. There is no restriction on the GPU. Per country, five scores are required, each with a unique CPU core. The winner of the stage acquires 30 points.
    • Stage 6, Nov 1 - Dec 19, Catzilla 576P (AMD APU): for this stage only AMD APUs are allowed. You may only use the onboard APU. Per country, five scores are required, each with a unique GPU core. The winner of the stage acquires 30 points.
    • Stage 7, Nov 1 - Dec 19, 3DMark03 (legacy): For this stage, there is no restriction on either CPU or GPU. Per country, five scores are required, each with a unique GPU socket. The winner of the stage acquires 30 points.
    • Stage 8, Nov 1 - Dec 15, SuperPI 32M Low Clock Challenge: For this stage, there is no restriction on either CPU or GPU. The CPU frequency is capped at 4000.01 MHz. Per country seven scores are required, each with a unique CPU socket. The winner of the stage acquires 20 points.

There's also a bunch of prizes, including some nicely binned kits from GSKILL! More info:

Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.