Thread: Lian Li x2000 watercooling

Lian Li x2000 watercooling

Hi how are u? i want ask if the lian li x2000 fit on the radiator of 3x 140mm inside of the case. Or i need do modding?

Hi atistatic,

The PC-X2000 does not fit 3 x 140mm radiators stock. This is because the spacing in-between the fans. With some modification this can be fixed. Also, the space between bottom plate (above the hard drive) and the bottom fan is narrow with only about 40mm of spacing. This could be easily modified too.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Hi atistatic,

The PC-X2000 does not fit 3 x 140mm radiators stock. This is because the spacing in-between the fans. With some modification this can be fixed. Also, the space between bottom plate (above the hard drive) and the bottom fan is narrow with only about 40mm of spacing. This could be easily modified too.
    what about Corsair H110 ?

Because of the spacing between the fans in the PC-X2000 the H110 does not fit in the front stock. By modifying the spacing between the fans slightly the H110 as well as most other 240mm radiators would fit.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not sure if you could fit 3x140mm, I had to go with 2x140mm in mine !

Xtreme Member
    I have this case and also wondered, I measured everything and without cutting the case you won't be able to fit a 3x140mm radiator in the front for three reasons.

1. The bottom plate above the Hard Drive bays intersects where the bottom 140mm fan at the front is. It barely has enough spacing for a 140mm fan to fit, a radiator + fan will not fit here.

2. The fan mounting holes are not spaced far enough apart for a radiator so instead of screwing the radiator in at 12 points you'd only be able to screw it in at 4 points. This makes mounting fans more difficult if you wanted them between the radiator and the case.

3. The top and bottom of the radiator will be fouled by the top section (where the fan controller, 3.5" and 5.25" bays are) and at the bottom by the separator above the hard drive bays. This means you wont be able to actually get the radiator in without cutting something.

In my case I ended up going with a 280mm radiator at the front and a 140mm radiator at the back. This "worked" but it looked god awful and made the inside look very messy. It becomes incredibly tight to work inside the case with this setup. I later abandoned these inside radiators and went with a single 1080mm external radiator and use the watercooling holes provided at the back of the case.

Honestly this case.. it's beautiful externally, really stunning. Especially with the W2000 side window. But internally it has so many problems, no cable routing of any kind, an inaccessible cavity at the top back due to the PSU blocking off the section and almost no way to watercool it.

So in short, it can be watercooled but if you want to use the radiator you want, be prepared to cut and bodge.