Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (A little first impression review)

Threaded View

Xtreme Mentor

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (A little first impression review)

Got my note 3 yesterday. I will try to make a little review of my first impression about the device with no specific details just my general opinions (sm-n9000q for Turkey - Exynos version).

First of the look. It is much better then my note 1 and note 2. Love the design and the leather texture at the back cover. Sides are good too. If you don't inspect it carefully, it looks like metal. Handling is easy. It is a little narrow then note1 but much more easy to hold maybe because of the side grips.

Big advantages of the device are its big full hd screen and multitasking abilities. I have been using multiwindow thing a lot with my note 1 but with the powerful hardware and the new feature pen window it is much better now in note 3. And the full hd screen is great but this opinion is coming from a note 1 user.

Altough i read about lag in device on some internet reviews never encountered one, it runs fluid and responsiveness is very very good imo. Also pen applications are more usable in real life then note1. Still note is away from fully replacing a notepad but it has all the ability of a scratchpad. Scrapbook is very very good, i start using it instantly. Also i love how they make it easy to share things over chaton.

Camera is awesome unless you are trying to take shoot at dark. Many users are complaining about external speaker but i am not an expert on that area so again imo it is better then note1 but i can not say anything if we compare it no htc one or iphone or etc.

As for the bad side first thing for everybody is knox. i am not much fan of cyanogen or aosp or other custom build roms but rooting voids the warranty is very stupid. while i am a private user of the phone i will not use knox in any means but will have it's restrictions . Although they said every note3 will come with knox and again although i have knox software on my device, it does not show knox status in the download mode but i am sure they will install a new bootloader in the next update which will fix this... for them!!!. And the second bad thing about the device is samsung released note 3 without testing the software enough. We see stupid mistakes like handwriting recognition is not working in keyboard after 29 sep because someone forgot to remove that limitation or other little or big mistakes. We are still using a beta firmware on this device. Samsung tries to fix everything as fast as possible so i can't argue their afford on fixing side but they should have tested it better.

Conclusion: device is way better then i expected. in note 1 i used s-pen for showing my friends what note 1 is capable of but i believe i will use note 3's s-pen and it's features more oftenly for real.
    Last edited by kromosto; 10-10-2013 at 11:41 PM.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.