Thread: How do I setup my loop fans and pump to adjust automatically based on CPU temp?

How do I setup my loop fans and pump to adjust automatically based on CPU temp?

My current order list is 2 Yate Loon D12SH's 120 mm with an XSPC AX240 and my pump is a MCP655-PWM with the Monsoon Series 2 D5 Dual bay reservoir, I am using the XSPC RayStorm CPU block.

I am only cooling the CPU with this and may add GPU later.

I am not sure what I need to do to kinda make this an autonomous setup that will slowdown or speed up based on CPU temp.

What do I need to add, subtract, change to this to make that happen?

Thanks,
    Chris

I am Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    That site is a gold mine!!! Thank you!!! Jackpot http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/04/...m-rheosmart-3/

Ω
    I have that exact fan controller in one of my builds, it is quality.
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah I didn't like the rheosmart to be honest, it wasn't dipping the fans as low in rpm as I'd like. I'm planning to try the Aquaero next.

Xtreme Member
    Unless I'm mistaken, you might be better served adjusting your fan speeds to the water temperature instead of the CPU temp. I have an mCubed BigNG in my PC that's been chugging along for 3 years happily, a little pricier than the rheosmart though.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by randomhro View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, you might be better served adjusting your fan speeds to the water temperature instead of the CPU temp. I have an mCubed BigNG in my PC that's been chugging along for 3 years happily, a little pricier than the rheosmart though.
    Its software hasn't been updated in nearly 10 years. Definitely can not suggest this. PWM is pretty cool but it has made every fan I've ever used on it sound awful. I have an OG T-Balancer and a BigNG unused because of the crappy software. I only use the MiniNG.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Its software hasn't been updated in nearly 10 years. Definitely can not suggest this. PWM is pretty cool but it has made every fan I've ever used on it sound awful. I have an OG T-Balancer and a BigNG unused because of the crappy software. I only use the MiniNG.
    Agreed, the software is horrible. Once you get it set though you never have to touch it again unless you're just tweaking it. The biggest problems I've had with it over the years are more driver related issues though. It does work like a champ once it's setup properly though.