Thread: Anyone having invalid zipcode errors with paypal?

Xtreme Addict

Anyone having invalid zipcode errors with paypal?

Like the title says, paypal has decided to mess with me yet again, man I hate paypal with a freakin passion...

I'm trying to add a different credit card and it keeps saying my zip code is invalid.
    It's driving me nuts because I wanna buy something off ebay asap.

Screwed up thing is the address is already in the account and shown as verified but when I go through the add credit card form it says invalid.

And of course they aren't answering my emails! :\

Xtreme Addict
    I just figured I should finish off this thread.

They never did email me back and eventually I had to call paypal up to fix another issue with an ebay purchase not going through.

Anyways the fix ended up being that i needed to goto my addresses page, set the alt address(billing addy) as my home address.
    Then on the add credit card page, as long as I didn't go and click on the change address button it would add the card just fine, well mostly.
    1st time it didn't work like that but the 2nd time it did lol.

Then after adding the card, I went back to the addresses and changed it back to my real home address (shipping addy).

The whole prob I assume came from the card not verifying right with my shipping address attached to it, duh no kidding :\.
    I figured that, but at the time it would not take the other address.

It was just a real pain in the royal bum that what it was.
    But in the end it worked out.

One prob I also ran into is that newegg would take either one of the 2 credit cards, and paypal would only take the other 1 :\.
    I bought myself another 680 lightning to pair up, and I went to go pay for it, and paypal failed.
    That freaked me out, when I buy things off ebay I pay immediately.
    And when that couldn't be done I was like oh wth no! no! no!... lol.

Anyways at least my paypal is working again.
    They can be such a pain in the butt, last couple of years its been this way, more hassle then its worth to be honest.
    But some places, like ebay for example, paypal is the only way to buy things.

So anyways, if anyone here runs into such a prob, goto you addresses page, add a 2nd adress and set it to your home address.
    Then it will auto select that address when you goto add a new card, don't fool with it in that stage, just get the card added.
    Then after its done you can change your home address back to normal.

One odd thing though, there is no way of adding a different name to the alt address and the card its self.
    But it still works for some cards, some cards may freak if they receive info with the wrong name on the card.