Thread: HWBOT Revision 6: Series and Divisions, OC Competitions.

I am Xtreme

HWBOT Revision 6: Series and Divisions, OC Competitions.

Hey XS,

Attentive forum viewers may have seen the revision 6 sub-forum (at HWBOT) around for a while, but never a thread. That changes today. As tradition dictates, every year at the end of the year we plan a new revision. This is not any different in 2013. We planned, and have already begun development of the sixth revision of HWBOT for a couple of months now. Starting from the original ideas, to discussing with key partners and community members, to precisely writing down the things we want to do, to composing this thread. We are still a couple of months away from production-ready code, but the development has advanced far enough to initiate the public discussion.

The Plan - Intro.

First - everything you see and know today at HWBOT remains as it is. There are no changes to the points, no changes to the leagues, and apart from a couple of minor visual enhancements no changes to the interface. The Overclockers League, Enthusiast League, Teams League, Hardware Masters, and others will continue to exist in its current form and place on the site.

In 2014, next year, we will release a new overclocking competition format at HWBOT. In broad terms, you could say we apply the same ideas of the Pro OC change to the Overclockers League. However, of course, there are a couple of differences. Based on the data we gather on competition activity as well as the tripled traffic ratings of the Pro OC pages, we will take the foundations of the Overclockers League and apply them to a Round-based competition structure suited for all amateur overclockers.

Those who browsed for coverage of the ASRock overclocking event in Guangzhou, China will have probably seen this picture pop up. In a presentation for a couple of extreme overclockers from China, we announced the plans for next year already.

So what is the deal?

The Plan - Real deal.

Next year introduce a season based competition series called "Challenger Series.? The series consist of seven divisions. Each division has its own hardware requirements. Each season lasts for exactly three rounds of 3 months, and each round consists of five stages. Overclockers compete on their own, not in teams as in Pro OC. Of course, we will keep track of how well team's members are doing across the various divisions.

As said, the divisions differentiate by hardware requirements. As you can see in the above picture, the hardware for each division is very different. Division 1 obviously requires the most high-end hardware components to compete for the #1 spot. The lower you go in division, the lower the cost of the hardware. We have two leagues specifically for the AMD users, and even one dedicated to legacy hardware. The hardware requirements are fixed per round, meaning at the beginning of each round you will know exactly what hardware is eligible for competition. With new hardware releases, the requirements may change in between rounds. However, the competition in the rounds is unaffected by new hardware.

A season consists of three rounds of each five stages. That equals to fifteen stages. Each round will feature different benchmarks, so the competition emphasis might changes from 2D to 3D and back in between rounds. At the end of a season, the winner is the overclocker who has gathered the most points across the fifteen stages. He will be crowned division champion, and will be marked as such in his user profile.

It is possible to change divisions every round. However, it is not possible to join or leave a division if a round is on going. Similar to the Pro OC, you need to register up front to compete in a specific division. If you switch divisions during a season, you are ranked in the last division you were active in at the end of the season. In other words, it is not possible to be ranked in two divisions at the same time.

The Plan - Outro.

We are currently in the process of developing this new competition structure. We start this thread to inform the community of the plans, and initiate a first public discussion about the concept and maybe the division requirements. As development progresses, we will keep you updated on the whys and how?s of the new competition series. We will explain the exact motives of this new competition format, which include our mission to make overclocking affordable and for everyone. Not everything is set in stone; feedback regarding the timeframe, length, hardware requirements, benchmarks, and more is of course very welcome.

To end with, two slides of the presentation we did last month.

Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

good idea I think
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Good to see Hwbot it is overcoming each year.

Introducing OC-ESPORTS.io Beta - The Next Generation Platform for Competitive Overclocking

After months of preparation and hard work, the HWBOT team is incredibly happy to finally introduce OC-ESPORTS.io, a completely new platform for competitive overclocking. Better known under its working title of Revision6 (or #revision6 for the social media adepts), this new platform focuses completely on the competitive side of overclocking. With our in-house competition structure known as Road To Pro, we create a divisional structure where any type of overclocker can find a place to compete and excel. The platform allows for partners to set up their own competition series too and combining the Road To Pro, the online and live competitions we build a Global Seasonal Leaderboard for competitive overclocking. Without further ado, let’s have a look at some of the main features!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.