Thread: Quality problem with Q03

Xtreme Member

Quality problem with Q03

The power switch works erratically and doesn?t always click, so you don?t know if it turned on until you hear fan noise. On closer examination, the switch?s pc-board looks partially melted around the solder points, photo attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8014_result.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	131381

Also, the left-side cover fits very poorly, photos attached. The case is very straight, I put it on a flat surface and there is no wobble. But the cover seems to have a slight bend on one end.

Name:	IMG_8079_result.JPG 
Views:	296 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	131382
    left-side poor fit

Name:	IMG_8080_result.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	131383
    right-side ok

I didn?t notice the problem until after the PC was fully assembled, so I?m reluctant to return it because the next one might have the same problem. Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by cab View Post
    The power switch works erratically and doesn?t always click, so you don?t know if it turned on until you hear fan noise. On closer examination, the switch?s pc-board looks partially melted around the solder points, photo attached.

Name:	IMG_8014_result.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	131381

Also, the left-side cover fits very poorly, photos attached. The case is very straight, I put it on a flat surface and there is no wobble. But the cover seems to have a slight bend on one end.

Name:	IMG_8079_result.JPG 
Views:	296 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	131382
    left-side poor fit

Name:	IMG_8080_result.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	131383
    right-side ok

I didn?t notice the problem until after the PC was fully assembled, so I?m reluctant to return it because the next one might have the same problem. Can you help?
    Hi Cab,

Did you just purchase this? Please fill out our RMA form here - http://www.lian-li.com/en/rma/

Someone is awaiting your message.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Xtreme Member
    OK, form done. If it helps, I can send you full-size photos by email. BTW, the design is a masterpiece, especially the mobo plate. Kindest regards.

Xtreme Member
    Also, I have a question for you. Does the 2.5" HD cage from the PC-Q09FN fit the Q03? If so, we'd like the purchase 4 of these. I'd be happy to order directly by email because these are not available at retail. Thank you.

Also, I have a question for you. Does the 2.5" HD cage from the PC-Q09FN fit the Q03? If so, we'd like the purchase 4 of these. I'd be happy to order directly by email because these are not available at retail. Thank you.
    The cages can fit in the PC-Q03 as long as an expansion card is not used. If you want to order them, please do fill out this form here. (Sorry to make you fill out so many forms, but it ends up being the most efficient way)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    The cages can fit in the PC-Q03 as long as an expansion card is not used. If you want to order them, please do fill out this form here. (Sorry to make you fill out so many forms, but it ends up being the most efficient way)
    Thank you. I placed an order for 4 of these, through your online form. However, I have no response on this OR my previous message regarding the above mentioned defective parts.

Thank you. I placed an order for 4 of these, through your online form. However, I have no response on this OR my previous message regarding the above mentioned defective parts.
    I'll look into it for you.