Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parvum Systems Project Magnus

Xtreme Member

Parvum Systems Project Magnus

Project:
    Magnus
    by: Parvum Systems

Sponsors/Support:

Hello ladies and gentleman. It's that time!

We are back! A very exciting time indeed! We have been working hard in the warehouse trying to get on top of stock and orders for Parvum cases! However in our evenings and our own spare time we have done our very best to work on a new project.

A quick word about the sponsors. As with all of these builds they are not the most traditional where you simply do a build and get sponsor stuff in exchange for finishing the build. All parts that we have been lucky to get for this build are 90% trade items. So to say... you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. We have done custom case work for pretty much all of the companies who have supported this project and intend to do much more.

This project will be the first ever full size Parvum Systems case. It will feature a full size ATX board and multiple GPUs. Please understand the purpose of this is to also act as a working prototype.
    This won't be the end user 'retail' tower but a lot of the techniques we use and features seen here will be in the final product. Also understand any feedback, criticism & ideas received here will be taken on board. The whole point is to make our cases as perfect as we can!

A little break down of what we already know for the build; Understand it is overkill. This is the one time we are going to go crazy... all the hardware, all the watercooling.. a really powerful build:

• 5 X 240mm Radiators
    • 1 x 360mm Radiators
    • 18 x 120mm Fans
    • 1 x Haswell GPU
    • 1 X 4 Way SLI Motherboard
    • 4 X GPUs
    • 3 X D5 Pumps
    • 8 X SSD
    • 3 X 3TB Storage drives
    • 1 X SATA 3 Raid card

Our personal building style doesn't really favor much from rendering, if we do use them its more to ensure we've not screwed up with a length of a panel or a screw hole here or there. So I do have a render but this is a lose idea of the build. Something for you to see to give you an idea.
    We never sketchup the hardware or the loop. These things come to us when the builds actually in front of us.

The one thing that is a certainty is the almost 500mm of clear acrylic tubing that will be mounted into the front panel system of the case. Should be a nice little feature!

Here are a couple of quick renders to give you an idea of the over all look/feel:

To give you an idea of our previous work. See two photos; Project ITX & Onwards and upwards. mATX for the bigger case, ITX for the smaller. This should give you a good idea of our overall build style and give you an idea of what to expect but on a much larger scale:

Over the last couple of months we have been tweaking the design. Finally we are happy to a stage where some can be cut:

So before I show you the initial panels... we have been very lucky here at Parvum Systems. I suppose a combination of dedication & support from all you guys has led to this! On the 17th of this month we had an extremely awesome CNC system installed. We had a couple of days training as standard with the machine and got on really well with the technician. Was a great couple of days and we pretty much got straight to optimizing Parvum case cutting. Even made a new friend !

Here are a couple of shots of the installation and cutting of the first panels for this case:

So to show you a little bit of the cutting for today. The first BIG mid wall! Was fun to bend it, had to make a slightly bigger jig. Pretty standard here just more standoffs and more size!

We changed the 24pin & 8pin EPS to small drilled holes for neater cable management. We also changed the hole placement for things like Sata cables to be 50% under the motherboard. Again to keep it all nice and tidy. We actually used a photo template of the board to ensure everything is in the exact place before the we physically had the motherboard:

[IMG]http://cartel.parvumsystems.com/pl/magnus/25.jpg[/IMG

Basically just wanted to just get this project log up and online. We have actually cut 75% of the panels so we will assemble after work tonight or tomorrow and get the initial assembly photos online in the next update! We will start to filter in some of the parts & hardware provided by our sponsors and show you some more of the plans ASAP.

Thanks again everyone. Hope this one will be a great project for us to enjoy together! As always if you have any questions... want to know a little more about something or what something is just ask.

Justin, Shaun..

Parvum Systems!

Xtreme Member

Case assembly

Sponsors/Support:

Assembling the first of the panels:

Back once again (for the renegade master)... for another update. Not sure why I posted these lyrics, but it is the weekend now! Almost...

Apologize here for my writing style and for how many exclamation marks I use. I suppose I get a bit carried away some times.

First then we assemble the front part of the case. This is made up of 3 x 5mm thick layers. White first, then frosted followed by black. Really wanted to use the frosted on top of white after our ROG ITX build. Also the primary reason for this was to give us enough thickness to inlay the 12mm acrylic tubing:

Really happy with the new 'squarer' detailing used for the USB 3 header. Also hard to see in the photo but a very slight chamfer to slit for the slot loading drive:

Frosted on white with some of the cubes installed:

Note here the removed section to allow the 90? bent tubing to pass through into top and bottom chambers:

Some more photos of the front assembly, the USB and drive detailing. Then the third front layer:

Installed the case bottom and the internal bottom chamber:

Top chamber & middle wall in place. Lots of white space inside this case:

I will shut up talking and continue assembly now:

Last little update for tonight; wanted to check the USB header fit with no issue. We decided to inlay the full plastic unit into the back of the white. To then be screwed into the clear in the front as usual:

That's your lot then guys and girls!

Hope your enjoying this so far... it's hard to see the case as we see it. This case will very much change when we start to get some hardware and cooling inside. But so far couldn't be happier.

Have a great weekend and please, hit us with some comments and ideas as and when you get them! We like ideas

Justin, Shaun,

Xtreme Addict
    Awesome looking stuff so far. Interested to see what wonderful new creations you can come up with on the fancy new CNC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love it. Looks great.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    Awesome looking stuff so far. Interested to see what wonderful new creations you can come up with on the fancy new CNC
    Thanks Scubar, the accuracy with this CNC is great. We expect to really push it here so keep watching!

Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    I love it. Looks great.
    Thanks! Any ideas hit me

Xtreme Member

Icybox & Asus Detailing

Sponsors/Support:

Hi all, quick little mini update for you all. Had to cut some frosted at work so did the bits for the detailing and shot a quick little video at the same time.

But first we have a speedy unboxing of the FlexCage MB973SP-B. I wanted to have a nice quickly removable solution for large mechanical drives. This was the answer. It also gave us a couple of extra USB3.0 ports at the back if needed. Simply useful to chop and change drives in the work place.

Love the item. Few subtle plans. The base colour of the unit is fine no problems there. Will change the sticker to a piece of vinyl, change the fan and braid the cables at the back there. Test fit however went great. Nice as we only pulled the measurements from the technical data found on the website:

Next onto a little treat in the post from Asus: The MAXIMUS VI EXTREME!
    Took a couple of nice photos of the board pre waterblocks and a what to find in the box!
    Considering doing something with the OC Panel in this build:

Next we fit the male parts to the already cut female. Perfect fit fortunately

To finish for the day we rendered a quick little video. Sorry it was slapdash just to show you the tool changer and a little bit of the inlay so enjoy:

See you all soon! Have a great week!

Xtreme Member

Rads and fans

Sponsors/Support:

This time will actually be a mini update haha. Mainly to show you a few bits from the sponsors/support and what not.

First up is the fans. Phobya have supplied the build with 17 of these little gems. Really liked them when I was first shown them and now the black version comes out.. it was meant to be!
    Thanks Pascal.

Time to start making custom length cables. The current plan is for most of the rear and cable management to be visible so it was a must. Plus due to size alone most of the cables wouldn't have even been long enough:

And the part I hate the most. Solder time....

With his new length cable and some Shade 19 MDPC braid:

Next up some of the goodies from XSPC; super stoked on these fittings. We used them first in the ITX build. Love the shape and overall size. Feel nice and chunky and very suitable for this build. Black chrome finish on these:

We move onto the radiators of choice. Decided to use the white rads as the fans are black and will break up the colour enough between the fans and the inside of the case.
    These are currently my favorite radiator and aesthetically nothing touches them for me. Really want to use the smaller 120mm versions in an ITX project!

A big thanks goes out to Paul for helping set this up. Really enjoying the current XSPC range. They seem to be really on point with their latest and coming range of products.

To finish for the day.. as I said it is a short update we simply had a little test look at two of the rads inside Magnus:

Until next time

Xtreme Member

Waterblocks & Hardware

Sponsors/Support:

Sorry for the delay y'all!

To update you on some things at the warehouse first. We have been busy.. more busy then ever. We have still been trying when possible to custom mod some Parvum cases, these have been ticking over nicely. In between that we have been working on a bunch of stuff for Nvidia. We did a series of cases for an American prebuild company that will be being used at LAN and show events by Nvidia themselves. We have also done a few custom battlebox cases.

Next in line will be a massive restock of the mATX case. We then plan to get the ITX case out to retailers. We are looking at the end of November for these.
    Finally we have a new guy at Parvum, Stephen is his name! Please flame away if you are an EVEN rather than a PHEN ;D! You may well see his hands in this project... maybe.

SO TO THE UPDATE!!
    Sorry this really is a filler update. Show you all some hardware going in so we can then at least get down to the more fun stuff... custom res', straight tubing.. the usual!

Thought I'd start things off by showing you an ITX rig we did for a close friend. Managed to cut build and fill in one day. *There goes our only day off*...
    Really stoked on it. Custom modded the case to fit an extra 120mm rad PSU side so this little guy has 2 x 120mm rads cooling the CPU:

So to MAGNUS! We start with a cheeky 4770k! Thank you Jim and thank you Intel for the support, without it... well, we would be CPUless... haha:

Next what will cool the chip... this build we have gone fully XSPC. This is due to wanting to go down a slightly new route on our builds and having a close friend at XSPC. It's nice to support them, one small company to another:

Next a little teaser of whats to come... HUGE block to mill something nice and custom:

Some of you may have noticed this feature from the render, but almost 500mm of hard line tubing will be inlaid into each side at the front of the case. Will be a great feature with the fluid:

So more hardware show-off... thanks again to Jim over at Kingston. He's gone all out on this build as you will see a little bit later. But first.. some RAM, 32GB in fact!

More XSPC as we block up:

Up next is another lovely item from Asus.. Sorry I did say this was a hardware update.
    Thanks Gareth, I know GPU situation was a headache for this build!

Really nice packaging and the stock cooler!! :O, it's a shame we have to remove the thing. Asus have done a really great job with this cooler:

It would be rude not to show you the board with blocks and a cheeky GPU test fit:

That's all for today. Sorry it took a while to get it to you and then it was ultimately just some hardware.. but like I said.. now the hardware is in place we can figure out the fun stuff!

Thanks for reading! Show some love!

Xtreme Member
    Fashionably late Halloween ;D

Xtreme Member

Acrylic tubing time

Sponsors/Support:

More delays.. nothing unusual here. This time we lost three-phase power for 6 days. Really messing up work and any chance of project updates.

But that said... now we have something to show you. Exciting tubing at that!

First we want to quickly show you something we are pretty happy with. It was done for a friend so won't be used in this build but a nice little piece. Spec was from a pencil drawing. Single piece construction using heat to bend and designed to hold 4 SSDs:

mmmmmm SSD p0rn....!

Onto MAGNUS!

First up we remove the mosfet block from the board:

Replacing with an awesome little XSPC block:

One thing that did lose out on was due to the reverse(upsidedown) layout.. the little badge cannot be used. Not really a big deal as the build is very monotone but still wanted to do a little something....

Removed the orginal red detailing from the Asus heatsinc:

ANd in place on the XSPC waterblock:

Next up we made a small jig from a bunch of acrylic layers. It's purpose was to add the extra 30mm of space that will be taken up in the bottom of the case so I could start to plan the loop. As with all of our builds we are forever stuck in a 'catch-22'; one thing is always stopping us do the next so this was the only way to move forward:

Putting the jig to use:

Then use the jig to mark the bottom panel. Again all will because much clearer in future updates:

And more:

Next up... well... THANK YOU ASUS! We have more GPUs!
    Sitting pretty with stock coolers for now:

Unfortunatly for now we are having problems sorting suitable waterblocks. However knowing they will be XSPC in style the way to move forward was to grab one of Shaun's 780's already with XSPC block:

So for anyone who hasn't worked with acrylic.. we cut ours just using a basic coping saw in a vice. Simply paired with any fittings suitable for this tubing. Bitspower and EK do these. Also spotted some other fitting systems being used but don't like the looks of these. We also hate any bending of hard line tubing. After all.. floppy tubing does the bends. If you are trying to make a super tight bend without kinking it... that's great... BUT we think there is always a better option. Thats our advise anyway. Acrylic U bends are something that make the eyes bleed.

MOAR TUBES:

That is it for today friends and fans

With this progress it really means we can get going on the build so expect more frequent updates ASAP! NOOB stop moaning now! ;D

Xtreme Member

Rads and Fans

Sponsors/Support:

WE BACK WE BACK! on time for once a small update, but one of many...

ITS PEXON TIME WOO PEXON GO PEXON!!

So long story short, with such demand at work and focusing my time in much needed places (being slapped up if I stay at work too late).. I had to call in reinforcements. Doing this level of work was just not feasible. I suppose that's the great thing about having awesome friends. We've known James of Pexon PCs for some time now and each time we get around to hanging out its great fun. Roll on iSeries...

Moving onto his work of wonders; The job was to do exactly what I showed in one of the earlier posts. Different custom length wires then braided in MDPCX Shade 19. A very fiddly solder job indeed. The points are pretty close together on fans and this isn't helped when the wires are all black.

To make things even harder each fan had to run to a single 3pin header. Basically a daisy chain to allow us to run 16 fans from just 8 fan headers. The controllers being used here has more than enough power to do this:

Thank you very much mate and indeed I owe more than beer!

Next now that the fans are ready it was time to start fitting the radiators. See close ups of these beauties in one of my first posts. Using the XSPC AX series:

Had to connect the two rads together as they will both be working in the same loop. First try was a male to male and a male to female extenders. Sadly too short by about 5mm. Sad Panda

Considered searching for a differnt length extender but the problem with this build is the black chrome finish. Parts are much fewer than standard chrome finish for example.

Decided to go with a baby piece of acrylic tube. I suppose the extra work was a bit annoying but got the job done:

Installed 4 fans and two rads and got connected up. Managed to squeeze all 4 cables between two fans which was tight but neat!

Little test fit in the top of the case:

SADLY my friends... that is it. I started to fit the next two rads in the bottom of the case but ran into some design complications so have to figure a few things out before the next update.

My only other frustration here is the slight bow that's happening in the roof of the case due to the weight. This wont happen once the side panels are on as they will take all the weight but it's a bit annoying when building. May make a little reinforcement as the side panels wont be cut to the VERY end.

Thanks again for reading.

Xtreme Member

More rads more fans

Sponsors/Support:

HOLD UP...! ITS TIME AGAIN!!!

Going straight in with some adjustments to the white bottom chamber. Cable management was impossible to be clear when we did the drawing for Magnus as we really had no idea what we even going into the build. In turn however this gives a really nice and easy 'hands on' way to planwhat changes we want to make.

The old:

The NEW:

As with all cases Magnus is fully modular. It makes making changes like these a lot less stressful. Unscrew and slide the new panel in place:

New panel in and with the addition of two new cubes (you'll see what these are for shortly) and better cable holes:

More changes and this time on the bottom black panel. By using the technical drawing on the XSPC website we managed achieve this first time:

Time to install more of these beautiful fans:

A mirror now of the top chamber connections. Connecting the two rads together with acrylic tube:

Two more new cubes. These will correspond to the two I mentioned earlier:

This little frosted guy will be doing the work between the four cubes:

Installed:

Entire panel installed in the bottom of the case now:

The purpose of the frosted panel will become clear now. It basically acts much like the mid wall does in the body of the case and provides much needed extra strength. We did this as the rads are heavy even before they get filled with coolant. If you are wondering why frosted and not black. Frosted acrylic is in much less demand at work & this part of the case wont be visible:

Now you can see what the new cable management holes are for. All falling into place well:

Last for today we install the fifth and final 240mm radiator into the system:

The clearance and fit we are very happy with. Had people mention vibration issues from the fans/rads touching panels like this but had no issues in previous builds and no sound problems upon test run:

So we did get a bit more done on the build but no more time for Photoshop today so will end it here.

Love it? Hate it? Ideas? or even just want to show some love; VERY WELCOME!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!

Xtreme Member

Cable Management

Sponsors/Support:

HOLD UP, HOLD MY PHONE!!

Won't be able to annotate AS much this time. Pretty busy to say the least.

First up cutting a new cable management piece. Notice the V-bit 45? cut. This is vital to get the piece to actually fit.

Measure up:

Apply heat:

And bend:

Repeat to complete:

You can see now how the 45? was necessary:

Did another couple of tubes for the rear rad:

Installed the fans on the 360. Really cant get over how good these rads and fans are:

A little look in the case internal... suppose it's a bit anticlimax now half the stuff has been taken out:

Back to our old tricks. Really like physically marking stuff:

Then do it all again but with holes:

Installing the cables:

That would be it for today.

Thanks for checking in

Xtreme Member

more tube

Sponsors/Support:

Hi folks!

Will let the photos talk. Managed to hook up the second GPU and the 240mm rad at the back. Basically 90% of the hard line work done now which means we can really start to speed things up here:

Decided to use acrylic tube to connect GPUs as we've used a lot of it. Thought the XSPC connecting system may have looked out of place:

Another pretty wild tubing run:

Hello third GPU; nice to see you:

Also connected up the back 240mm rad:

Will be a fuller update soon. Sorry for the small ones

Xtreme Member

Milling custom parts & more braid

Sponsors/Support:

Back with another update:

First up we draw... powered by Monster Energy!

A little while later the CNC can start the job. 5mm frosted clear acrylic. Tooling for this job 3mm single flute and 2.5mm single:

Understand this is a test for what will next be cut in the 25mm thick block I showed some updates ago:

At the time of photography the O Rings had not turned up. However they have now and I can let you know we are fitting no problems. We will cut the 25mm next.

Time to smarten up the D5's; XSPC pump tops and MDPC braid:

Next a small make over for the fans. Grabbed some little fan stickers from Nate over at E22. Nate has helped out as and when he can and was a great guy when we met him. Sadly we don't get to see enough of him. He has also sent us a few other useful things that finish this build nicely:

Before:

After:

Simple indeed but so necessary.

Braided the molex to mini-sata. Wasn't sure if there was a better option for this but needed something to power the slot loader so these seemed sufficient:

Next task was to make some kind of mount for both the bumps. A lot of people ask why we don't use other materials such as aluminum wood etc. For the most part anything we do cut we wait and cut while we are already cutting that colour of acrylic. For example we cut these frosted clear parts when we had to cut frosted accents for a customers case. It's realistically the most feasible way of getting a project log done while not interfering with to much of our workload.

We need something to sit on please:

You can sit on me!?

OK thanks:

Some little fix ups on the sata cables:

So that's all for the update this time around. Lot of small bits but they all have to be done so please stick with us!

I will leave you with a couple of photos from the Multiplay Insomnia i50 LAN event. Any questions please ask:

Thanks for reading. Please ask questions and leave your opinions!

Nice!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R104_for View Post
    Nice!
    Thank you sir!

Administrator
    Nice work man, very beautiful !

Xtreme Member

Hardware fun and 8 SSDs

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Nice work man, very beautiful !
    Thanks dude. Your avatar is awesome

Sponsors/Support:

Back with more:

Little progress shot. Just installed the test plate in the bottom:

About 90% perfect, a few little changes needed. 1-2mm here and there:

More changes for the top section. Getting everything lined up for cables and more fittings:

Very advanced measuring systems:

Next up a little bit of a hardware show off. First is the LSI 9271-8i. Got to thank Tiny Tom Logan for this little beauty. We've had a great relationship so far and have been working on a few bits here and there. More on that coming so keep your eye out!

More importantly on top of this the cables... I had concerns about what fun it may be braiding sas to sata leads like these and Tom has saved the day again. He did a LOT of searching to find these perfect cables and they cost a pretty penny too. When he said I could have some I actually thought he was joking until they turned up. Awesome solution and no braiding for me. Happy days:

Next I suppose we would need something to go with this raid card, SSD heavy. I'm going to sleep on these tonight. Thank you Kingston!!! (please understand you don't just get given things like this for a simple project log, we are doing some work for them in exchange).

Got a couple of fan controllers in for the build. Great packaging and solid overall product. Used a bunch of Lamptron stuff and always very happy:

We decided to use a couple of the XSPC Photon tube reservoirs. Technically we could have made it work without them but it's a hell of a lot less stressful using them and they are great. Actually made from glass which is not something I've used before. Makes for a great feel and finish:

Amazing little mounting system. Very high quality. However not something we will use so removed:

Looking a little more angular now, perfect for the Parvum aesthetic:

Cut the new top section with the new changes:

Installing the reservoirs:

To be honest I didn't expect this to line up first time. I mean we are amazing and everything but this was a 'guess and hope' effort:

Finally installed the raid cards and cables:

Thanks for reading. Please leave feedback

Xtreme Member

Two custom milled reservoirs

Sponsors/Support:

Favorite time again!

Really big section of the build out of the way now. Been preparing for this for a little while now over the last few updates. Had to really ensure everything was going to work first time. Due to the lack of any time and only being able to work on this build in personal time it really meant we had one shot.

As with anything first to tool path the drawing:

Set up the material. 25mm thick block of joy:

Warmup the CNC!

I think we are ready:

With the little help of some tools; fitting the 2mm cutter into one of the cones:

We are really in business now:

Removed the backing. This was to double check some depths. Even with a CNC as expensive as this there as still some variables. The material for one can vary slightly; even if its 0.1mm etc. Same goes for the bed. Currently we are using a MDF bed rather than a Medex bed. This means it can have a little play in bed height from one area to another. We are talking TINY amounts but these have to be taken into account when milling something like a reservoir:

Two reservoirs will be cut from the same block:

Another tool used for the job. Using 6mm cutters here to breeze through the block:

We actually shot a video showing a little of the cut process and the finished items. Will get that edited over Christmas and post it as soon as I can.

Total cut time for both pieces was about an hour and 40 minutes. Not bad all things considered. The 6mm feed speeds made fast work of the acrylic!

Some quick shots of the finished items:

Next update we will install the O rings, tap the reservoirs and give them a little test run. Rather fun that will be

Please check back soon. Will do our best to get the test run update up over Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a few days off at least! Try not to spend it ALL on the forums

Xtreme Member

Custom Reservoir 1 Leak Test

Sponsors/Support:

DON'T WORRY! A little more update before Christmas

First up we install the O Ring. Very fiddly. The recess is the exact size however its hard not to ever so slightly stretch an O Ring when installing:

Next I'd like to highlight how we will mount this vertical reservoir/chamber. It was a nice little touch I think. Removing a section from the 25mm thick block large enough to fit the bolt head. Then installing the bolts to the reverse of the lid:

This shows the little technique nice:

With all the lid bolts installed we should be water tight:

With the G1/4" tap holes tapped we can install some XSPC fittings for a nice test. No problems with these threads, really chunky and solid:

Next the scary part of course. Couldn't have been more confident but with everything that you put this much time into there are always a few nerves on testing.

Test setup an old D5 with Alphacool top, just using one of the XSPC res' for ease of filling. Connected each chamber one to another with a bit of tubing just to test both chambers:

Filling with some coolant:

We have success!

Loop has been running for about 5 hours now with no problems. Tested it on its side and will leave vertical for some hours this evening.

Reservoir number two testing when we are back from Christmas. Should be able to post an update 30-31st along with a video we made of the full process and end result !

Happy Christmas.

Very nice indeed.

Looking forward to more updates.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    Very nice indeed.

Looking forward to more updates.
    Thank you very much. Update due tomorrow

Xtreme Member

80% system fitted!

Sponsors/Support:

IT'S ALMOST 2014 UPDATE!

First and most frustratingly with any of my builds, we strip the system back to almost stage 1. Even more frustratingly we will have to this AGAIN before the build is complete:

Replaced bottom panel with frosted so we can pump a nice amount of light though the bottom section of the case. We fitted the long res:

A really nice thing to see when you use CAD and CNC machines... when you plan something about 5 months ago and finally get to use the hole you cut

Next we install the LARGE reservoir! We had to remove most things to actually get this in:

Cable routing for pumps:

A lot of the system installed, pumps in place etc:

Top mounting for res:

With GPUs in for a test and some pretty awesome shots! No wasted space:

That's your lot for now folks. Super happy with how it all looks with the reservoirs in.

See you all again soon!

Xtreme Member

Acrylic front tubing and Monsoon bending kit

Sponsors/Support:

A small update:

So well known forum modder/builder/negative/argumentative/point-well-made friend B-NEG came to check out the Parvum set up. He actually came to brief us on a reservoir we will be custom milling for him but while he was down came with his new Monsoon kit. Here is the photo of the full kit:

Really nice little kit. Obviously as stated already here bending is not something we personally like as a look but for the front of the case we needed to use a few concealed bends with acrylic. For anyone who is already good at bending tubing or just wants to start I'd say go for it! Its expensive for the full kit but it's something you'll use on all builds. Just please don't go crazy with the bends! ;D

A few of my favorite pieces:

The little cutting jig is really cool.

So apply heat:

And bend! B-NEG = lots of bending. Another nice little touch with these is you can screw or clamp them down. Useful if you want to make more advanced jigs:

Test fitting the tube:

Tubing in place:

The black panel will be re-cut to improve this. We knew this was going to be pretty likely but now we can bring it down much lower and file away a 45? section. This should pretty much hide all of the bend.

Finally it wouldn't be a B-NEG helping hand without his partner in crime:

UNTIL NEXT TIME. THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast