Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Petitioning Rockstar Games: DONT MAKE A PC VERSION OF GTA V

  1. #1
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    Posts
    1,572

    Petitioning Rockstar Games: DONT MAKE A PC VERSION OF GTA V

    What a bunch of jacka$$e$...

    https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...of-gta-v#share

    Absolutely nobody pirates console games, especially ones made by Rockstar!!

    GTAV_x360.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

    "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

  2. #2
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,121
    Wow people really need to stop making pointless petitions. Go read a book or something.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #3
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    Oui I thought it was the same person that had a thread on guru3d, some crazy person...

    I agree wtf.
    Anyways gtav is already out on the consoles.
    Hope we get the pc ver soon.

  4. #4
    I am Xtreme zanzabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SF bay area, CA
    Posts
    15,861
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Oui I thought it was the same person that had a thread on guru3d, some crazy person...

    I agree wtf.
    Anyways gtav is already out on the consoles.
    Hope we get the pc ver soon.
    i thought it was out on tues unless you have moded xbox. i would also bet we will have pc/nextgen version by the holidays.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

  5. #5
    xtreme energy
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Europe, Latvia
    Posts
    4,205
    You can pirate on xbox as well
    ...

  6. #6
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cancun
    Posts
    713
    If that's not a facepalm petition I don't know what is. Bitter console fanboys jealous that PC has better graphics again?

  7. #7
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Ha ha ha what a nice way to start a weekend

  8. #8
    Wanna look under my kilt?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Glasgow-ish U.K.
    Posts
    4,455
    Wow, that's petty.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

    why?
    ______

    Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

  9. #9
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    794
    On a complete derail, have you guys seen these pictures from a modded GTA IV (PC of course):
    http://kotaku.com/unbelievable-gta-i...new-1351104635



    This is why I can wait for the release of GTAV on PC.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

  10. #10
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    Yeah I've never seen those shots before, that website doesn't quite work that good in firefox on my end.

    I've been playing gtasa for the heck of it, it doesn't overheat my system either lol.
    Yesterday I had a cousin over and 15 mins into any current gen game it would drop my audio, I checked my temps and my chipset-nb was 57c!
    Not to happy about that.

    But anyways I had to set gtasa in win98 compatibility mode.
    That fixes the mouse prob but those the darned profile into the public folder, sucks.
    Still no start button on the controller though.

    Gta 3 and vc won't start, 3 says win_vdm missing, vc says it doesn't have enough video ram.

    Gta4 I can't install in win7, the eflc expansions, well, I can't choose my player model so I don't really wanna play them again.
    Especially the biker expansion, that one I didn't like at all, really really boring.

    I watched some of those long play videos of gta5, only parts of them.
    It's cool to see some snow, finally D.
    Saw the 4 wheeler, a tiny 4 wheeler like that shouldn't beable to go that fast... (that's lame, a kids 4 wheeler cannot go faster then cars..., a full sized one yeah, but a kids one no.)
    Totally looking forward to the game though.

    It just sucks my board is overheating like a mofo :\.

    Have any of you guys tried gta 3 or vc lately?
    Been able to get them running?

  11. #11
    Xtreme Addict Chrono Detector's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,139
    Man what an arrogant bastard whoever started that petition, its not like console kiddies are completely innocent either.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

  12. #12
    c[_]
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    20,374
    whats funny is you can play GTA 5 on PC right now if you know what to do..

    All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

  13. #13
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Yeah I've never seen those shots before, that website doesn't quite work that good in firefox on my end.

    I've been playing gtasa for the heck of it, it doesn't overheat my system either lol.
    Yesterday I had a cousin over and 15 mins into any current gen game it would drop my audio, I checked my temps and my chipset-nb was 57c!
    Not to happy about that.

    But anyways I had to set gtasa in win98 compatibility mode.
    That fixes the mouse prob but those the darned profile into the public folder, sucks.
    Still no start button on the controller though.

    Gta 3 and vc won't start, 3 says win_vdm missing, vc says it doesn't have enough video ram.

    Gta4 I can't install in win7, the eflc expansions, well, I can't choose my player model so I don't really wanna play them again.
    Especially the biker expansion, that one I didn't like at all, really really boring.

    I watched some of those long play videos of gta5, only parts of them.
    It's cool to see some snow, finally D.
    Saw the 4 wheeler, a tiny 4 wheeler like that shouldn't beable to go that fast... (that's lame, a kids 4 wheeler cannot go faster then cars..., a full sized one yeah, but a kids one no.)
    Totally looking forward to the game though.

    It just sucks my board is overheating like a mofo :\.

    Have any of you guys tried gta 3 or vc lately?
    Been able to get them running?
    GTA IV installs and runs without problems in Windows 8 x64. I only needed to update the Games For Windows Live client cuz the one included in the Steam version of GTA IV is outdated.

    I plan to buy The Lost And Damnes and The Ballad Of Gay Tony when Steam will offer them for like 50% or 75% less. But I have a friend who has those DLC installed on a Windows 7 x64 SP1 pc and they run without issues.

    I installed once GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA: San Andreas a couple of months ago on Windows 8 x64 and never had any issue with gameplay etc. The only issue for me was with GTA Vice City, I couldn't lock the frame rates to 60 even with the v-sync (I dunno if that was called frame lock or v-sync or whatever) turned on. And the game teared like crazy. Probably a custom profile on nVidia control panel could do the trick but whatever. Reverse problem with GTA San Andreas. V-sync worked but fps were locked to 30. I played without v-sync and it was quite good.

    Anyway, no real problems with all of them (I was able to play for hours and I still play GTA IV on the configuration in sig). Could it be your GPU not 100% supported with these games?


    EDIT: btw, the kid who started this petition is probably jerking all over his keyboard atm, seeing us PC gamers still waiting for a proper announcement by R*. Anyway, internet is full of rumors and infos about a PC version. In the pirated copy of GTA V (yeah, piracy is widely adopted even by console users duh durrr) the so called "source code" included lines on PC and Orbis (PS4) platforms. Also, iFruit app includes icons and user interface buttons for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Could be R* trolling PC users or, as history has taught us, could be the typical rumors prior an imminent announcement for a PC release of GTA V.

    btw the real petition is here --> http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition...se-gta-v-on-pc and we're almost 500.000
    Last edited by .::NeO::.; 09-20-2013 at 12:25 AM.

  14. #14
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    The older gta's, 3, vc and sa I always disabled the frame limiter.
    On 3 and vc it seemed like something that had to be done, in sa it more like a pref.

    I'm not sure why vc and gta3 won't run here, because I'm sure I actually sat down and finally beat gta3 after I had already beating gta4...
    The win_vdm is missing error for gta3, I don't know wth.
    The not enough vga mem error for vc is supposedly because of my driver not supported 640x480.
    Which makes sense, there were games back then that would refuse to startup because of a missing res like 640x480 or 800x600.

    Oh one more thing, offtopic duh.. sorry.
    I found out my cpu was stuck in the highest perf state , that was one of my overheating issues (fixed that one).


    Anyways to get back on topic.
    There are some supposed leaked screens of the pc ver but like some have said already, they could be capture windows from the xbox or ps3.
    From a capture card.

    As for the files, take some of the older gta's, they share some of the more basic files, for car speeds and so on.
    They always have.

    But I still have my hopes up that by the end of the year we'll have the pc ver.
    But you never know, if it's anything like the past releases, it's a year away .
    When it's already yesterdays news...

    Instead of a gta5 pc petition there should of been a red dead redemption for the pc petition ^^.
    I so wanted that game, I only played it a few times for a little bit on the 360.
    Looks like they ported that work over to the gta5 engine though , hence the animals in the game now.


    The gay tony expansion for gta4 had some more cars and stuff and that was about it.
    It was kinda like vc compared to gta3.
    Like gta5 is like sa compared to gta4 (which is like gta3 in a sense).

    The lost expansion had some extra music, and a ton of chopper bikes (yippie do :\ ).
    Though now that I think back, I guess it was more of an expansion then say the majority of mafia 2 expansions were.

    I hope they added more cars though to gta5, I can't stand the infernos lol, I already seen that car in gta5 and I was thinking noooo screw that car lol.

    Not to be a butt munch about it but, who here wants to bet that gta5 will need 8 gigs of vram in order to max it out without aa...
    Last time around it was like, what do you mean no one has a card that can max it out?...

    Oh there is one odd thing I did notice before I end my post.
    You can't rob the gun store anymore ^^, thanks to the current political situation...
    Thanks everyone you ruined gta, I'm just messing lol, but still, it was an easy way of getting a shotgun, but so is killing cops and taking there car (they always keep shotguns in the car)... :\.

  15. #15
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    The older gta's, 3, vc and sa I always disabled the frame limiter.
    On 3 and vc it seemed like something that had to be done, in sa it more like a pref.

    I'm not sure why vc and gta3 won't run here, because I'm sure I actually sat down and finally beat gta3 after I had already beating gta4...
    The win_vdm is missing error for gta3, I don't know wth.
    The not enough vga mem error for vc is supposedly because of my driver not supported 640x480.
    Which makes sense, there were games back then that would refuse to startup because of a missing res like 640x480 or 800x600.

    Oh one more thing, offtopic duh.. sorry.
    I found out my cpu was stuck in the highest perf state , that was one of my overheating issues (fixed that one).


    Anyways to get back on topic.
    There are some supposed leaked screens of the pc ver but like some have said already, they could be capture windows from the xbox or ps3.
    From a capture card.

    As for the files, take some of the older gta's, they share some of the more basic files, for car speeds and so on.
    They always have.

    But I still have my hopes up that by the end of the year we'll have the pc ver.
    But you never know, if it's anything like the past releases, it's a year away .
    When it's already yesterdays news...

    Instead of a gta5 pc petition there should of been a red dead redemption for the pc petition ^^.
    I so wanted that game, I only played it a few times for a little bit on the 360.
    Looks like they ported that work over to the gta5 engine though , hence the animals in the game now.


    The gay tony expansion for gta4 had some more cars and stuff and that was about it.
    It was kinda like vc compared to gta3.
    Like gta5 is like sa compared to gta4 (which is like gta3 in a sense).

    The lost expansion had some extra music, and a ton of chopper bikes (yippie do :\ ).
    Though now that I think back, I guess it was more of an expansion then say the majority of mafia 2 expansions were.

    I hope they added more cars though to gta5, I can't stand the infernos lol, I already seen that car in gta5 and I was thinking noooo screw that car lol.

    Not to be a butt munch about it but, who here wants to bet that gta5 will need 8 gigs of vram in order to max it out without aa...
    Last time around it was like, what do you mean no one has a card that can max it out?...

    Oh there is one odd thing I did notice before I end my post.
    You can't rob the gun store anymore ^^, thanks to the current political situation...
    Thanks everyone you ruined gta, I'm just messing lol, but still, it was an easy way of getting a shotgun, but so is killing cops and taking there car (they always keep shotguns in the car)... :\.
    To be completely honest I am torn between these two things:

    - on one side, I would like an epic GTA V that is full of people walking around, cars traffic, realistic vehicles damage and physics that is able to bring to the knees the most powerful configurations out there atm (for example, I would like to see a GTA V maxed out that actually makes use of the 6GB vram of the GeForce Titan (right now I only saw ARMA III using like 2,4 - 2,5GB at 1080p)). I am not talking about having a GTA that is ty optimized. I am talking of a really well optimized GTA that can brings out the complete features and stuff like that, that atm are being helded back by those consoles. I'm not hating on consoles, in fact I am impressed with what R* has come up with GTA V on 2005 hardware consoles. I just would love to see the same level of optimization on PC, so you can crank all the details up.

    - on the other side I fear that if you do a game that is so demanding, like the good old Crysis days, most of the users are going to whine about it. Most of the users here on XS are going to upgrade their hardware like happened during Crisys days, it wasn't difficult to see people with 3-way SLi 8800 Ultra. But unfortunately we are the minority.

  16. #16
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ankara Turkey
    Posts
    2,657
    i sign this because i don't like gta games and believe they ruin pc gaming........











    just joking :P i dont like gta games but i wont sign this. i will start my own petition that pc gamers dont want crap games like gta in pc.


    When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

  17. #17
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    So what do we want?, kof xiii for the pc ?
    Why when the real deal is better, actually it's the same thing just without the steaming poo...
    I just wanna make a small point, snk is just not doing that great, I don't know how they are doing money wise, but they aren't making much for decent games these days , which is really unfortunate.

    I only said that because of your ava, from garou , definitely a fav of mine, a real classic.

    Anyways have you guys seen this? ->
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681173

    The video has over 7000 comments on it lol!
    Here's my business card lmao, like for real?, wow...
    People are really uptight these days, me included that's for sure.
    ^^

  18. #18
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    Nothing really new but min ago I came across this:
    http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/feedbac...lsion-20130920

    There was news about the $800m thing on the news (not sure which network it was) and there they talked about the rumor coming to the next gen consoles on nov 22nd.
    Which actually got my hopes up that maybe just maybe we will see this by the end of the year.

  19. #19
    all outta gum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    whats funny is you can play GTA 5 on PC right now if you know what to do..
    I don't know, can you tell me?
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

    Test bench: empty

  20. #20
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    I don't know, can you tell me?
    Not sure, but I think he is talking about the mods you can add to GTA IV. A couple of days ago I saw a mod that actually expand the stock map of GTA IV, and add the mountain area and stuff like that of GTA V map. Also, there's a mod where you are actually able to switch to another character just like in GTA V. And also, there are tons of mods where you can load GTA V airplanes and jets etc. etc.

  21. #21
    c[_]
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    20,374
    No, not talking about mods.

    All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

  22. #22
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    Yeah there's a pc beta, it's dx11.
    I don't know much else though.

  23. #23
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West hartford, CT
    Posts
    2,792
    like 1 billion wasnt enough for them lol
    FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

  24. #24
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    No, not talking about mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Yeah there's a pc beta, it's dx11.
    I don't know much else though.
    wait. What??
    Is there a GTA V beta or something like that for pc?

    Can someone give some more details or links please?

  25. #25
    NooB MOD
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    5,796
    I'm thinking using the console version with an emulator?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •