Thread: Bitfenix Prodigy cpu heatsink advice

Xtreme Member

Bitfenix Prodigy cpu heatsink advice

Hi guys im looking for some heatsink options for my new build.

I dont know if its worth to go with the Hxx corsair soliutions or a heatsink.

My goal here is to have the best quiet/performance ratio as posible.

The cpu is a 4670k

What do you think?

Thanks!

I'd go with H80i (single 120 mm rad mounted in the back exhaust spot) or even H100i (2x120 mm rad mounted on top), for those few degrees difference. The noise can be reduced by putting some better fans on rads (something like Scythe GT-15s). If heat/noise is a big issue for you, you may consider deliding the CPU. btw, I have H70 with 2xGT-15s in my prodigy cooling 2600K, so no deliding for me is needed. It works/fits just fine and sound is acceptable, for my ears liking at least...

Xtreme Member
    Would a h60 hidro series (the new one) handle it? I can get a really nice deal for one of those

I used H60 on AM3 CPUs, and it was quite close to H70 in performance. Maybe it would be on par with H80 if you use 2 fans for push pull, but you sacrifice silence, not to mention that you can put 2 fans on H80 too...

I hope this is not the reason why you are getting good deal Corsair-H60-cracks-in-the-pipes
    I checked mine (purchased and used for almost 1.5 year), no such damage. Either way, keep that receipt ...

Xtreme Mentor
    I have a 3770k@4.5ghz running WCG 24/7 w/H100i fans @ 1200RPM for silence temps average around 66C...oh its in a Bitfenix Prodigy

EDIT: I wish something I thought of before hand was mounting a 200mm rad up front
    Last edited by =[PULSAR]=; 09-08-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0ST View Post
    I hope this is not the reason why you are getting good deal Corsair-H60-cracks-in-the-pipes
    I checked mine (purchased and used for almost 1.5 year), no such damage. Either way, keep that receipt ...

WOOOOW

Im going to check mine as soon as i get home