Thread: Steve Ballmer Confirms Stephen Elop as Next Microsoft Chief Exec Candidate.

Xtreme Mentor

Steve Ballmer Confirms Stephen Elop as Next Microsoft Chief Exec Candidate.

"Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer of Microsoft Corp., confirmed in an interview that he and the board of directors consider Stephen Elop, a former chief executive officer of Nokia Corp. who is believed to be responsible for the company?s dramatic decline of market share. Last week bookmakers assumed that Mr. Elop has the highest chances to become the next CEO of Microsoft."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d...Candidate.html

This all reminds me of starwars and KOT so much..

Coming Soon

Xtreme Addict
    No self respecting board of directors would ever in a million years hire Stephen Elop after what he did to Nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    Elop did Microsoft favor that was propably worth over ten billion dollars.

I hope that he will be chosen to next CEO of Microsoft. Perhaps he would start by making a burning platform memo that tells how horrible OS Windows really is. This would collapse Ms stock price and after couple years Elop would turn out to be servant of all mighty and satanic "dont be evil"-company that we all love.
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

told you so :P

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    Wondeful...

Ballmer ruined M$ with W8 and Surface...
    Elop ruined Nokia...

Excellent CEOs, yepppp!
    Bill, please, come back

Xtreme Addict
    For Bill Gates to allow Elop to become the next CEO of Microsoft would be akin to him blowing more holes in the hull of his sinking ship using copious amounts of high explosives.

The epitomy of making a bad situation worse...

At least that a$$clown Ballmer is on the way out...maybe he can go tryout for Kiss...he'd fit right in with them...
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Quote Originally Posted by lutjens View Post
    At least that a$$clown Ballmer is on the way out...maybe he can go tryout for Kiss...he'd fit right in with them...
    not sure mate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9e97.png 
Views:	652 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	131244

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    not sure mate

Name:	9e97.png 
Views:	652 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	131244
    I'm impressed, you found one of the rare pics of Ballmer with his tongue actually in his mouth...
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Mentor
    So the people that made this decision dont own any MS stock? Or dont like their MS stock?
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    No self respecting board of directors would ever in a million years hire Stephen Elop after what he did to Nokia.
    If the purpose was to destroy Nokia as Elop has succeeded beyond expectations, then he should be na attractive candidate.

Xtreme Guru
    i hope this tomfoolery does not continue. don't crash 'n burn microsft kthnxbai.
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Microsoft would. And you know why? Because the whole reason Nokia declined in worth and profit is because Stephen Elop went Windows Phone exclusively. That to Microsoft is a good thing, it shows he is committed to Microsoft. But to any other company it was the worst decision in the world.

If Elop wasn't a trojan horse he would not have gone exclusively Windows Phone. He would have hedged his bets by releasing Android and Windows Phones. Just like HTC, Samsung, Huawei, LG, Dell, ZTE and Acer. In-fact if you look at the list of Windows Phone partners who actually released a Windows Phone Nokia stand alone in going exclusively Windows. All those other companies I just listed also released Android phones, even Dell hedged their bets!

So it comes as no surprise that when every other CEO of all those companies says "Let's try Windows Phone but also try Android" that the ex-Microsoft executive at the helm of Nokia says "No! - Let's put all our eggs in Windows Phone, let's kill Symbian and Maemo, lets not even try Android. We are going Windows Phone". So obviously Microsoft want him as CEO he has been the best ally for their phone platform they've ever had, now for him to be made the CEO of any other company? That would be completely ridiculous, unless of course you want to sell your company to Microsoft two years later for 1/3rd its worth.

Xtreme Guru

I would have preferred Stephen Fry

Name:	Ba4.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	131252
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh dear, why are the rich people who get to make decisions always so monumentally stupid? You give Microsoft 10 years under this clown and they'd end up as an Apple subsidiary or something.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The one thing about the shift to Windows Phone is that Elop was able to secure payments from Microsoft that Nokia used to help keep innovating without draining their coffers dry. Nokia was already on the downward spiral, but he at least slowed it a bit and the money from Microsoft bought time. Using Android instead of Windows Phone wouldn't have magically made things any different. Current phones that have been released (925, 1020) are doing pretty well in fact in terms of sales. Elop could have been worse, though I doubt he'd be able to make much of Microsoft.

Xtreme Member
    Nokia cash flow gone from 6.4 mld $ (nov 2011) to 3.x mld $ today. Elop burned 3 mld $ in 2 years ...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fottemberg View Post
    Nokia cash flow gone from 6.4 mld $ (nov 2011) to 3.x mld $ today. Elop burned 3 mld $ in 2 years ...
    Probably more then that. Because didnt Nokia get lots of cash from MS when they went WP only?
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Probably more then that. Because didnt Nokia get lots of cash from MS when they went WP only?
    Yes, MS sent 1 mld $ per year to Nokia during Elop kingdom.