As many of you know, about a year ago there was a belief that AMD would deliver a Steamroller based desktop CPU to plug directly into the existing AM3+ mobo and deliver a ~15% performance increase over Vishera on an equal clock-for-clock basis. The Steamroller socket AM3+ CPU seems to have been abandoned with AMD's reorganization. That however has not stopped AMD enthusiasts from wishing for a Steamroller based AM3+ CPU.

I suspect if AMD knew for sure that there was a substantial size market for a Steamroller based socket AM3+ CPU, they might still consider producing these, which would extend the useful life of the AM3+ mobos and increase the value to AMD enthusiasts who currently own an AM3+ mobo or who just want to continue to use AMD desktop CPUs vs and APU.

That being the case I decided to take a poll to see what the interest level is because if it's enough, I'd suggest that AMD give production of a Steamroller based socket AM3+ desktop CPU serious consideration.

Let's keep this to just an AMD discussion only. This isn't a debate over which CPU/brand/model is the best. This thread is meant simply to get some real numbers from the XS members to see what interest they actually have regarding a Steamroller based AM3+ CPU with approximately a 15% performance boost over the same clockspeed model Vishera and with the top end FX model (similar to the FX-8350 currently), having retail street price in the $200-$250 range.

If you post any comments with Intel in them they will be deleted. Let's keep this thread active and to a simply Yes/No response based on the above stated criteria.