Thread: [Rumor] Xbox one may feature additional volcanic islands Discrete GPU built on-chip

[Rumor] Xbox one may feature additional volcanic islands Discrete GPU built on-chip

I'm posting this with strong hesitation here as this is a wccftech article. Please take this with a grain of salt.

"So my question is, what do we still not know regarding the Xbox One? The answer is what could possibly be a super fast discrete graphics core stacked inside the main SOC itself. I know it sounds fishy when you first hear about this and the first thing to come up in your mind are, how did anyone not notice this in the first place? or Does AMD or Microsoft have the technology to even manage something like a stacked wafer design? Well, the Xbox architecture hasn?t been in works for just recently but it has been under consideration since some time.
    The technology does exist and first appeared in an AMD slide back in 2009. AMD has bet everything on their APU design and if they want to remain competitive on both x86, GPU and Compute sectors than their all-in-one SOCs are their best hope. Back in 2009, AMD revealed a slide that showcased their future potential designs for APUs, the slide starts off with a common PC setup we found these days that includes a discrete GPU and an x86 CPU. Next up is the first APU design which shows the GPU and CPU on a single die, after this we see optimization between both units which include a coherent memory structure and various other improvements which are referring to the Heterogeneous System Architecture which we would see in the next generation of APUs. The last stage is the most critical which involves exploitation of what more could be done and that is only possible through a full fusion of the CPU and GPU knowned as APD (Accelerated Processing Device)."

Read more: http://wccftech.com/rumormicrosoft-x...#ixzz2drGPWdkq
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Member
    Nobody gonna buy the XBone when the PS4 has better hardware and less software restrictions.
    M$ should react now if they want to sell it well.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jogshy View Post
    Nobody gonna buy the XBone when the PS4 has better hardware and less software restrictions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Never gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    wccftech is probably the least reliable website out there. I think their posts should not be allowed on this website. The guy just jumps on any rumor no matter how remotely true it could be and sometimes post a new article the next day that contradicts his earlier stories.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

At one point centurion was an over the top ridiculous rumor...
    Besides its fun to read/talk about
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Addict
    Why would Microsoft hide that fact and lose millions of pre-orders?
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

If it were true.... and we all doubt it equally, it may have to do with some form of NDA involving the volcanic islands tech?
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is what Microsoft means when it says Cloud Computing boosting performance, being online (with gold, netflix and every other subscription under the sun) they turn on the 2nd GPU and the frames really start flying.

Xtreme Member
    It's completely fake, the guy who wrote the blog they reference is some sort of crazy xbox fan who spent the last few months spamming various tech website forums with fake rumors about the xbone being more powerful than the ps4 and high end GPUs.

the masses have no idea on how things work or what hardware specs are. they will see oh i have a 360 so i should get an Xbone.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Everyone I know is getting XBone over the Ps4, and so will a lot of others. It's alllll about the games! So far for me titanfall and halo makes it an instabuy
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Cruncher
    Meh not true. I see both consoles doing very well, this dumb argument of which is better. People will pick the one that has the games they favor and of course I imagine many will want to keep their membership with whom ever. It is hard to say who will do better, but I am holding onto 230 shares of SNE waiting for it to hit 23+ dollars so I can walk home a happy man.

But still I see both consoles selling just fine.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    Everyone I know is getting XBone over the Ps4, and so will a lot of others. It's alllll about the games! So far for me titanfall and halo makes it an instabuy
    Exactly, game choices is what is going to draw someone to the console.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am Xtreme
    our office is mostly getting ps4 preorders with only a few getting xbox1 orders, and those individuals are preordering both anyway.

forced kinect, higher price, worse indie game selection. the only good thing we are seeing is titanfall, otherwise everything is a win for sony

hardware wise, im still seeing the ps4 having a decent lead, enough that might be advertised come holiday season when multi platform games are shown as clearly being graphically better on one console over another.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Member
    Am i crazy or does that "Hassan Mujtaba" -dude write a lot about made up bull rumours?

I think he is about as credible source as this guy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giorgio.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	131227
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    our office is mostly getting ps4 preorders with only a few getting xbox1 orders, and those individuals are preordering both anyway.

forced kinect, higher price, worse indie game selection. the only good thing we are seeing is titanfall, otherwise everything is a win for sony

hardware wise, im still seeing the ps4 having a decent lead, enough that might be advertised come holiday season when multi platform games are shown as clearly being graphically better on one console over another.
    Unless M$ pays developers to lock their IQ to the XBox1 max settings even if running on better hardware...
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Mentor
    Ace123, please stop with BS newz. Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    oh, i am tired of these wcccf stories

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriman View Post
    Unless M$ pays developers to lock their IQ to the XBox1 max settings even if running on better hardware...
    other problems come up then. if one console has more power but they both have the same IQ, then one gets better frame rate, so if M$ locks in the specs for 60fps and their max IQ, then the other console has enough spare power to also allow split screen co-op. and its tough to guarantee max fps, so a spike every now and then for one is smooth for the other. they cant possibly lock it down that well.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

I can only post 100% verified current event stuff if you want but it's going to get real boring lol.

If you don't like the article why not just ignore it and let the rest of us speculate? Nobody forces you to check every thread and read it and make a comment. It's a choice you've made.
    Last edited by Ace123; 09-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    This is what Microsoft means when it says Cloud Computing boosting performance, being online (with gold, netflix and every other subscription under the sun) they turn on the 2nd GPU and the frames really start flying.
    gpu has nothing to do with cloud computing. cloud computing is when MS computes FOR you, then send you the data.
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd