Thread: need help downgrading to windows 7

Xtreme Member

need help downgrading to windows 7

my aunt bought an acer Aspire V5-122P a week ago. it comes with windows 8 on it but she cant stand windows 8 and by all means wanted 7 on it. so i installed windows 7 64 on it and the install went fine except there is no wifi drivers for windows7. acers site has windows 8 drivers only and im having the hardest time finding out what exact card is in the laptop to maybe get 7 drivers off the company's site. i read a thread on acers forums and someone said they just used the windows 8 drivers but every time ive tried it say wrong operating system or something along those lines. do i have to do something to make windows8 drivers install on 7?
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Xtreme Legend
    Checking on http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/conte...t/NX.M8WEK.007 shows the wifi to be Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

Maybe you can find a driver or if it has rj45 port then hardwire and widows update (Both the UK and US support pages seem not to work at the moment here)
    Last edited by OldChap; 08-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

try classic shell for windows 8 instead of the change to 7.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris999 View Post
    my aunt bought an acer Aspire V5-122P a week ago. it comes with windows 8 on it but she cant stand windows 8 and by all means wanted 7 on it. so i installed windows 7 64 on it and the install went fine except there is no wifi drivers for windows7. acers site has windows 8 drivers only and im having the hardest time finding out what exact card is in the laptop to maybe get 7 drivers off the company's site. i read a thread on acers forums and someone said they just used the windows 8 drivers but every time ive tried it say wrong operating system or something along those lines. do i have to do something to make windows8 drivers install on 7?
    you can also find drivers by searching google for the hardware id
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Banned
    Win 7 is definitely not a down grade. Your aunt is very wise.

Windows system properties should identify the wifi adapter and add the proper driver if you use the "add a device" function from "computer" / control panel . You can manually add the drivers if it won't do it automatically for you, once you have identified the wifi unit.

Xtreme Mentor
    generally windows update finds drivers. did you try that?

EDIT: sorry i realized it might not have rj45 connection

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.