Thread: Windows 8 is an unacceptable security risk for companies and authorities !

Xtreme XIP

Post Windows 8 is an unacceptable security risk for companies and authorities !

Windows 8 is an unacceptable security risk for companies and authorities, experts warn the government !

German Government Warns Key Entities Not To Use Windows 8 !

According to leaked internal documents from the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) that Die Zeit obtained, IT experts figured out that Windows 8, the touch-screen enabled, super-duper, but sales-challenged Microsoft operating system is outright dangerous for data security. It allows Microsoft to control the computer remotely through a built-in backdoor. Keys to that backdoor are likely accessible to the NSA ? and in an unintended ironic twist, perhaps even to the Chinese.

Complete stories and sources:

http://translate.google.com/translat...20%26bih%3D887

http://investmentwatchblog.com/leake...links-the-nsa/

http://www.zeit.de/digital/datenschu...-8-nsa/seite-1

Surprise anyone ? Not me

that article has nothing to do with the NSA and windows overall. it is about the TPM platform and signed driver permissions (you can spoof both and the keys are made by verisign.) and the US gov has had back doors in windows since win95, you should never assume you are secure from gov spying with any commercial software or network.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    pick a distro http://distrowatch.com/
    Also, for you overclocking types http://www.overclockix.com/
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    Also, for you overclocking types http://www.overclockix.com/
    haven't heard about that distro before, thanks (was about to make one)

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    Wow!
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    from german expert, its a good point, maybe linux will inscrease soon in market share ...

Xtreme Member
    I would cancel my credit cards first rather than stop using Windows.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPrice View Post
    Exactly. Anything can be a security risk...if people use it.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPrice View Post
    But why ????

I would bet $$$ that most ppl would not know the difference between wondoz and Linux once the Linux OS had been personalized to look like MS
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I would bet $$$ that most ppl would not know the difference between wondoz and Linux once the Linux OS had been personalized to look like MS
    Is there a Linux distro that does this? Because that's exactly what it needs to gain popularity.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Is there a Linux distro that does this? Because that's exactly what it needs to gain popularity.

Xtreme Mentor
    Not the same, but close enough. What about aero?

Anyway, what distro?
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Not the same, but close enough. What about aero?

Anyway, what distro?
    ubuntu with customized XFCE

then there's this
    http://zorin-os.com/

And who needs aero when you have compiz

what linux really needs is developers who develop games to it, for office usage there's already libreoffice that's better than the Microsoft equivalent

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    what linux really needs is developers who develop games to it,
    what linux really needs is a good developer ide at the first place. still most developers develops libraries in windows environment and then build them in linux.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    ubuntu with customized XFCE

then there's this
    http://zorin-os.com/

And who needs aero when you have compiz

what linux really needs is developers who develop games to it, for office usage there's already libreoffice that's better than the Microsoft equivalent
    That's debatable. In some things, sure. In other things it leaves a lot to be desired.

Although I'm comparing to Office 2010. 2013 has a few annoyances that irk me, and the licensing retardation makes me loathe it entirely.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    ^Thanks Evantaur for answering the question so well

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That's debatable. In some things, sure. In other things it leaves a lot to be desired.

Although I'm comparing to Office 2010. 2013 has a few annoyances that irk me, and the licensing retardation makes me loathe it entirely.
    Thats the way I feel about all MS's latest products these days, and what really makes me fume is the way MS are trying to monetize apps/gadgets with the win8 store
    I tried using Windows7-USB-DVD-tool in windoz 8 the other day and guess what................it no worky

ppl are being forceed to use the W8 store to dl one of the available gadgets, and if your not VERY vigilant (custom instal) whilst installing said 'gadgets' you end up with all sorts of excrement being installed as well, thats when I wiped W8 that I'd been using since the last upgrade, re-installed a 'patched' W7 strictly for games and am now using Linux as my main OS, MS will never ever see another cent from me
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's