Thread: New Case Idea

Xtreme 3D Team

New Case Idea

Hello everyone,

I got this old reclaim machine because of the quality of the case. Its all aluminum and the panels are held on by screws. The fan works really good but the coil is in bad shape.
    I think a little sanding and some fresh paint it will look great. What do you guys think?

H 330mm x W 330mm x D 300mm

Last edited by Crabby; 08-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have fun with it, why not!
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

I am Xtreme
    If it has a hermetic compressor rather than a oil-less pump you will need to match the oil in the compressor to that of the system your recovering from. Some good evaporator cleaner should sparkle the aluminum and copper right ( I like the foaming type)..
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme 3D Team
    Most of the coil is fine but it is corroded and falling apart on that one side. I'm going to try some coil cleaner and see what it looks like before I try to match it up with a new one. I have an existing ss that I built and plan on installing in this case just can't reuse the condenser coil. Oh I mounted the fan/shroud to the coil and its loud. Wired a speed controller inline to slow and silence the fan but it howls on anything but high. It is a fan speed control, I just don't know if the fan is compatible with a solid state controller or if the fan is shot.