Decided to go with a dual loop res and pump top. That's another story, but WTF is this? I'm a fan (usually) of EK's quality... but whoever was cutting the delrin last week needs to be shot for both of these...

First up is the res... I have the single loop waterfall res... went with the dual loop one. I understand the design might be slightly different, but have some standards! Here is the comparison of the sides... note the lack of a groove between the "drive bays". My case happens to be one that USES that groove. Cutting it would not have interfered with anything internal to the res. I'll be cutting this one with a dremel (the res, not the case).

I'll give them the last one... designs change, whatever. Note the spacing though on the tapped ports. Using monsoon fittings on the new one hang way below the bottom of the res. The ones in the pic, with the monsoons mounted, are actually drilled HIGHER than the outer ones towards the edge. Compare with the single loop res in the distance.

Last but not least... and a pet peeve of mine because I buy this stuff, hating to drill holes accurately and expecting not to have to... the misaligned holes of the dual D5 (dual loop) pump top. WTH. I tried this multiple ways. Note the scratches from the screw. There is no other way to mount this. Can I leave the one screw out and not have a leak? I really don't feel like drilling that out because the tolerance is so tight and I'm really not that accurate. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but for like $85... it wasn't expected. There's some other shots to show the other holes all lining up except that one. (Ignore the scratch by the other pump as I was trying different positions with it.

So much for a quick re-plumb of the loop...