http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ZomZXpNuPPoJLQ

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    He's talking about Hardware.fr's guess :

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ZomZXpNuPPoJLQ
    Lawl.
    http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=446
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

http://www.3dcenter.org/news/erste-s...aii-grafikchip
    AMD Hawaii
    28nm-Fertigung bei TSMC
    ~430mm? Chipfl?che (+18% gegen?ber R1000/Tahiti)
    GCN 2.0 Architektur (R1000/Tahiti: GCN 1.0)
    DirectX 11.2 (wie R1000/Tahiti)
    4 Raster-Engines (+100% gegen?ber R1000/Tahiti)
    maximal 2816 Shader-Einheiten aka 44 Shader-Cluster ? in jedem Fall mehr als die 2304 Shader-Einheiten der GeForce GTX 780 (+37,5% gegen?ber R1000/Tahiti)
    Chiptakt (Hawaii XT): etwas mehr als 900 MHz (?hnlich der Radeon HD 7970, aber niedriger als bei der Radeon HD 7970 "GHz Edition")
    Temperatur-kontrollierter Boost-Takt ? die Karte wird ihre volle Performance wegen Limits f?r Temperatur & Leistungsaufnahme regul?r nicht ausspielen k?nnen
    wahrscheinlich nur ein 384 Bit DDR Speicherinterface (wie R1000/Tahiti)
    Vorstellung: 25. September 2013
    Verkaufsstart: wahrscheinlich Mitte/Ende Oktober 2013
    Verkaufsnamen: wahrscheinlich Radeon R9-290 (Hawaii Pro) & Radeon R9-290X (Hawaii XT)
    ??

Xtreme Member
    i spoke about 44 CUs + 4x ACE engines before month in this thread, it is nothing new here.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PedantOne View Post
    i spoke about 44 CUs + 4x ACE engines before month in this thread, it is nothing new here.
    A lot of people mentioned 44CUs, I said something about it sometime in July and again early Aug.
    44CUs was suggested when there was a codename or driver list that got posted mentioning a "40PRO" SKU.
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PedantOne View Post
    I spoke about Oreo cookies a few days ago so there's pretty much no reason to ever bring it up again ok?
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Member
    Wow! 37.5% SP increase and 100% RP increase with only 18% more area , great IF true. I am really looking forward to that 100% RP increase in Pro and LE versions too

PS: IS there a secret XS competition going on 'Predict and Win' ?
    Last edited by Tao~; 09-19-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Va fail, dh'oine.

"I am going to hunt down people who have strong opinions on subjects they dont understand " - Dogbert

Always rooting for the underdog ...

Tao I think what it comes down to is, everyone is hoping and praying that this is going to be bigger than it might be. A lot of people feel they have lost Amd as a competetive entity in the enthusiast CPU market, and with only Nvidia and Amd in the discrete graphics market, enthusiast are anxious for some good competition between the two here. Amd needs to knock one out of the park here
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Am I the only one who sees this going down just like Cayman did? Everyone gets their hopes up, finds out the specs were only 2/3rd what the specs claimed (because the die shrink wasn't ready for release), then we see the part holding those specs as the next gen (the 7970 was literally the exact specs we were hearing for the 6970)?

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, but just simply taking a look at the situation it's pretty possible. It's pretty similar in build-up, that much is for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Am I the only one who sees this going down just like Cayman did? Everyone gets their hopes up, finds out the specs were only 2/3rd what the specs claimed (because the die shrink wasn't ready for release), then we see the part holding those specs as the next gen (the 7970 was literally the exact specs we were hearing for the 6970)?

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, but just simply taking a look at the situation it's pretty possible. It's pretty similar in build-up, that much is for sure.
    You heard Cayman had 2048SPs and a 384bit bus?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    You heard Cayman had 2048SPs and a 384bit bus?
    Ah, well I'll be... Could've sworn I remembered the rumor saying 2048. They said 1920, so I was a bit off, but it's still a VERY similar situation we see going on right now. Guess it's true, once the kid is born your memory is the first thing to go!

As for memory bus, I don't recall that aspect being spoken about much during the build up to cayman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    There was one rumor that mentioned the possibility of a 384-bit bus for Cayman.
    Quote Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
    Will the 9000 series will be named Pen Island?
    Quote Originally Posted by eXa View Post
    GTX 650 Ti Ghz edition?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Can't blame AMD for that. Their reference models work great and are very well built.

Honestly it seems like every time that I see complaints like this its from some non-reference XFX card. You should always do your research before buying any non-reference model
    If you know me, you know I'm a great lurker and I try to have the more informations I can get before buy.
    I just didn't see any good feedback on this card especially with the OC.
    I got a friend who have a reference one and OC is not so good, especially past 1.25v (more juice give nothing, even with a good WB on it).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    You think you're the center of rumors world ?

As I already said to you, Damien don't give a shee about what you're sayin'
    Last edited by Olivon; 09-19-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Ah, well I'll be... Could've sworn I remembered the rumor saying 2048. They said 1920, so I was a bit off, but it's still a VERY similar situation we see going on right now. Guess it's true, once the kid is born your memory is the first thing to go!

As for memory bus, I don't recall that aspect being spoken about much during the build up to cayman.
    True, but that was also leaks mixed in with a canned higher performance ASIC.
    I was honestly asking because I really only remember the 1920 rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by iMacmatician View Post
    There was one rumor that mentioned the possibility of a 384-bit bus for Cayman.
    Like Dil, I don't recall that. I might have to go back through the Cayman threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    You think you're the center of rumors world ?

As I already said to you, Damien don't give a shee about what you're sayin'
    Nope, I was just suggesting that Damien isn't the only person who mentioned that transistor count.

It is just amazing that a couple of days after I post something, he posts something strangely similar that hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.
    Just like back in the good old days of the Inq, they were ripping off some of my speculation in the RV7x0 days.
    Not implying he is doing that but it is amusing to me.
    Last edited by LordEC911; 09-19-2013 at 09:26 AM.

This is the Tahiti die.

All the blue stuff won't get any bigger. That's 37% of the die or about 135 sqmm. That leaves 230sqmm to get bigger.
    From what we know (official sources) Hawaii die is ~430sqmm. I'm going to substract the blue stuff for the sake of it. That leaves us with 295sqmm.
    295/230 = 1.28. This gives about 30% more space to play with. That's atleast enough for +25% SP and 50% ROPs. Add to that increases in process efficiency (less spare transistors), architecture improvements => those specs are extremely possible.

At least 2560 SP and 48ROPs. That's the min you can expect. Since 7970 is ROP starved and OCing mem doesn't do much it won't get any slower than 7970+30%.

Xtreme Mentor
    Whatever the specs it better have a titan type cooler on it
    FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Addict
    Just a question. Will increasing the raster engine which I guess is the front end increase the size of the GCN cores or something else?

Will it be similar to cayman, where the cores themselves take up more space than before and as a result, no increase in cores actually occurs? Just more efficient use of the current cores?
    Last edited by tajoh111; 09-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lets hope the GTX 780's price drops.
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz| Corsair H100i | MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Edition | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2.4GHZ | eVGA GTX 780 | Creative Sound Blaster ZxR | Samsung 500GB SSD/4TB Storage | LG 14X BLu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX1050 | Corsair Air 540 | Asus VG248QE 144HZ Monitor

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    That and they release less cut down version of gtx and titan and give both cards a little more volts and a higher TDP limit.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    Why?
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Why?
    If AMD release a card strong enough to force a price drop it means both companies are competing at the top end again, which in turn puts more high end cards in users hands. The knock on effect is that these high end card sales get noticed by developers (mostly via steam surveys) and they raise the target specification of their PC games, as there will be a larger target audience able to enjoy them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    Just a question. Will increasing the raster engine which I guess is the front end increase the size of the GCN cores or something else?

Will it be similar to cayman, where the cores themselves take up more space than before and as a result, no increase in cores actually occurs? Just more efficient use of the current cores?
    Just guessing, but if the raster engine is a front end to the cores then it probably lives in the command processor and not the compute unit cores. A change there would change the size of the white part in the pic above.
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 // FX-6200 @ 4.65 (245x? 64bit os) 1.45v,2200 nb/HT //8GB Mushkin DDR3 @833 8-8-8-24 cmd1 1.55v // HD7850// Silverstone 650w // ~32inch portal // WDgreen and blue // Kingston v300 120GB SSD // watercooled with Swiftech storm rev2, Fez 240 , 655 pump not packed into a Corsair Obsidian 650D ///

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Wow that is a bad article.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Im thinking about BF4 with eyefinity..
    Last edited by Mechanical Man; 09-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast