15 or 29 or.....
    WOOOOOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriman View Post
    Titan... can we focus on the R9's?
    qft

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
    Titan is not a refresh, true.
    Titan was not late, because for that to happen you would have to have some proof that it was meant to be released earlier. If a company changes their strategy, for example to release GK104 first and GK110 later, this is irrelevant and not enough to claim delays. The only reference points for delays that we have and that ultimately matter are in respect to what the competition does. For example, GF100 was late because it was released 6 months after RV870. But if RV870 had not been released until say April 2010, how would one be able to tell if GF100 was late or not? Late compared to what?? We *need* a reference point.

By the timing set forth by Titans release AMDs response with Hawaii can be considered to be late:

Both companies released their first 28nm-GPUs within about 2-3 months of each other: GK104 and Tahiti
    GK110 and Hawaii are the addition to their lineups in the upper segment and they are direct competitors.
    Nvidia released GK110 for GeForce 11 months after GK104. AMD will have released Hawaii for Radeon 22 months after Tahiti or 7 months after Titan.

This is simple logic and mathematics. I suggest you find some solid arguments of your own instead of trolling without any.
    So now we are talking about "additions" to lineups, always funny to see fanboys trolls dance around semantics. Hawaii isn't a "addition" is a refresh, which Titan isn't. But i get it AMD is late because this time around Nvidia was able to put for sale it's full functional arc before AMD did a refresh of theirs, unlike fermi.

AMD launched a new arc (HD5000), Nvidia was late.
    AMD did a refresh (HD6000) even before Nvidia was able to launch a full working fermi.
    AMD launched a new arc (HD7000), nvidia was late, full working Kepler even later.
    AMD did a refresh... where's maxwell? oh i know woodscrew edition is going pop out Q1 2014

Your rationale is priceless. I guess AMD was late with HD 6000 too, i mean it launched 6 months after fermi!!! It wasn't fermi that was late! It was AMD!!! I guess you think AMD should have always a new arch ready for when Nvidia releases it's new late arc, even if they just released theirs a couple months ago, because that makes sense!

This forum used to be informational... now it's half full of people pretending they know something and then arguing and making even bigger arses out of themselves, and the other half are RedGreenBlue fanboy trolls...
    Having to read through 40 pages of bull to get half a page worth of info is annoying... Stop this nonsense people. PLEASE

Xtreme XIP
    Oh Boy ! Looky looky here

HIS Radeon R9 290X completely naked courtesy and source of expreview: http://www.expreview.com/album/28801.html#5

First one to discover v.mem and v,core volt mods will get a cookie , I already found the v.core ic and v.mem area for volt mods.

I do not know wich IC VRM Controller is this one I cannot find any information anywhere in the net :/ is a new one , v.core.

IR 3567B N330P J974

V.mem area I need better pictures.

Memory used is Hynix - SK Hynix 45G02H24ARR ROC 334A

And the big Hawai core

Last edited by chispy; 10-14-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Xtreme Member

Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5ghz
    Asus P8Z77-V
    8GB Crucial 1866Mhz CL9
    AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB
    2x WD Raptor X
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX
    NEC LCD2690WUXi
    Yamaha RX-V667 Receiver
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this is old Results We have already seen before
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My Opinion if this card R9 290X came only 10% faster than GTX TITAN
    This will be a very funny Because all this amplification and huge advertising and many leaks......but In the end give us only card 10% faster than GTX TITAN for me that will be funny
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Last Meal View Post
    This will be a very funny Because all this amplification and huge advertising and many leaks......but In the end give us only card 10% faster than GTX TITAN for me that will be funny
    would be hilarious funny at 10% faster and if only 499 to 599

Xtreme Member
    You just have too high expectations. Titan is a monster of a card.

I think the best way to compare development is performance/mm^2 or performance/watt. I understand from 7970 to R9 290X another of these has increased about 5%. Doesnt sound much but i bet it still took pretty damn lots of work. Stupid consumers propably have often problems to comprehend that.
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_d View Post
    would be hilarious funny at 10% faster and if only 499 to 599
    and will be 2x hilarious funny if it comes 10% faster and cost you 700 and we know that GTX 780 OC can get the GTX TITAN Performance and GTX 780 cost you 650.
    if this happens i don't see something spectacular in this card that make me buy it.
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Member
    there is nothing spectacular on 290X, it is power hungry and noisy monster with performance of 8 months old Titan, nothing more. But for better price.

Xtreme Member
    and will be 2x hilarious funny if it comes 10% faster and cost you 700 and we know that GTX 780 OC can get the GTX TITAN Performance and GTX 780 cost you 650.
    if this happens i don't see something spectacular in this card that make me buy it.
    what some 780 will oc to is meaningless as cards are reviewed at stock speeds, two i'm sure the 290x will overclock to

and nv trolls are not going to buy a 290x anyway

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PedantOne View Post
    there is nothing spectacular on 290X, it is power hungry and noisy monster with performance of 8 months old Titan, nothing more. But for better price.
    You should get used to them because you won't see anything new from both camps until 20 nm production is available in Q3/Q4 2014..
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Quote Originally Posted by PedantOne View Post
    I beg to differ. Given AMD's position as a struggling entity often fighting a losing battle on two fronts against two Very good opponents, the fact they can come back on the same node and deliver more power than the beastly Titan in some cases with less silicon is in fact, in my opinion, some level of accomplishment.
    It remains to be seen if they can somehow duplicate this accomplishment in the CPU segment, but expectations are low at this point.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by bill_d View Post
    what some 780 will oc to is meaningless as cards are reviewed at stock speeds, two i'm sure the 290x will overclock to

and nv trolls are not going to buy a 290x anyway
    surely the 290x will overclock to.....But the problem is you don't see the whole picture here
    If we are talking about the performance? we see this performance before. if we are talking about price? yes the price will be good Compared to TITAN card

We are not talking about nvidia+ amd fanboy! These guys just big noobs.....We are talking about The distinctive thing new in this card that came with price.....(Suppose the price is 700) And make you want to buy it like a maniac ?
    so in my opinion is.....nothing.

but Despite all what I say now we will wait to see the real performance when the review come
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    I beg to differ. Given AMD's position as a struggling entity often fighting a losing battle on two fronts against two Very good opponents, the fact they can come back on the same node and deliver more power than the beastly Titan in some cases with less silicon is in fact, in my opinion, some level of accomplishment.
    It remains to be seen if they can somehow duplicate this accomplishment in the CPU segment, but expectations are low at this point.
    But with eight months of delay ... What removes much of the credit you the dedication.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree with you

surely the 290x will overclock to.....But the problem is you don't see the whole picture here
    If we are talking about the performance? we see this performance before. if we are talking about price? yes the price will be good Compared to TITAN card

We are not talking about nvidia+ amd fanboy! These guys just big noobs.....We are talking about The distinctive thing new in this card that came with price.....(Suppose the price is 700) And make you want to buy it like a maniac ?
    so in my opinion is.....nothing.

but Despite all what I say now we will wait to see the real performance when the review come

You have some weird kind of humour, if a chip that is smaller, on the same node, delivers better performance for lower price at the same time bringing some new technologies to the table (like true audio), with advent of a new api (which WILL be used, at least somewhat) is hilarious to you, then obviously you are a weird guy.
    All this nonsense blabbing about it not DOMINATING a HUGE ASS CHIP on the same node is actually hilarious, unless someone believes in MAGIC.Im pretty sure both AMD and nvidia COULD produce even bigger and meaner things on this node, however i dont think that 400W power reqs, very low yield ,and water cooling required would bring them much $.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    This forum used to be informational... now it's half full of people pretending they know something and then arguing and making even bigger arses out of themselves, and the other half are RedGreenBlue fanboy trolls...
    Having to read through 40 pages of bull to get half a page worth of info is annoying... Stop this nonsense people. PLEASE
    Take out a dozen or so ATi fanboys and it's all good again.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    You have some weird kind of humour, if a chip that is smaller, on the same node, delivers better performance for lower price at the same time bringing some new technologies to the table (like true audio), with advent of a new api (which WILL be used, at least somewhat) is hilarious to you, then obviously you are a weird guy.
    All this nonsense blabbing about it not DOMINATING a HUGE ASS CHIP on the same node is actually hilarious, unless someone believes in MAGIC.Im pretty sure both AMD and nvidia COULD produce even bigger and meaner things on this node, however i dont think that 400W power reqs, very low yield ,and water cooling required would bring them much $.
    Come on man!! You are joking !! Tell me you're joking !! are you sure that true audio is a new technology? true audio just a propaganda . if you believe that mantle is here to develop games and support Game developers to make things better? than You are very wrong. mantle found only in order to knock out the competitor (nvidia) and not like what AMD said " Mantle is found and supported to provide best solution to game developers which lead to new experience in games"......this is rubbish. you can return to some of AMD statements that said " when BF4 works through Mantle,Titan well be a joke" when you hear such words do you think they are after support for game developers or to break their only competitor, this won't be understood by anyone except for those who have been following the story from its beginning (Mantle). there is a difference between winning with your own work and winning by breaking others with unfair methods.
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Addict
    Come on man!! You are joking !! Tell me you're joking !! are you sure that true audio is a new technology? true audio just a propaganda . if you believe that mantle is here to develop games and support Game developers to make things better? than You are very wrong. mantle found only in order to knock out the competitor (nvidia) and not like what AMD said " Mantle is found and supported to provide best solution to game developers which lead to new experience in games"......this is rubbish. you can return to some of AMD statements that said " when BF4 works through Mantle,Titan well be a joke" when you hear such words do you think they are after support for game developers or to break their only competitor, this won't be understood by anyone except for those who have been following the story from its beginning (Mantle). there is a difference between winning with your own work and winning by breaking others with unfair methods.
    Please tell me you are joking...

True audio with hundreds of 3d positional audio channels is relatively an impossible feat at this point in time with current implementations.
    Mantle is here to support Devs, aka they asked for it and AMD delivered it.
    Mantle doesn't break anything, it has no affect on Titan performance, to think any different means you do not understand these technologies at all...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Member
    The good thing a bout nvidiots, is as soon as you own a couple, a dozen come out of the woodwork to bury facts with ignorant propaganda. This thread is a nvidiot thread crapping festival.

So AMD is winning by breaking others with unfair methods because Nvidia will continue to use Directx and opengl.

Nvidia paying to remove content from a game when not running a nvidia card, Nvidia paying so that a game have absurd amounts of tessellation so that a Nvidia card looks better is ok, AMD developing something that improves the performance of it's cards is not ok.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can we get back on topic and stop people calling nvidiots, please? Post reported, btw. It has to stop at some point.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Please tell me you are joking...

True audio with hundreds of 3d positional audio channels is relatively an impossible feat at this point in time with current implementations.
    Mantle is here to support Devs, aka they asked for it and AMD delivered it.
    Mantle doesn't break anything, it has no affect on Titan performance, to think any different means you do not understand these technologies at all...
    first, I didn't see your reply on the points I mentioned above, and you didn't say anything about what AMD stated on Mantle..you only replied with one simple phrase without any proofs..which means you simply have nothing..zero
    to make things clear AMD supported Mantle, and AMD payed 8M USD to develop it, and to become entirely compatible with its cards, and to embarrass the competitor with Mantle performance.

so we don't make this discussion longer than it should be, when the results of AMD card and Nvidia card with BF4 + Mantle shows up, I'll come back to you and remind you of what I've said before " Nvidia cards will be negatively affected by Mantle"
    WOOOOOF

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast