Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killer Single Stage - Turns Autocascade 19300 Btu rotary build

Xtreme Member
    Hi bartx,

Wondering how your Autocascade is working out? An update would be nice.

Kevin

Xtreme Member
    In fact I was a bit lazy to finish it in 100% and show the pics, but unit is working pretty nice since I had built it. On the most cpus temps are around 65-70C negative, it's perfect for benching on Ivy Bridge or Core 2 Duo.

Unfortunately unit has one issue - captube often gets clogged. I have this unit in my cellar, ambient temp is around 15C, low ambient temp lowers pressure inside the unit and I believe it's the reason for clogging. It's pretty annoying, temp can rise up to -50C and then suddenly goes low up to -70C.

I'm planning small rebuild in December - shortening 2nd stage captube and charge it with cooking gas/ethylenne mix. I'm suprised about availability of ethylenne, Linde company in my city had even two 3.7kg in stock some time ago. Cost of this bottle is around 90 euro + 0.3 euro per day for renting the bottle. And I have to buy a proper regulator. Too bad, that I have only one unit to charge. Is there any option to transfer ethylenne to empty refrigerant bottles? I know, that it's high pressure gas, so I will probably need a lot of these bottles I simply don't want to pay this rental fee for a long time.

Even if it won't be possible, 130-140 euro (including regulator) seems to be not that much, 3,7kg of ethylenne will give me a lot room to tune the unit.

http://www.bartxstore.com/- Standard and Extreme Cooling Components

I am Xtreme
    You can purchase bottles from some companies, but many do like to hook you for the rental charge. I got some bottles of different gases that are at least 30 years old, that would be a lot of rental fees .Most of the time you can just shell out the money for a new bottle and get it filled.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123