Thread: XFX R290X CF - Unable to adjust voltage?

XFX R290X CF - Unable to adjust voltage?

Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone has come across this - basically bought 2x XFX R290X's pretty much day of launch so early batch.

Now it was too hot and loud so decided to re watercool my entire system and now that I have, I cant seem to get adjustment for voltage.

I have used Afterburber 3.0.0 v17, I have ticked the flags for voltage adjust, reset and retested. Nothing.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed the AB software and removed pervious cfg files.

I tried Asus GPU tweak with same results. Wondering if anyone came across this?

Basically I was hoping to add some volts now that the cards do not reach over 45c and have a 1100-1200mhz 24/7 clock as default volts max at about 1085.

I haven't tried to mod the bios or change the bios (aside from trying the first 2 steps using uber/quiet switches).

Any ideas? I am thinking of loading up another bios that has some extra settings but really I have not done much with ATi bios since my last card which was a 5970 so not keen on bricking it - though have read that you can just switch to other bios and off it goes if you muck it up.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom."
    -- Chinese Proverb

XIP
    http://kingpincooling.com/forum/show...7&postcount=10

You can try Asus ocbios with gputweak

Xtreme Addict
    Apparently this comment was removed off from guru3d, but whatever anyways this is the best I can do for you.
    And seeing that it was removed this will be the last time re-post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwinder
    Guys, I've just noticed that in beta 17 database we unlocked voltage control for reference VGA BIOS only. So those who flash third party BIOS are out of luck. We'll remove reference BIOS restriction shortly and upload updated new version.
    In meanwhile, while revised beta 17 is not uploaded experienced users may unlock voltage control in current beta 17 by adding the following lines to hardware profile file (.\Profiles\VEN_1002.......cfg):

[Settings]
    VDDC_IR3567B_Detection = 30h
    VDDC_IR3567B_Output = 0
    VDDCI_IR3567B_Detection = 30h
    VDDCI_IR3567B_Output = 1

Xtreme Member
    What...XFX went so cheap as to not even use the reference card's CHIL chip? that's cheap and messed up...just send those cards back and get MSI or PowerColor or something. XFX lowered the bar for build quality...what an embarrassment to AMD.

Sorry if your an XFX fan, but they have made some of the worst non-reference cards I've ever seen. They tried to be what EVGA is to Nvidia and failed.
    Last edited by DefStar; 11-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    if you want to use afterburner for voltage simply back up your bios and flash with a msi bios
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax