Thread: Why are there only tumble weeds!?!?!?!

Xtreme Mentor

Why are there only tumble weeds!?!?!?!

man I go live up in the mountains for 6 years and come back and this forum is decimated and riddled with scandle! what hath come of this place! I lament!

I gues I got some hard cor catching up to do!
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme 3D Team
    If I wasn't so lazy I would help clean up some of these weeds.

Xtreme Addict
    See them tumbling down............. Pledging their love to the ground.......... Lonely but free I'll be found........ Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds.......
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie007 View Post
    See them tumbling down............. Pledging their love to the ground.......... Lonely but free I'll be found........ Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds.......
    Sing it Stewie !!!

-150c Club Member
    I wish I could help liven things up by starting another tutorial or project thread, but I took on a pretty big job offer back in February and it's got me all tied up (doesn't look like it'll be changing anytime soon). But this is a good thing in my life, so it's well worth it. Unfortunately the stuff I'm working on is proprietary, because if it wasn't you guys would be very excited to see it

BTW here's my solution to the tumble weed problem...
    Michael St. Pierre

• Worked 15 years for Polycold Systems
    • Now Self-Employed
    • Manufacture Heat Load Controllers
    • Also do contract service work on Polycold units

Side note: I usually don't respond to PM's or emails regarding the projects that I post in the forums. I feel it's much more fair to all, to answer questions within the forum topics themselves.

Xtreme Mentor
    well good to see some life!
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah, all the scams/drama pretty much killed the phase section off. Also factor in that this forum has gone from 160-200 active members at a time to just 50-60.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Administrator
    Yeah Ron needs to get some build logs up here, I know he cranks out like one every other day

I know Niko just built a sweet 2 stager and hopefully he will post something up soon.

-150c Club Member
    *tumble tumble tumble*

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've been walking down this lonesome town and yes the tumble weeks have taken over. The major needs to liven things up, a fair perhaps???

Mind you though, a lot of other oc forums have been pretty quiet recently.

Xtreme Addict
    Tablets and cell phones have taken over

Most people don't do heavy duty computing anymore... Its not a dead market, but face it.... you don't need an overclocked computer to play angry birds and surf the web...^_^

Heck, cell phones and tablets are taking over the picture taking responsibilities (sadly, because they compress the images so severely so that they're of an acceptable file size...)

Edit: And I forgot about game consoles....
    Last edited by Stewie007; 07-08-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie007 View Post

Edit: And I forgot about game consoles....

BINGO! And I knew this one for a while. Because "console" really means PC stuffed in a box with HDMI out these days.
    Hell the components are all familiar to us, AMD cpus/graphics, nvidia, and flat panels (LCD-TV) have leveled the playing field.

Then, I can go rent games from redbox, netflix, buy them, borrow. etc. And I don't have to install or build anything at all.
    And, I can take the system, easily, to a buddies house and play multiplayer zombies...

From their point of view, why would any meathead go out there and spend 2-3 times a much money to play COD (say it like the fish.... CODDDD.).
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3309663...Types&var=sbar $299 System, game, 2 controllers, 320GB.

This has all added up to us losing alot of gamers, who in turn might want to do something crazy, like refrigerate their CPU.

As much as I dislike consoles after super nintendo and gensis, they have something going... but personally, I have a PC connected to my LCD-TV.
    I build random things for fun.