Thread: Ack! Need a Lappy Recommendation (Please Read Carefully First)

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict

Exclamation Ack! Need a Lappy Recommendation (Please Read Carefully First)

So my parents asked me to help them shop for a laptop, but I know very little about them so I thought you guys could help. They want me to go to Costco tomorrow (this Saturday) and look at laptops with them.

Its for my mother, and she decided she doesn't want a desktop. She needs something mobile but until now she didn't know any were powerful enough to do what she needs to do. Huge catalog projects with the Adobe suite, involving vector imaging, HUGE pictures, and each project can be big enough to fill up an an entire hard drive.

So she needs something powerful and fast with a good video capability, with separate video ram that doesn't bottle neck... so probably DDR5?

Docking station - She has a big Dell LED screen, big Wacom Pad, full keyboard, and speakers to hook into the docking station when she's working at home on her desk. When she brings it to work or to a client, she needs something mobile so she can show them her work and make on the spot changes with the customer.

Someone told me those full docking stations are being phased out because of lack of demand, and that really worries me, because she definitely needs one and wants one.

I was told ASUS, Sony, and Lenovo have the best quality right now... but other than that I know nothing and this is kind of short notice.

Sorry about the short notice but can you guys help me out?
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 07-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.