Thread: Random - useful web browser add-ons

Xtreme Cruncher

Random - useful web browser add-ons

Hey guys,

I have been using these web-browser add-ons and meant to share them with y'all as I thought they were useful. All are free apps. Anyone else got some good ones?

AdBlocker - Google Chrome Only (for now)
    Blocks all advertisements - including on pandora and youtube. Works great.

Ghostery - Every major browser and some more minor ones
    Stops your browser from requesting items from known tracking services. Many times you won't even know it's working as it's non-intrusive, but it does show you the number blocked on each page. It's nice being tracked a little less

HTTPS Everywhere - FireFox and Chrome only
    Changes your browser requests to the encrypted equivalent. It is still very much in development as they work with more sites to make encrypted equivalents, but it does work well. I haven't noticed any broken pages or slowdowns. (BTW - Can we get XS an encrypted equivalent? I'm more than happy to help write the rule set to make it appear on HTTPS everywhere...)

Comments on these? Any other good ones?

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Adblock Plus - Was on firefox first, now also on Chrome. Been using it for a while now. Blocks Youtube ads and I put a custom filter to block all facebook tracking stuff too

OpenDownload - one thing (and the only thing!) I missed from IE was the ability to just run a downloaded program directly instead of saving it first and cluttering the downloads folder for that item that you install once and forget about. This puts that option back.

TrackMeNot - I don't have a tin foil hat, but I figure for zero annoyance to me I might as well let this little addon muddy the search engine waters for me to make it harder to see what exactly I'm doing on the web lol
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Does adblocker plus outperform adblocker, or is it different in any meaningful way? (I really don't know...)

TrackMeNot is also a really cool idea... I might have to use that in addition to my other 3... Going to do some digging.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

I've never compared them but Adblock seems to work quite well. I think it was the original for Firefox.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64