Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Intel Haswell Processors Not Selling Well?

Xtreme Mentor
    BD and PD are total failure so I hope Steamroller will bring real improvements.
    Even with minuscule jump on x86 on each generation, Intel is far far away from AMD.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    FP will be irrelevant soon. it will be done as Opencl on the GPU's
    We would need some extremely drastic compiler changes... I don't see that happening soon.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    We would need some extremely drastic compiler changes... I don't see that happening soon.
    I don't see that happening ever.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

When the focus of game development is performance on the console APU's do you honestly believe the game developers will rely on intel compilers to squeeze performance out of AMD's APU's and unified memory?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There are loads of compilers out there, made by lots of companies, AMD makes compilers too. Just because Intel is very good at making them doesn't mean they can ignore OpenCL and no one will use another. You won't see the results soon, but with both new consoles having HSA I'd imagine you'd see something leaning towards using OCL over FPU before the PS4 ships.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345