Thread: Modmat Xtreme - By Modright

Modmat Xtreme - By Modright

A little over a month ago I picked up a Modmat Xtreme ($59.99) from FrozenCPU and quite happy with the product, I have seen other cheaper mats at Frys and online and passed on the purchase due to small size or thiner/cheaper material.

My desk space is large and having a smaller mat was pretty much useless, something would get set set on top of my old mat and lost for months at a time rendering it useless.

That has changed with the Modmat Xtreme, as it takes up 90% (47" x 23") of my desk space and never gets lost. I tend to clean things off it and use it as intended a bit more often.

Another thing I noticed is when I take pictures for facebook and posts people usually point it out with praise, kinda odd but it has happened a few times now and people are asking where I got it.

The Modmat Xtreme is a thick rubber mat (about 2mm) that is rolled up tightly in a box, I was concerned about it being rolled tight but after about an hour it lays flat with no issues at all.

I have spilled drinks on it and it cleans up nicely, I have soldered on it and dropped balls of solder that do not burn through. I have not used a razor blade on it but I am sure that would damage it beyond repair if someone was to be careless in cutting on it.

The Modmat Xtreme is printed with lots of useful information;

• Pin outs from the power supply
    • Water cooling tubing size chart with ID/OD
    • All CPU sockets from Intel and AMD
    • Radiator sizes with hole spacing and dimensions
    • HDD and SDD sizes with hole spacing for both 3.5" and 2.5"
    • Vandal switch Wiring guide with sizes
    • Rules in both millimeteres and inches

Even though I have lots of unobtanium in my office, people usually gravitate towards the Modmat and touch it.

the Modmat Xtreme comes with wrist and alligator clips, I use the alligator clip attached to my monitor base for grounding, this keeps the mat grounded and my entire work area static free.

Modmat also makes a smaller mat called the "mainboard" that is 23" x 23" for $39.99

I would highly recommend the Modmat to everyone, it is great for PC builders, modders, electronic technicians, or anyone who needs a surface that will not damage the finish on whatever you are working on.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I think this thing is slicker than puppy do!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Legend

PI in the face
    in for 1 or 2, makes cool gifts
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots