Thread: My First Thuban (Total Score) Non-BE 1075T @4.2

Xtreme Member

My First Thuban (Total Score) Non-BE 1075T @4.2

I got this CPU, 1075T NON BE, from family who did not know how to update the BIOS on their ASUS M4A79T Deluxe to run it. He has a 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ that I had set up for him in it currently. So this CPU sat around for almost two years before anyone finally got to use it. I tossed it in my Gigabyte UD7 and it clocked right up without any real effort at all. Just bump up NB and CPU VID and bang 4.2 @ 280x15 and that is not the end of it. I will say the heat this thing puts out is incredible. At an ambient outside temp of 50f with the house heat off the room this thing is in gets uncomfortably hot. My case/system is a little ridiculous. Its a very old server case from a Data General Unix Machine (AVIion Model Days if anyone is familiar). I do motorcycle (sportbike) body for living so I modified the case to handle modern parts. I has 4 3-Fan (220MM? I think) Swift Tech Radiators with 6 80MM (Approx) old school Delta 36 Volt Monster fans. These fans are very thick and are loud as hell and crazy at 18Vs. They can be run anywhere from 18-36V.. I could fly a frikkin kite at 18v.. I think that 36V would blow the system over (Which probably weighs closer to 80lbs with 7 HDDs) The setup can run passively with no fans but when I do that the CPU Temp creeps up into the high 40s low 50s. If I turn all 6 fans on (They have their own PSU) then it will knock the CPU temp down from 55c to 25c (Usually landing at 1C above the mobo thermistor) in less than 3-4 minutes. Prior to this CPU the H20 system was just overkill and still is but at least I can see it doing something now. It served no purpose as the CPU I used to have (955 BE) would not ever see temps above 37c with no fans running. At least now with this setup the 1075T makes good use the ability this H20 system has. Its been so long since I put it together I don't recall all the names of the parts I used - I do remember really liking the CPU block for a "budget" block. Its the EnzoTech Saffire Series Extreme or something to that effect.. don't recall the exact name. Nice look square blue/copper/steel locking block... At the time I had used many of the blocks out their (Swiftech, Koolance etc) and this one in particular was really good.

Anyway, check out the screenie - I didn't go nuts on stability testing... I ran OCCT for a couple of hours along with LinPack. It was fine with that. This system doubles as gaming machine and server until I get the actual Linux server built. I am always running two Linux CentOS virtual machines that server a couple of web and email domains. This keeps my system loaded a good bit so just running for a few days is a good test. If I game those VMs stay up so the system gets hammered pretty good. So far no crashes. People think I'm nuts for running OC'd servers but what the hell, it is my personal machine as well and this way the OC actually pays for itself. If they aren't stable I throttle them back. So far this has been up 24/7 for about a month... no reboots or blue screens and its been through benching the new cpu, 3DMark 05/06/Vantage, Occt, Stalker, Crysis 3.... a couple other games.. you get the idea.

In the screen shot you'll see the two CentOS VM running sucking up crazy memory. CPU load shown is a bit on the low side compared to average (12% or so)..

I am assuming this is a pretty good clock for these - especially a non BE - But I wanted to see what other folks thought..

System Specs:

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-FX970-UD7 (I think thats the model - its the flagship AM3+ board - or it was a year or so ago)
    4x2 Gigs Corsair 1866 9 10 9 Memory
    1075T CPU
    Old HD4850x2 plus a single 4850
    7 Hard Drives (2x2GB Mirror and a couple of stripes)

H20 System
    Home Made Pump and Reservoir
    Daily Desktop Custom Built - Modified Data General Server Case

Asus M4A79T Deluxe | 955BE C2 Rev | 4GB OCZ DDR 2000 @ 1600 6 5 6 1T | 4850x2 + 4850 w/MCW60 | CPU on H20 w/ Enzo Sapphire l Custom Built Pump and Res Combo 1/2 Gallon! | 4 Swiftech 320mm Rads with 6 All Aluminum Delta Fans with their own PSU - Finger Loppers - for real!

Literally, CPU&GPUs are almost always at ambient therefore heat ain't limiting sh|t.

Xtreme Guru
    4.2ghz is pretty good for 24/7. think the highest i've seen was 4.4ghz. i don't see a picture however so i'm not sure of the volts you are running. i assume under 1.475 if it's a really " cherry " chip. happen to remember the stepping and date on it? an o/c'd server is fine as long as you can ensure stability. what nb u running? i'm sure u can squeeze 2.8-3ghz out of it at about 1.35-1.375v's.
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That voltage is insane, i know that that's not in the spirits around here, but if you would drop just 100mhz there's a big chance you could drop V A LOT, last 100mhz on thubans are always not really worth the effort, however, im pretty sure u can run NB at 2,8-3,2Ghz , probably 3.0 being the sweetspot, i was doing 2929 at 1.3v ,and all this would give u higher performance with lower overall powerconsumption/heat

EDIT
    I just saw ur running it at 2800, try 3.0 at around 1.32-5v
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB