Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF4 features 64 players and commander mode

Xtreme Addict

BF4 features 64 players and commander mode

Lol, how do you feel BF3 players about this? Almost ten years after BF2 we finally get 64 players and commander mode, again.
    EA is a rather smart company, because trolling so many people for so long so many times really needs lots of cunning.
    Don't stop giving them your money though, BF5 might bring something new.

Obvious question: why BF3 didn't feature a 64 player multi? Why not commander mode?

Xtreme Addict
    Ummm, BF3 on PC does have 64 player multi.... The comander thing is interesting, as long as they have the class's/squads setup like BF2 did....
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Xtreme Mentor
    bf3 has 64 players but it is unplayable due to client side hit detection. also answer to the question why bf3 doesn't have this or that is because it is a console port (as all we know :P).

and also voip they confirmed voip for pc.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtremeish
    El Mano, even though its really cute that you are able to keep up with the EA hate, please be more diligent about your knowledge. 64 player has been there since BF3 came out.

I wonder if Commander mode matters anymore, I remember the BF2 players talked about it during clan battles, but I kinda think EA killed that demographic when they simplified the game.

Kromosoto, 64 player is not unplayable... and I would know, have spent my share of hours on it. Everyone knows that it's a bit dodgy, but apart from that it's not game braking.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    Kromosoto, 64 player is not unplayable... and I would know, have spent my share of hours on it. Everyone knows that it's a bit dodgy, but apart from that it's not game braking.
    unplayable is a strong word i admit but it is not good. because of client side hit detection everyone's computer specs are important. i am playing @50ms ping average and i died a lot of times 3 seconds after hiding behind a cover. yes it is playable but makes people mad at least me

Xtreme Addict
    El Mano, even though its really cute that you are able to keep up with the EA hate, please be more diligent about your knowledge. 64 player has been there since BF3 came out.

I wonder if Commander mode matters anymore, I remember the BF2 players talked about it during clan battles, but I kinda think EA killed that demographic when they simplified the game.

The 64 player rant was about the console game, PS3 has a 24 player limit. What I meant to say is, if they can do it now, why couldn't it before.

As for the rest, Kromosto is right. DICE is well known for that crap of a net code of theirs. Rubber banding everywhere, it freaks me out. And it just happens to many people.

Since you call me EA hater I should call you EA lover, do you like that better?

Xtremeish
    But you are a EA hater... not that it's uncommon or necessarily unjust. It's just how you present what you dislike or what faults you happen to come by, why on earth would you even care about console limitations in a PC Game sub-forum on a Xtreme-Computer forum? It only makes sense for mindless rants.

I simply do not care about other individuals feelings towards products when it concerns objective facts, because discussing that only leads to pissing contests.

1. We know why consoles are unable to participate in 64-player battles, they are under powered. Even a desktop PC with a dual-core CPU of any brand would struggle with this.
    2. Yes, again... the netcode is not flawless. It is not only noticeable, but a well known issue. However saying it's: "game braking", is ridiculous. My personal take on this is that it is no worse than the equally if not more complex Planetside 2, and that is exactly what I expect of such games until our Internet connections improve.
    3. Commander position, I never played much BF2, I therefor haven't missed it, but I completely understands the voices of the BF2 players that do. No questions asked.

Similar issue to the BF3 32-player console limitation:
    Planetside 2 are one of the titles that launch with the PS4, it would never run nicely on a PS3 unless you had your own servers and limits on players which would not make sense in this game at all. A battle after all can easily surpass 64 individuals making most desktop computers sweat.
    Last edited by Kallenator; 06-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    Lol, how do you feel BF3 players about this? Almost ten years after BF2 we finally get 64 players and commander mode, again.
    EA is a rather smart company, because trolling so many people for so long so many times really needs lots of cunning.
    Don't stop giving them your money though, BF5 might bring something new.

Obvious question: why BF3 didn't feature a 64 player multi? Why not commander mode?
    Mano BF3 has 64mp mode but no commander that why the guys said on the conference that "as a feature that all been requesting"
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

c[_]
    Wonder if dirt bikes are DLC for BF4..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Dont foget "weapons" packs.....
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Wonder if dirt bikes are DLC for BF4..
    Quote Originally Posted by screwtech02 View Post
    Dont foget "weapons" packs.....
    dont forget the best dlc

"crouch dlc" - want to crouch?
    "drivers licence dlc" - gotta have it to drive cars
    "reload dlc" - you have to learn how to reload somehow

lol.. loved bfbc2 somuch but still have yet to play bf3 becuase ea is so stuborn and moneyhungry.

In BF4 new water scooter. to be fun in game.
    Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | MSI Z77A-GD55 | Gigabyte GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD | Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8-8-8-24 1,35V | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | 26" LCD SAMSUNG T260 | ColerMaster HAF X | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit CZ | > My new PC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iSpTVMhLA

Xtreme Mentor
    1920*1080 resolution dlc is reasonable and >60 fps add-on would be a good step forward

Xtreme Cruncher
    1. We know why consoles are unable to participate in 64-player battles, they are under powered. Even a desktop PC with a dual-core CPU of any brand would struggle with this.
    [...]
    Similar issue to the BF3 32-player console limitation:
    Planetside 2 are one of the titles that launch with the PS4, it would never run nicely on a PS3 unless you had your own servers and limits on players which would not make sense in this game at all. A battle after all can easily surpass 64 individuals making most desktop computers sweat.
    Since when were 64 player games hard on CPUs...? I don't remember ever having issues with Battlefield 2, Joint Ops (Which was 150 player games) when I was using my single core P4.
    CRUNCHERS
    Main 920@3.99GHz 12GB DDR3 NVIDIA 480GTX Back-UPS NS 1250
    Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 4 x NODES 2 x 2.4GHz E5530 24GBper node,Total 8 x 2.4GHz E5530 96GB
    Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 4 x NODES 2 x 2.13GHz L5630 16GBper node,Total 8 x 2.13GHz L5630 64GB
    DellServer 2x L5420 (4core) 8GB ECC DDR2
    Server 2x 2GHz Sossaman's 4GB ECC DDR2 (RAID 6 4x2TB Samsung F4 HD204UI 2x2TB WD Red) - under loonym
    SkillsServer 2x AMD 6-core 6GB ECC DDR2 XenServer || Zipples AMD 940 4core
    Sammy 3 2x 2GHz Sossaman's/4GB || Sammy 4 2x 2GHz Sossaman's 1GB ECC DDR2
    PART TIME CRUNCHERS
    Cruncher 4 950@3.06GHz 3GB DDR3 EVGA 275GTX ASUS 260GTX EVGA260GTX || Sammy 5 Supermicro 2x Dual-Core Xeon 2GHz/4GB/80 Server 6014L-M
    Athlon II x2 3 GHz 4GB DDR3 320GB RAID1 + 320GB Backup
    CSHS_CISCO CRUNCHERS http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...cg&name=828782
    5x (AMD FX 8120 (8core) 8GB DDR3 Running through XenServer ||AMD FX 8120 (8core) 4GB DDR3 2xRadion Cards Intel i7 950 4GB DDR3
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=458094 http://allprojectstats.com/su1429018x5--1-2.png

Xtreme Addict
    You obviously have little idea about the gaming scene, you haven't been around the PC gaming scene for long, have you?
    Dude, back in the day we had Doom lan games using 486 and 386 CPU's. Whatever, meet MAG. Up to 256 online players, PS3 exclusive. Still think a PS3 could not handle 64 player games? People just got scammed by EA with BF3.

2. Yes, again... the netcode is not flawless. It is not only noticeable, but a well known issue. However saying it's: "game braking", is ridiculous. My personal take on this is that it is no worse than the equally if not more complex Planetside 2, and that is exactly what I expect of such games until our Internet connections improve.
    DICE's network is crap, is pure . Go to their forums. Even BFBC2, which was a fun game, had terrible rubberbanding problems. Just google it if you don't believe me.

3. Commander position, I never played much BF2, I therefor haven't missed it, but I completely understands the voices of the BF2 players that do. No questions asked.
    Agreed. There was BF and BFBC, the first was PC and had many players (64), commander mode and it felt like a strategic game where you could plan, communicate and have team action. Then there was BFBC for consoles (and eventually PC) which didn't have any of the above and it was more like CoD with vehicles. Then came out BF3 and had nothing of BF and all of BFBC. BF3 should had been named BFBC3.

Why can't PC games have more than 64 players still?

Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    lol.. loved bfbc2 somuch but still have yet to play bf3 becuase ea is so stuborn and moneyhungry.
    Same here.

I don't know how good Turkey's infrastructure is, but in Australia, BF3 is fine for latency issues. Some of us have decent connections and don't get this 'rubber banding' that so many others seem to.

Also, the last version to have commander was 2142.. It was released on October 17, 2006 in NA. It had 64 players on the PC version. So I don't know why you'd make a reference to BF2 commander mode? Doom had a max of 4 players. I fail to see your point there.

If you don't like the game, genre or the fact EA is the publisher that's fine. DLC is optional.. They often release the DLC for free some time after it's commercially available.
    Last edited by Voodoo Hoodoo; 06-13-2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: remove my initial flaming of person who uses the word retard.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hoodoo View Post
    I don't know how good Turkey's infrastructure is, but in Australia, BF3 is fine for latency issues. Some of us have decent connections and don't get this 'rubber banding' that so many others seem to.
    infrastructure is good also i have a 50mbit fiber which can easily download full speed at german servers. i know download speed does not have much on latency but as i mentioned i have 50ms average ping. never played on a server >60. imo rubber banding issue is because of client side hit detection. if they make server side they can make pc's 128 or even more players without a problem.

c[_]
    You can have 50ms and still get rubber banding if there's a bad hop somewhere.

Voodoo, what DLC's has EA released "for free" for BF3?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    You can have 50ms and still get rubber banding if there's a bad hop somewhere.
    one of the reasons of it is this yes but because of client side hit detection probability if this happening increases because when somebody shoots at me his client decides if i got hit or not, if i am dead or not. so not only my bad hop also other persons bad hops begin to effect me too, also other persons computer specs begin to effect me too.

Xtreme Addict
    My friends and I used the have a BFBC2 server here in Spain. My ping was between 30-40 and still I had issues.
    Every other game works just fine. It's all DICE's crap net code.
    Last edited by El Mano; 06-14-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    BF3 simply put, wasnt fun to play.

Bf4 well hope still is alive.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Member
    http://www.gamefront.com/battlefield...dding-support/

no modding for BF4.. a console game at heart. is anyone surprised anyway tho?
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    My friends and I used the have a BFBC2 server here in Spain. My ping was between 30-40 and still I had issues.
    Every other game works just fine. It's all DICE's crap net code.
    Ive never had this issue and ive done prob 150hours of game play

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    Ive never had this issue and ive done prob 150hours of game play
    Good for you It is a problem nevertheless for many people, check this out:
    More than 180.000 results, videos, etc.
    I'd say it's a well documented issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip_J_Fry View Post
    http://www.gamefront.com/battlefield...dding-support/

no modding for BF4.. a console game at heart. is anyone surprised anyway tho?
    Hey Phil! I thought you left the forums.
    I guess EA will repeat that "users too stupid to mod this game" bs.
    Last edited by El Mano; 06-14-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    DICE have always struggled with netcode and that's a fact. Whether you've noticed it or not is another question... Planetside 2 destroys anything they've put out networking wise and does so with way higher player counts to boot. This has been my chief issue with all of their games since 1942. 2142 was the worst of them all, anyone who's played 32 players or higher in Titan mode knows what I'm talking about.

Its just painful to play when players have hugely varying latencies and degrees of choke / packet loss. Having a stable connection yourself isn't enough as it doesn't prevent others clients from reporting/recieving poorly.

As far as BF4 itself, I do like some of the ideas they are revising, namely the refined/improved BC2 destruction mechanics. They did mention that maps can break down into severely with extended play so if servers allow insanely high ticket counts it may be an issue. You start with a sprawling downtown and end up with Saskatchewan :p

I just hope overall they take what they learned and release an experience more akin to BF2.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 06-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast