Thread: My CM Sniper - heavy modded including a fully internal 360 rad.

Xtreme Addict

My CM Sniper - heavy modded including a fully internal 360 rad.

Hello!
    I like bugs, and so I wanted to paint my case in a wasp fashion. I conceived this rig as a gaming build, with no need for DVD/HDD drives. The build is not finished yet but I already have some pictures I can share with you.
    I wanted my build to be fully internal so I had to mod my case quite a lot. I think this is the only Sniper with a completely internal 360 rad.
    Paintjob is still not finished as I want to use some vinyl decals, but it's already looking good.

The CM Storm Sniper is an ATX case, which means there is not much room for rads and stuff.
    Sorry for the pics, I only have my cell phone and I totally suck as a photographer.

First of all, I disassembled the whole case until only the bare chassis was left. I took measures and cut off the upper panel to attach the 360 rad:

Another shot:

Then I used a carbon fiber sticker to give it a better look:

After that I started to build the case again. Handles needed to be riveted again. I had to cut the grill so the handles could fit in their correct place since the frontal handle and the HDD jail share the same rivets.

This picture shows the case with its handles riveted back in place. Awful picture, sorry.

In this pic you can see the 20cm frontal rad and the Norprene tubing. I was testing sizes and positions to make sure the rad was compatible. It wasnt But that only meant more modding was needed I cut the jail and tested again, and this was the result:

Another picture showing the rad and mobo already in place. You can also see the first Vortex fan of a total of three. I love them, they are quiet, have great performance and look great.
    Notice how the 360 rad invades the first 5" bay. There's really no room for any kind of HDD/optical drive in this build.

You can also see the custom engraving Eric@DT Waterblocks did on the CPU block. Great job, thank you very much!

More pics later.
    Last edited by El Mano; 06-01-2013 at 09:58 AM.