Thread: Need a laptop/ultrabok asap

Xtreme Enthusiast

Need a laptop/ultrabok asap

Well my main reg broke down today, My Evga 780i that I got back in 2007 main PCIE x16_1 port is not functional any more.... well it's about time... and I cant force display from any of the other ports without a custom BIOS and that's not available and I cant write one my self
    so any way I'm with out a reg and writing this from an Asus Tichi I got for my mum on mothers day.
    the plan is... buy a laptop for around 2k-2.5k $ and save for the next 7 months and wait for haswell and see what AMD got under there selves on the GPU market..
    So I was looking around and I'm gonna use this laptop mostly for video editing, design, causal gaming and virtualizing for some testing environments and work related stuff ...
    At first the Asus zeenbook caught my eyes and then I found the Toshiba Kirabook but no dedicated GPU made me sad also more RAM would be nice but the screen droool....
    "also I should mention this I need something mobile so I can keep using it out side the house even if have a full desktop at home." so mobility is important.

any way I kept looking around and I found this Mackbook pro I have never owned a Mac before always dismissed them as over priced and low on specs but.... looking at the past example this one is actually has better specs in most areas and at the same price..
    I mean dedicated GPU check, High res display check, Core i7 Quad check, at least 8GB RAM *although I would like more* check, mobility check.....

So I'm really thinking about it what do you guys think?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    mmmm ~250 views, no one cared to share an opinion on the mater ;/ ?

Banned
    MSI has just released updated GX70/60 models that might do what you desire?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/m...-gx60-laptops/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AMDforME View Post
    MSI has just released updated GX70/60 models that might do what you desire?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/m...-gx60-laptops/
    it's a bit large don't you think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk View Post
    it's a bit large don't you think?
    Yes if you need it for travel. I inquired if they planned to offer a 14" version and they said: No.