ok, heres the issue.
my son in laws laptop switch was bad. i started looking it over to try to repair/replace it. once i got it open and started looking things over i noticed the piece that the switch plugs into the laptop portion was pretty damaged, as you can see in the pic below.
in the 2nd image, is an image of what the connection is supposed to look like.

as you can see on the image on the left, the piece i need to solder to, doesn't have anything to actually solder onto. it's bare board.
i've checked the backside of the board and there is nothing there that lines up with the top portion.
left (1st) image, right side.
2nd image, the first should look like that, minus the piece that the switch cable plugs into isn't there.

I need to figure out a way to run a switch, i have plenty of momentary switches i can swap out to use, but there is nothing on it to solder a new switch wire to.
as said, there is nothing on the back side of the board that matches or lines up.
i need some sort of idea or suggestion on how to go about getting this done so it can be functional.
any questions, please ask, any input is greatly appreciate.

oh yea... i posted in here because no one ever reads the area this might be best fit for..... hoping for a quick reply and possible fix.

thanks