Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolutionary GPU Cooling - Alphacool NVXP Titan

Xtreme Addict
    Definitely interesting, but I can't help but think there's a quite a few points of failure present. Not just the possibility of leaks, but also the trickiness of making sure each copper plate is at the right height. And any reusing would have to happen at the manufacturer, because I can't even begin to imagine an end-user getting it right.

I suppose I'm also a little surprised that the reduced copper use significantly outweighs the increased labour costs.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Xtreme Addict
    Looking foward into this new kind of FC bloc !
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Enthusiast
    From the looks of it they screw in, you can change the height on a per block basis by adjusting the actual height of the base of the block in that area. You can even see this being done in two places in the existing design. It appears that unlike the other parts that screw in from the inside the core block actually attaches from the outside. I assume this makes it easier to mount with what ever o-ring design is under that. What does confuse me is that I do not see a lot of cooling for the gpu core in the pics but I think I am just misunderstanding something.

Can we get some pics of the gpu core plate removed and the other copper cores taken out. It would be nice to see how the block is without them and how they are by themselves.

This truly does look like it will be a great interchangeable design which will usher in a new age of gpu cooling thanks to dramatically lowered upgrade costs. Really the only thing to worry about is the o-rings that I am sure exist on each of those copper inserts and the possibility of them breaking over time so hopefully they will remember to sell replacements of those in addition to spare copper cores ect.

One last question, will it be possible to have a nickle plated option for this type of block design? Especially given how long the core parts will ideally be getting used many of us will want to have a nickle option for better durability and b/c of the way nickle reacts in our loops.

Xtreme Member
    The inner parts are height adjustable for better contact yes, so getting this height right is the complext part of the DIY waterblocks but its being looked in to.

As for coating Nickel / gold / black nickel etc are fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If there is some way to simply make it so you can not continue turning the copper in after a defined point then we should be good as far as ensuring proper contact heights.

In theory a specialized insertion tool could be created to give an end user direct feedback to the depth they have driven the contact plate instructions could state insert contact plate to a depth of XX.x and the user is able to easily identify that they have set the proper depth. Such a system would make the technology more assessable to users.

Xtreme Member
    Bit of a random Teaser for you http://youtu.be/SZi1rgU3K6s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    That company really needs to get someone with a better camera hand and better means of showing off a block rather than random movements around it on a towel.

Xtreme Member
    Haha it was a reviewer/tester that made the video
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ι would also say better music...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12