Thread: Upgraded to Verizon FiOS digital. Impressive.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Upgraded to Verizon FiOS digital. Impressive.

So Verizon offered me a fiber digital package over my current one. The only reason I switched is because it'll save me $30/month. Internet speed was boosted but the only downside is I have to add the area code in even if I make a local call. I have to dial the full 10 digits if I'm calling outside the area code. No big deal. Maybe with these new speeds youtube and imdb will stop lagging. lol

New rig: INWIN D-Frame, i7 4770k @ 4.7 Ghz/1.38V, Swiftech H220, MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, Team Vulcan DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, Samsung 840 pro 256GB, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair 850W
    Old rig:Antec 900/GIGABYTE GA-X38T-DQ6
    E6750 @ 3.5 GHz/Thermalright 120 extreme/MX2
    CORSAIR Vengance 8GB
    PNY 8800GT/Thermalright HR-03 GT

Old, old rig: FX-53/GIGABYTE K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra/1GB CORSAIR 3200XLPRO
    X800XTPE/WD 74GB Raptor/250GB Caviar

Xtreme Enthusiast
    YouTube lag is unfortunately a Google issue. I've had Fios for years, and it's only gotten worse. There's a problem with their server routing and they are aware of it but so far no resolutions. Also it's a lot more rare to be in an area where you DON'T have to dial the area code, you've been lucky You'll enjoy the speed boost, just makes everything smoother.

Xtreme Member
    I thought Verizon's official response was it was a router issue? I believe this year their new routers solved it, and every old router has a firmware update. I don't believe it's Google's fault.

Either way, jealous over here! I probably pay the same for 30/5 from TWC as you guys do for at least double the bandwidth.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As the population of cities grow more and more phone companies require full 10 digit # dialing.
    I paid for 7 up, 1 down with Earthlink but I get 15-1. TWC I paid for Turbo (20 up) and got 12 up.