Thread: Kingston KHX26C11T2K2/8X on the Z77X-UD4H testing

I am Xtreme

Kingston KHX26C11T2K2/8X on the Z77X-UD4H testing

So Kingston brought out a few high speed kits, and almost all of us know that they use a lot of hynix/micron based chips in their memory, however their 2666mhz C11 kit is actually based on samsung. Being based on samsung means that they can run tighter timings at certain speeds when compared to hynix, however at the disadvantage of not being able to clock way high. Let's see what happens when we push this 2666mhzC11 samsung based kit.
    First some pictures, it is a very nice looking kit:

Now for the initial testing. A word of advice on the gigabyte Z77 boards, this kit need the data read and write slew rates set to 2 or above to become stable, otherwise XMP will load but you might not have full stability until you change the slew rate which is more optimum for samsung and PSC(slew 2+). i used slew rate 4 on the UD4H, the UP7 only needed slew rate 3. it will differ board to board which slew rate to set, however I have told giga to try and make it default on Z77 that this kit is slewed to rate 2 or above.

This is XMP profiles that is loaded on the board, on giga's z77 if a 26x divider or higher is used for memory it defaults to t2(cr2).
    Now here is the kit with the T1(1.65v):

Now let's OC a little, first off let's see if we can match the timings of other 2666C10 samsung kits, I did change up the memory timings, you can see the memtweakit:

Yes it worked, not bad. (1.7v)

How about at 2800mhz? First I tried T2 with the default XMp timings(more timings changed):

First pass at 2800mhz with this IMC and samsung! (1.7v)

T1 wasn't much better, not only that but I wasn't very stable. (1.75v)

Now this is my maximum memory frequency at 1.8v:

I will do more testing when next gen CPU results are allowed.

Thanks, and if anyone else has this kit it would be nice to see!
    Last edited by sin0822; 05-12-2013 at 06:22 PM.