Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BE AWARE IF going to buy ARMA 3 alpha

Xtreme Member
    EDIT

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by tet5uo View Post
    Yeah screw bohemia forums. They don't want discussion there.

I post a few issues, or perhaps some feedback and get insulted and trolled by the regulars there. They get no warnings. I get infractions for flame-baiting and banned from their forums.

The mods there are just hardcore Fanboys and don't care if you break the rules as long as you aren't saying anything that might be considered negative about their game.
    this is so true
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Quote Originally Posted by gongo View Post
    This is my Arma3Alpha.cfg

GTX 680 stock clocks on Nvidia driver 314.22.
    gongo i go to edit map and game ALONE on the middle of the BAY and get drops from 60 to 44 and so on, its not nearly playable and laggish wich is the motive i complain and they are not fixing it, game with those graphics cant consume so much so its a bug or bad programmed stuff, for me is this last...

Thanks either way for the settings
    Sergio
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This might be stating the obvious but it's Alpha so yeah it's gonna be way broken for a good while yet. If you bought an alpha product and expected it to be polished up and playable it's kinda your own fault. Going to their forums and just saying "game broken, plz fix" is not constructive feedback for an Alpha or even a Beta product either so speaking as someone who has beta tested a dozen or so games the last few years it's not surprising you got flamed as a troll.

You want the game to work and perfectly support tri-sli and all that then wait for the retail version to be released and only if it still sucks just as bad then can you realistically get away with "broken game, plz fix" type feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    This might be stating the obvious but it's Alpha so yeah it's gonna be way broken for a good while yet. If you bought an alpha product and expected it to be polished up and playable it's kinda your own fault. Going to their forums and just saying "game broken, plz fix" is not constructive feedback for an Alpha or even a Beta product either so speaking as someone who has beta tested a dozen or so games the last few years it's not surprising you got flamed as a troll.

You want the game to work and perfectly support tri-sli and all that then wait for the retail version to be released and only if it still sucks just as bad then can you realistically get away with "broken game, plz fix" type feedback.
    its not a normal alpha that u try and u have 1 week to play its colaborative ALPHA so you can say what you want on any thread and post your feelings and complaints...i payed for and i should have total freedom to post all bugs and stuff i find...just that forum is ugly full of fanboys of a game that look autocad

they dont accept the truth so be it im very sorry buying the game but i learn my lesson well with them
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member
    From my experience, it's not only going to take quite a while for performance improvements, but they aren't going to be massive improvements at all.

The release of the paid alpha is because they are cash-strapped and ARMA III is no where near a stable version. Bohemia is ran very, very poorly.

There's no proper chain of command to follow and people run rampant. Who remembers DayZ's "October" release date?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfox View Post
    From my experience, it's not only going to take quite a while for performance improvements, but they aren't going to be massive improvements at all.

The release of the paid alpha is because they are cash-strapped and ARMA III is no where near a stable version. Bohemia is ran very, very poorly.

There's no proper chain of command to follow and people run rampant. Who remembers DayZ's "October" release date?
    i see every day or every 2 days 86MB - 400MB - 180Mb updates...but performance still the same drops and lags like mad
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    i see every day or every 2 days 86MB - 400MB - 180Mb updates...but performance still the same drops and lags like mad
    The problem is, even with new versions, the RV engine is a mess.

Xtreme Member
    "For example if you set video memory to high in game it actually limits it to 512mb LOL. The way to fix it is to set it to "default" in game, and set -maxvram=2048 on command line."

Have you tried this, andressergio? Use that if your video card VRAM is 2GB each, or adjust if different.

Be careful with your view distance setting... in ArmA 1 the normal was to set it around 3000 to 5000, my cpu struggled with anything more... if you're doing 15000 or higher that would really put a strain.

From my decades of playing computer games, there has always been a significant FPS hit with games that allow the freedom to roam vast territory. For example, World War 2 Online [which changed its name to Battleground Europe]. That game allows you to go anywhere on the map without loading zones... but once there is a lot of action in a specific spot the FPS always drops heavily. I see the same impact here with ArmA, it is not easy to compare these types of games to games that limit the size of the map you play on.

When you were complaining about ArmA 3 Alpha, you let too much of your frustration leak out in insulting the game... you need to understand that and not feel so offended that you got insults back.

XS News
    This should've been a huge red flag to anyone when a company releases an "alpha" for a game and charges on it. Given this companies track record for past 5years, when I heard them releasing ARMA3 alpha, it immediately sounded to me like they ran out of money. Everyone blankets their trolling statement as "ITS ALPHA LOL", that shouldn't automatically mean your going to pay to not play a game. Then it should be clear your just doing a donation and not buying a physical product.
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Quote Originally Posted by gongo View Post
    For what it's worth, I get *massive* speed increases when I turn down Post-Process to the lowest level.
    Something is seriously broken with the way they're doing bloom and depth-of-field.
    I will be disappointed if performance in the final product remains the same, but for now I'm not overly worried about it. They've been talking a lot about how they are optimizing the performance and it will scale better than ARMA 2 did.
    Let's hope that they make good on those promises.
    If not, then I'll just turn down a few settings and wait for the good mods to come out.
    THIS is a good comment at last someone who understands correctly they are promoting the goods over arma 2 when game runs like crap
    Last edited by andressergio; 05-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Thanks for ur reply

But i dont agree on ur last line mate i participate on PCars wich is pre alpha and comunity also and NO ONE gets mad when u say for ex this build runs crap compared to last and give details...
    Problem of arma is fanboys and bad educated ppl and lack of serious mod...hey before i was posting they where bashing new ppl for complaining also so...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member

Looks like we have a mod from the Bohemia forums here, lol.

My posts were constructive, the people on those forums are not.
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Looks like we have a mod from the Bohemia forums here, lol.

My posts were constructive, the people on those forums are not.
    yes cauz it told them i will comment on the forum for they're bad attitude
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaMerc View Post
    This should've been a huge red flag to anyone when a company releases an "alpha" for a game and charges on it. Given this companies track record for past 5years, when I heard them releasing ARMA3 alpha, it immediately sounded to me like they ran out of money. Everyone blankets their trolling statement as "ITS ALPHA LOL", that shouldn't automatically mean your going to pay to not play a game. Then it should be clear your just doing a donation and not buying a physical product.
    yes exactly mate mean ALPHA dont mean that u have to suffer the game, i dont know if you tried but is like 3DMAX draws that u can move horrible really and the fun part where u edit the map and choose soldier and u can take a walk and admire some parts of the graphic engine goes to 33fps ON my TRI SLI of GTX680 !!! and since day 1 they had like 100 updates...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

another warning like a month i dont say a word and first comment i got a warning its incredible never seen this before

This time i released my anger to the mods in a NON polite way and direct to bohemia also
    Last edited by andressergio; 06-03-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why do you even keep posting there, you complain about the same things as a month ago they respond the same, just seems a waste of time for everyone involved but that's just me. Besides again I can see the mods point, the post you appear to be replying to is about audio what do your complaints about FPS have to do with it... And by the way yes a lot of people would be happy to see a frame rate of 40-60 since we don't all run tri-sli you know and that's a totally playable range of FPS too.

Why do you even keep posting there, you complain about the same things as a month ago they respond the same, just seems a waste of time for everyone involved but that's just me. Besides again I can see the mods point, the post you appear to be replying to is about audio what do your complaints about FPS have to do with it... And by the way yes a lot of people would be happy to see a frame rate of 40-60 since we don't all run tri-sli you know and that's a totally playable range of FPS too.
    its like always man sometimes u have the need to say something i never ever see a guy in a forum say "im happy to play on 40 to 60fps ACCEPTING that game is crap" so just take my nervs off u got me

and for what u say i understand that i have tri sli FOR THAT Reason i complain i play at 33fps in lots of parts...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    its like always man sometimes u have the need to say something i never ever see a guy in a forum say "im happy to play on 40 to 60fps ACCEPTING that game is crap" so just take my nervs off u got me

and for what u say i understand that i have tri sli FOR THAT Reason i complain i play at 33fps in lots of parts...

I agree with you that the Bohemia Forums for ArmA are a complete waste of time due to fanboys, excessive moderation etc.

However, did you really expect tri-sli to work flawlessly in an ArmA game, an ALPHA nonetheless???
    AFAIK, most triple-A, super-hyped games get a driver update/patch week(s) after release to properly support multi-GPU systems, even just dual cards. Even then, there are still issues (FC3 MP for example). When using a multi-GPU system you should probably develop a high tolerance for $hitty optimization and assume the worst case (I ran GTX 570s in SLI so I can relate).

To expect an ArmA alpha to support tri-sli and then to constantly complain about it is just arrogant though, I mean come on, it's the Bohemia engine where optimization and performance = .
    Gigabyte z68 UD3
    2600k @ stock
    8Gb G Skill
    2x eVGA GTX 680 @ stock
    Intel 320 80Gb
    Intel 320 120Gb x2
    Intel 320 160Gb x2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolslave View Post
    To expect an ArmA alpha to support tri-sli and then to constantly complain about it is just arrogant though, I mean come on, it's the Bohemia engine where optimization and performance = .
    lol the Engine fully works with SLI since Arma 2 OA.

I can easily get artificially high GPU usage of 99% on all 3 GPU's if I increase the resolution to 5760x1080 and crank up the post process.

It's not the SLI support that's the problem here. It's the CPU usage, leading to less draw-calls sent to the GPU's, meaning the same FPS at 800x600 as I get at 5760x1080.

SLI support has nothing to do with the game's problem.
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Quote Originally Posted by schoolslave View Post
    I agree with you that the Bohemia Forums for ArmA are a complete waste of time due to fanboys, excessive moderation etc.

However, did you really expect tri-sli to work flawlessly in an ArmA game, an ALPHA nonetheless???
    AFAIK, most triple-A, super-hyped games get a driver update/patch week(s) after release to properly support multi-GPU systems, even just dual cards. Even then, there are still issues (FC3 MP for example). When using a multi-GPU system you should probably develop a high tolerance for $hitty optimization and assume the worst case (I ran GTX 570s in SLI so I can relate).

im not trying to be rude or whatever mate but honestly even on non tri SLI the game runs awful, i edit a map and go there and get 33fps to 60 with lag
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

lol the Engine fully works with SLI since Arma 2 OA.

I can easily get artificially high GPU usage of 99% on all 3 GPU's if I increase the resolution to 5760x1080 and crank up the post process.

It's not the SLI support that's the problem here. It's the CPU usage, leading to less draw-calls sent to the GPU's, meaning the same FPS at 800x600 as I get at 5760x1080.

SLI support has nothing to do with the game's problem.

maybe is that mate yes
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Addict
    Im running it with all the bells and whistles with High FXAA / 2800 view distance and it works fairly nicely at 2560x1440. View distance makes it chug more than anything for me. Also crazy high amounts of AI as well ( like 30+ units in a small area )

I've made a few scenarios so far and have enjoyed it. More so than ARMAII ( I don't play MP myself ) The subtle refinements make it feel more polished and less clunky than its predecessor.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

A THING ARMA3 SHOULD HAVE

AND YES I COULDNT TOLERATE THEM ANYMORE LOL so..

ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member
    Dem #$&#&/...no words to describe that POS service man. :/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast