Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BE AWARE IF going to buy ARMA 3 alpha

BE AWARE IF going to buy ARMA 3 alpha

Guys

The purpose of this thread is not to bash the game nor the devs or anything just let u know what happened to me

Some months ago i bought ARMA3 ALPHA that was promising on the readings and pics, i even posted pics here
    Now...i started to test as its my nature all dev branches and reporting, everything was fine till i see no improvement at all, i mean since months the game is unplayable even on my tri SLI system due to bad optimizations so multiplayer and so with textures, u low textures and works as bad as at max settings so i reported and i started to be bashed and insulted...EVERY post results on words like troll, stupid and 100 more things that if i say here i have the mod over ma head in seconds cauz we are a serious and friendly comunity...this seems not at all. Also EVERY new member that buys the product is bashed over and over.

The drop that filled the glass and made it drop was that for 100 time i reported bugs and the moderator put me and infraction for rules when some lines to the bottom u can see all that words i say above, i tried to correct and made another post i made a mistake in the meantime the warn gone real...I talked to him and i was threatened...So i asked whats the purpose of this forums then ALL FANBOYS of arma or they receive the product free ? i had to pay it like 47 dollars...
    Today again problems with mod and that was all i submit a formal complaint to Bohemia Interactive with screens and all proof and asking a refund...

U make your choice, its not only my case, its happening with EVERY new member

Sorry if its long but its the pure truth

Cheers to all mates !!!
    Sergio
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme Mentor
    i was thinking to buy this game but after reading your comment i won't. if it is ok for you i want to write an email to them and show them this post.

and believe me this is not the only company has this kind of community management. like kaspersky believe me they maybe worst then this also volvo i think they completed their transformation to became a total Chinese company (i am not bashing all the Chinese companies don't get me wrong).

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    i was thinking to buy this game but after reading your comment i won't. if it is ok for you i want to write an email to them and show them this post.

and believe me this is not the only company has this kind of community management. like kaspersky believe me they maybe worst then this also volvo i think they completed their transformation to became a total Chinese company (i am not bashing all the Chinese companies don't get me wrong).
    show him please i wont enter that forum anymore too much violence to new ppl and ppl like me that i bought the game thinking it was a colaborative ALPHA like Project Cars...

Thanks for your support mate !
    Cheers
    Sergio
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Addict
    Come on, it's Bohemian Interactive.
    They can't code , ARMA 2 was terrible. This is no news, had you played ARMA2 you would know this guys just can't make a decent game.
    This is like Ubisoft, you will never be 100% happy with what you bought. There will always be a problem.

it was a 2+2 obvious this is the reply i received from BI studios

Subject: [IDEA-GAMES-RT #50216] I WANT A REFUND FOR THIS GAME and not for the game but ppl on your forums

Hello Sergio,

Thanks for your email. We have reviewed the forum threads you started or
    contributed in, and did not find any instances of serious abuse. The
    replies generally refer to your feedback not being very constructive
    rather than attacking your person.
    Here is a link to a Spanish-speaking Arma forum that you may find
    useful:
    http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=topics&s=67

There is unfortunately nothing we can do about refunding Steam
    purchases, you will have to contact Steam support for that.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Mentor
    i sended them an email they know they lost one customer

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    i sended them an email they know they lost one customer
    Thanks kromostro i keep receiving sarcastic comments on the forums as the mod now stated "that will not tolerate bad words etc" aint that a thing that should be first on the rules ?...either way i wont read more that forum im very used to help and be helped here

Cheers man and believe me the game is unplayable aint fun at all, its like a drawing on 3Dstudio MAX that u move thats the truth...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

again reply from them

[IDEA-GAMES-RT #50216] I WANT A REFUND FOR THIS GAME and not for the game but ppl on your forums
    Hide Details
    From
    matousek via RT
    To
    andressergio@yahoo.com
    Hello again, Sergio,

While we agree that some opinions in that thread may mildly border on
    the need for moderation, none was deemed serious enough to really
    require it.
    We assure you that all our forums are properly and actively monitored.
    We are sorry if you feel offended, but as stated before, most replies
    refer to your feedback not being very constructive rather than attacking
    your person.
    As such the threads will stay as they are.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme XIP
    Shame on companies like this , sad to see it going that way :/ , and here I was thinking about this game a few days ago , guess I will never get this game , thank you for the updated report. I have had similar situations with Ubisoft , I am still waiting on my free PROMO code to work for Far Cry Blood Dragon and Ubishop/Ubisoft are giving me the run around without a solution for my problems. This is one more game company that I will add to my No... No ... list. Great to hear feedback from a serious and kind person as you Sergio. Buena suerte ! They will loose customers based on feedback trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by chispy View Post
    Shame on companies like this , sad to see it going that way :/ , and here I was thinking about this game a few days ago , guess I will never get this game , thank you for the updated report. I have had similar situations with Ubisoft , I am still waiting on my free PROMO code to work for Far Cry Blood Dragon and Ubishop/Ubisoft are giving me the run around without a solution for my problems. This is one more game company that I will add to my No... No ... list. Great to hear feedback from a serious and kind person as you Sergio. Buena suerte ! They will loose customers based on feedback trust me.
    Thank you Chipsy u know me i always try all, and do good testing and i bought the game based on what they said on their site and the pics look real good, but OH MAN when i get it i wanted to die cauz the game its like i said seems 3DMAX studio and u move it

right click pics and hit open

this is one of the insults i receive

and this poor guys just bought the game and look first reply of the forum to him

and here is the moderator attitude threaten me

Maybe its not too bad for some but for me that payed the game and wanted to TRY to give a feedback and let others know what they will face its horrible its like U BUY U DONT LIKE U CANT POST HERE IN OUR FORUMS AND FORGET THE MONEY

Cheers to all !!!
    Sergio
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Addict
    I actually see the point of the guy's that are insulting you, obviously they are rude, however it is ALPHA and there will be massive problems. Only thing you should be doing at this point is reporting problems, you really should not be complaining about how it sucks and what not.

They are calling you a troll because you complaining about a game that is only in Alpha stage as if it was the final release.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNutz View Post
    I actually see the point of the guy's that are insulting you, obviously they are rude, however it is ALPHA and there will be massive problems. Only thing you should be doing at this point is reporting problems, you really should not be complaining about how it sucks and what not.

They are calling you a troll because you complaining about a game that is only in Alpha stage as if it was the final release.
    I understand mate but im complaining there due to they're attitude this is just a part of the messages and posts...im complaining cauz they released a ton of fixes and they dont fix the most important one...movement...no matter WHAT PC u have or settings low or ultra it behaves dropping FPS to 32 or 33 sometimes 19 and ppl get mad if you say that...To resume u r not allowed to talk of arma 3 cauz its ALPHA ? but i payed good money for it...they shouldnt release it so raw u know what i mean ? See project cars its pre.alpha and its a pleasure it acts like a finished game and u complain but u dont get rude comments just like here on xs
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Addict
    I get what your saying about the rudeness, It's not necessary but it tends to go with the territory when gaming and competitiveness are involved.

I had similar frustration with ARMA2 DAYZ mod. However I figured out you really have to tweak the cmd line, and video memory settings to get it to work well.

For example if you set video memory to high in game it actually limits it to 512mb LOL. The way to fix it is to set it to "default" in game, and set -maxvram=2048 on command line. Wow when I done this all the performance
    problems went away.

You need to look at it this way, you pre-ordered the game it's not released yet but they gave you early access to the ALPHA. You only have the liberty to complain when the final release is out and not working properly.
    The game has to make it through ALPHA then BETA, to get to release. At alpha it's two whole steps away from release quality.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNutz View Post
    I get what your saying about the rudeness, It's not necessary but it tends to go with the territory when gaming and competitiveness are involved.

I had similar frustration with ARMA2 DAYZ mod. However I figured out you really have to tweak the cmd line, and video memory settings to get it to work well.

For example if you set video memory to high in game it actually limits it to 512mb LOL. The way to fix it is to set it to "default" in game, and set -maxvram=2048 on command line. Wow when I done this all the performance
    problems went away.

You need to look at it this way, you pre-ordered the game it's not released yet but they gave you early access to the ALPHA. You only have the liberty to complain when the final release is out and not working properly.
    The game has to make it through ALPHA then BETA, to get to release. At alpha it's two whole steps away from release quality.
    Thanks mate
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

That's just messed up. Never had a problem on the forum, but I have to admit I haven't went there as of this year. DayZ may have something to do with the people and devs being more anal and s to everyone, since it attracted a large crowd of kids and they were great when they were still small and not as popular.
    I'm Steve... I'm new here! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stryker View Post
    That's just messed up. Never had a problem on the forum, but I have to admit I haven't went there as of this year. DayZ may have something to do with the people and devs being more anal and s to everyone, since it attracted a large crowd of kids and they were great when they were still small and not as popular.
    i never had till i started to mark the errors specially after i told them the system i have and that i couldnt believe ARMA3 not even on LOW settings can get 60fps there was like a fountain of crap i received, but is the truth

see i have some examples

i participate in Project Cars wich is PRE ALPHA and every ppl complain cauz its made to be like that so devs are there and NEXT friday u got the issue solved...

i participate on Redlynx forums from a motocros race game and they fixed all

but Bohemia with ARMA3 and Ubisoft with FARCRY3 horrible man...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Actually, they did great with Far Cry 3... I think it has the least bugs compared to previous Far Cry installments, and even less bugs than Crysis alone... With that said, I'm enjoying the hell out of the Blood Dragon DLC that came out recently. My god, it's so stupid that I'm having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stryker View Post
    Actually, they did great with Far Cry 3... I think it has the least bugs compared to previous Far Cry installments, and even less bugs than Crysis alone... With that said, I'm enjoying the hell out of the Blood Dragon DLC that came out recently. My god, it's so stupid that I'm having a blast.
    hahha yeah but im not talking FAR CRY 3 singleplayer but MP u cant use SLI or Cross as after each party it freezes

see here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-game-PC/page4
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Now u can see what im talking about here i have inbox with PM from admins LOL about my mail to Bohemia Interactive...seems they already knew they care sh*t about anything but money...

and the messages go on and on very sad from them

so the answer from steam

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Sergio,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We do not offer refunds for Early Access Games.

Unlike preorders, your purchase of an Early Access Game gives full access to a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form. Before purchasing an Early Access game, you should consider what the game is like to play at the time. It is your responsibility to look at the screenshots and videos to see what the game looks like in its current state.

You can discuss bugs and leave feedback for developers through Community Discussions here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/

This is also a great place to find workarounds for issues that have already been reported.

Anytime you wish you can view your question online:
    https://support.steampowered.com/vie...8582-UASF-1745

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    This message was sent by the Steam Support helpdesk.

Have a question we can help you with? Visit our knowledgebase for a list of questions and answers:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb.php

Alternatively, ask our staff a question:
    https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Steam Support :: https://support.steampowered.com

<=== 8582-UASF-1745 --- a940a7fa ===>

Hands washed perfect
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Quote Originally Posted by gongo View Post
    I played Operation Flashpoint back in the day for only a couple hours and didn't really like it.
    Some friends showed me ARMA 2 and I still didn't like it.
    Then when the ARMA 3 Alpha came out I saw all of the tweaks that they've done with the movement control and that's what convinced me to buy it.
    Unfortunately it looks like the Beta is still 1-2 months away and the current content in the Alpha is pretty boring.

Good news is that you can import a lot of the assets from ARMA 2 with some mod so I went and bought ARMA 2 and I can honestly say that I like ARMA 2 better than ARMA 3 Alpha right now.
    Hopefully by the time ARMA 3 is finally released (probably in October by the sound of things) then it will be a better game.
    But there is a lot of potential in it.

I don't see any issue with performance except when I turn AA and PP to max. One setting back from max and everything is silky smooth.
    I have a Tyan S7002 with dual Xeon X5570 and 12GB DDR3-1333 and a SanDisk Xtreme 240 GB SSD.
    Video is a Nvidia GTX 680 running at 2560x1600.

It's too bad that SLI/CF isn't working properly with this game since performance is decent with just one card.
    Hopefully things are addressed by the time the game is finalized later this year.

you talking about ARMA3 runing smooth ? if so mate go edit the map and set it at the bay and start runing you will see fps drops from 19 to 60 easy...

if it was for FAR CRY 3 yes it do run awesome EXCEPT MP...

Cheers !
    Sergio
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

I don't ever get 60 fps anywhere in the game.
    I generally get somewhere between 20-25 fps in large MP servers (Insurgency with 50+ people).
    When I'm just by myself in the editor I usually run about 35-ish fps with 12 AI teammates and 24 AI enemies at Mike 26. A couple quads, a couple Ifrits, and 2 AH-6s running fire missions for me.

I'm still new in the game so I'm not so worried about my gfx performance as I am about not getting shot.
    I cant believe you dont care to have nice FPS mate...its imposible to game at 20fps...
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

I would lose my mind if I was gaming at 20 FPS. It makes me nauseous and it has to be 50+ for me.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah screw bohemia forums. They don't want discussion there.

I post a few issues, or perhaps some feedback and get insulted and trolled by the regulars there. They get no warnings. I get infractions for flame-baiting and banned from their forums.

The mods there are just hardcore Fanboys and don't care if you break the rules as long as you aren't saying anything that might be considered negative about their game.
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Simply put, their forum is run by North Koreans.

For what it's worth, I get *massive* speed increases when I turn down Post-Process to the lowest level.
    Something is seriously broken with the way they're doing bloom and depth-of-field.
    I will be disappointed if performance in the final product remains the same, but for now I'm not overly worried about it. They've been talking a lot about how they are optimizing the performance and it will scale better than ARMA 2 did.
    Let's hope that they make good on those promises.
    If not, then I'll just turn down a few settings and wait for the good mods to come out.
    Can u tell me what settings are u using ? Cauz i tried single card sli and tri sli...

Cheers
    Sergio
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast