Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ram Drive

happy to hear you managed to fix it

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    Hello Gendalf,
    I will let you know what happen to the 2600K rig CPU usage after I switch it to 3 X CEP2 concurrent.
    Hey jeanguy2,

What did you find?

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 - 11 May 2001)]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Hey jeanguy2,

What did you find?
    Hello Gandalf,

Once I saw that you had resolved your problem by fine tuning the T-throttle application; I assessed that there was no need to pursue the concurrent 3 x CEP2 WUs on the i7 2600k. I have now switched all my rigs over to HPF2 in an attempt to reach the Sapphire badge before the HPF2 project ends. I will be going to CEP2 once I reach the sapphire level on HPF2. This will likely be in 20 to 25 days from now. If you are still interested, I can then run the 3 and 4 concurrent CEP2 WUs on the 26000k to see if I get throttle back.

Just let me know if you still want this info..???

Good luck, jeanguy, at reaching Sapphire.

Any and all reliable data is most welcome. Since the CEP2 project is probably the only project that having a RAM Drive makes any real sense. I don't think any other project reads and writes to the HDD so often that a RAM Drive would result in any real advantage. But, I could be wrong. I'm an expert at being wrong. I've even given classes in it. Before I became a wizard, I was a teacher. You got it. Subject: Errology.

I've seen Yoyo@Home run their WUs at 50% CPU. I'd love to know how they did that little trick. Of course, it was on a laptop with only two WUs running, but still I saw it hit the 50% CPU level.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 05-21-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123